Trump bucks protocol on press access

webfact

1 hour ago, Usernames said:

Let's see, your side has already promised us that Trump would never get the nomination. That he would never be elected president. That the markets would crash after he was elected. And the dollar would plummet. That Mexico would never renegotiate over nafta and immigration (google what is happening today).  And now you just move on to a different set of your batty predictions and expect us to take them seriously???

You don't know "my side." And I'm not making any predictions.

Already Trump is whining about press coverage of his pre-presidential activities.

Trump promised he would be the Outsider, not obligated to big campaign donors, not tied to Wall Street and "Swamp" politics. Easy propoganda for the masses but not reality as he already recognizes with the makeup of his transition team and possible cabinet.

NAFTA was a trade Treaty that required US congressional approval - supported by more Republicans than Democrats. Whether Mexico is willing to alter its terms hasn't occured yet. But one thing is certain is that an economically weakened Mexico having a population of 122 million and sharing an almost 2,000 mile border with the US is not going to benefit either Mexico or the USA nor those countries' respective corporations involved in trade any good.

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Enoon said:

Mr Trump is not "entertaining" the press at the moment because he doesn't have any idea what to say about what he is going to do.

Because he has no real "vision", no plan, and doesn't know what to do.

His only motivation was "winning" the big "prize".

Isn't that obvious?

You kidding?

You act like toppling the Clinton machine was child's play

"His only motivation was winning the big prize"

Yeah right pal......Let's hope for another 4 years of this  motivation

then because we have not seen such in 8 years

Btw: what is also obvious is his planning previously made him a billionaire

how about yours? 

6 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Not really. Hillary Clinton won the POPULAR vote. 

From looking at your posts, it would appear you are upset, that Donald Trump was elected.

Not corrupt Clinton, well get used to it he will be here now for the next 4 years.

6 hours ago, Jingthing said:

He's a con man.

What did people expect?

The people didn't elect a president. 
They elected an authoritarian dictator.

Of course he's not going to have normal press access.

Authoritarian dictators never do unless it's their own completely controlled press. 

I guess he put the press on his ignore list.:laugh::laugh:

19 minutes ago, HerbalEd said:

Actually Clinton got the most people (i.e., US citizens) vote. So if JT is an American citizen, he is in the majority.

Yes, but the harsh reality now is that trump and his party now have almost total control over the government and will soon be able to have total control of the supreme court that will change the USA towards their radically right wing politics for 50 years or so.

Yes after most people reading this will be dead, so thus the sadness about this political doomsday, we'll never live to see it's reversal.

The legacy of Obama is about to be wiped out, almost TOTALLY. 

This indeed is a national tragedy except for radical right wingers.

Americans and global people that think this is just another normal election are sadly misinformed. The USA has ventured down a dark path and don't be surprised if much of the country is totally FREAKED OUT and wondering what can be done now to FIGHT BACK. 

It's early days yet. There will be fights, and they will mostly be LOSING fights, but that's better than total surrender.

I hope this doesn't translate into race war type violence that becomes endemic, but alas, that may indeed happen. 

Honestly, I think that is rather LIKELY, but of course I'm hoping I'm wrong. As bad as this is, and it is VERY VERY BAD, that's definitively not going to help!

Edited by Jingthing

7 hours ago, webfact said:

mplementing our plans in the near future."

We should live so long. Like the election campaign if some of the press get pushy they might be pushed right out the door. Scripted messages only. 

Edited by elgordo38

6 hours ago, daveAustin said:

because he hasn't been BOUGHT.

I think your wrong on this one. Given time the price will become pretty obvious and I am not talking money. He has already put the press corp in their place and scripted messages only will become the order of the day. It will be much the same way Harper ran Canada into the ground with a one trick pony called oil. 

Edited by elgordo38

2 hours ago, Usernames said:

Yep. A lot of Trump haters in California want to secede. Unlike Texas, for example, which has sufficient food and water to take care of itself, abundant energy resources and refineries, not to mention an electrical grid separate from the rest of the US, California gets more than half of its southern water supply (and almost all its agricultural water) from other states, has closed almost all its refineries, doesn't allow offshore drilling, is tied to the other states through their electrical grid. So, yea, let 'em go.  http://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-presidential-election-gives-momentum-to-california-secession-idea/

The US would be better off if the entire left coast fell into the Pacific ocean, especially the Land of Fruits and Nuts.

I would suggest giving the left coast to Mexico but they are not stupid enough to take it.

Edited by Gary A

10 minutes ago, Gary A said:

The US would be better off if the entire left coast fell into the Pacific ocean, especially the Land of Fruits and Nuts.

I would suggest giving the left coast to Mexico but they are not stupid enough to take it.

I'm from Oregon, and would like to see "left coast" be part of Canada: similar values, functioning health care system, etc. Falling off coast, as you put it, would save us from having to build a wall.

5 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

It's highly unlikely but the idea of breaking up the USA into new nations is not impossible. Look what happened to the USSR and other former nations under intense stress.

That is chicken little stuff and it behooves you to upbraid the post mortem tones from what I know of you JT.

You have to let the unspoken, rural america, have their turn. What you do have, are numerous failed representative systems, and none of that is Trump's fault. The fact that almost one half eligible voters did not care to cast a vote does not mean you have to make good their emotional chasm too. Once you begin to accept that the Democrats lost this, and Trump is a positive representative of a swathe of people not represented before, you will begin to heal. 

Good luck on this journey. Many are doing it differently.

19 minutes ago, Emster23 said:

I'm from Oregon, and would like to see "left coast" be part of Canada: similar values, functioning health care system, etc. Falling off coast, as you put it, would save us from having to build a wall.

What would a wall be for? Is it needed to keep people in or out?

15 minutes ago, kevkev1888 said:

You will never support Trump, sure OK.

What does you will never accept Trump actually mean????

Well, for one thing, when I tell foreigners my nationality, I will say I'm an American that opposes trump. It embarrasses me deeply that all Americans will now be associated with that horribly unfit, dangerous and hateful clown that has enacted a takeover of my country by the alt-right, a movement deeply infected with Nazis and all flavors of anti-intellectual regressive anti-civil rights HATERS. 

You know, when I meet a Russian unless they appear like an "alternative" type, I assume (sadly usually correctly) that they support their dictator Putin. 

Edited by Jingthing

22 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I will never accept trump. That I can guarantee. 

No problem but be true your guarantee .......

If he ends up doing some great things that benefit we the people......

please say no thanks....your not "my" president I pass on those benefits

57 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Yes, but the harsh reality now is that trump and his party now have almost total control over the government and will soon be able to have total control of the supreme court that will change the USA towards their radically right wing politics for 50 years or so.

Yes after most people reading this will be dead, so thus the sadness about this political doomsday, we'll never live to see it's reversal.

The legacy of Obama is about to be wiped out, almost TOTALLY. 

This indeed is a national tragedy except for radical right wingers.

Americans and global people that think this is just another normal election are sadly misinformed. The USA has ventured down a dark path and don't be surprised if much of the country is totally FREAKED OUT and wondering what can be done now to FIGHT BACK. 

It's early days yet. There will be fights, and they will mostly be LOSING fights, but that's better than total surrender.

I hope this doesn't translate into race war type violence that becomes endemic, but alas, that may indeed happen. 

Honestly, I think that is rather LIKELY, but of course I'm hoping I'm wrong. As bad as this is, and it is VERY VERY BAD, that's definitively not going to help!

This is indeed the heart of the problem.  The Repubs will not only rescind Obama's achievements, but they may well revoke the New Deal, or what's left of it. 

While people are understandably focused on Trump himself, whose pronouncements have been too inconsistent to make sense of, it's a lot easier to look at what the Republican leadership in Congress will do since they have been clear about it for years.  They will indeed make short work of Obamacare, but Ryan supported Bush's attempt to destroy Social Security by privatising it, which failed at the time.  Ryan and the other Repub leaders haven't changed their stripes in the meantime.  Trump announced during the election that he would not go after SS and Medicare, but he earlier called SS a "Ponzi scheme."  So, what does he really think?  Who knows?  But McConnell, Ryan and the rest are determined to destroy both SS and Medicare.  Hell, they want to destroy public education in America, which is another item on the current agenda.

This election is not merely a disappointing change of government, it will be a revolution.  Like Reagan's revolution the effects will only become apparent down the road when the working class and the middle class, very much including Trump's supporters of 2016, will pay an enormous price.

First they will turn the US into Kansas, a project that has failed in every purpose except that of lowering taxes on the rich.  And, by and by, the US will become Brazil where a tiny group will have all the wealth.  And it will be because there just won't be enough money to pay for government services on which everyone, but the rich, depend.

41 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

It's highly unlikely but the idea of breaking up the USA into new nations is not impossible. Look what happened to the USSR and other former nations under intense stress.

Wow - you really are desperate to clutch at any straw!

Probably best to get over it.  Trump (appalling man as he is) has been elected, and so time to hope that he (depressingly) turns into the politician who promises everything and delivers nothing for ordinary people.

47 minutes ago, Gary A said:

With 54 million people and $3 trillion in gross domestic product, effectively the fifth-largest economy in the world, the Pacific Coast has the might to reshape the US economy.

Most of this $$ is in CA. I think Mexico would take us.

2 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

Wow - you really are desperate to clutch at any straw!

Probably best to get over it.  Trump (appalling man as he is) has been elected, and so time to hope that he (depressingly) turns into the politician who promises everything and delivers nothing for ordinary people.

Not seeking personal advice here, so back off. 

9 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Well, for one thing, when I tell foreigners my nationality, I will say I'm an American that opposes trump. It embarrasses me deeply that all Americans will now be associated with that horribly unfit, dangerous and hateful clown that has enacted a takeover of my country by the alt-right, a movement deeply infected with Nazis and all flavors of anti-intellectual regressive anti-civil rights HATERS. 

You know, when I meet a Russian unless they appear like an "alternative" type, I assume (sadly usually correctly) that they support their dictator Putin. 

You're braver than most as the Americans as I've met over the years, when asked, say they are Canadians :lol:.

If you think Trump being elected has (at the moment) made your nationality more unpopular - than you're clearly living in your own fantasy land.

51 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Maybe that's why Putin is cosying up to the new President?

It wouldn't hurt Mother Russia one little bit to see the USA break apart.

China would love it too.

1 minute ago, dick dasterdly said:

You're braver than most as the Americans as I've met over the years, when asked, say they are Canadians :lol:.

If you think Trump being elected has (at the moment) made your nationality more unpopular - than you're clearly living in your own fantasy land.

You missed my point entirely. 

6 minutes ago, CaptHaddock said:

This is indeed the heart of the problem.  The Repubs will not only rescind Obama's achievements, but they may well revoke the New Deal, or what's left of it. 

While people are understandably focused on Trump himself, whose pronouncements have been too inconsistent to make sense of, it's a lot easier to look at what the Republican leadership in Congress will do since they have been clear about it for years.  They will indeed make short work of Obamacare, but Ryan supported Bush's attempt to destroy Social Security by privatising it, which failed at the time.  Ryan and the other Repub leaders haven't changed their stripes in the meantime.  Trump announced during the election that he would not go after SS and Medicare, but he earlier called SS a "Ponzi scheme."  So, what does he really think?  Who knows?  But McConnell, Ryan and the rest are determined to destroy both SS and Medicare.  Hell, they want to destroy public education in America, which is another item on the current agenda.

This election is not merely a disappointing change of government, it will be a revolution.  Like Reagan's revolution the effects will only become apparent down the road when the working class and the middle class, very much including Trump's supporters of 2016, will pay an enormous price.

First they will turn the US into Kansas, a project that has failed in every purpose except that of lowering taxes on the rich.  And, by and by, the US will become Brazil where a tiny group will have all the wealth.  And it will be because there just won't be enough money to pay for government services on which everyone, but the rich, depend.

I hope you're wrong, but suspect you're right :sad:.

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

You missed my point entirely. 

I'm not so sure.  I can see the Americans in Sukhumvit acting like the Nigerians who try to pass themselves off as Ghanaians (not that it's much better, mind).

What surprises me is the apparent readiness of so many Americans on this forum to either throw in the towel or to talk about fighting back!  Fight back against what?  the overwhelming will of the majority of the States that make up the Union?

You truly can't claim that Clinton won the popular vote when around 45% of registered voters simply couldn't be bothered to vote.  Even the counted votes only showed less than a quarter percent advantage for Hillary in the popular vote.  

I love that term "Popular Vote"when, in reality, it was more of who was the least unpopular on the day, hence the pathetic turn out.

It sounds more and more like sour grapes.  Better, surely, to accept the final result of your centuries long democratic process and either accept it or challenge it in a constitutional way?

Talk of race war etc. (blah, blah, blah) is just silly and scare mongering.  It's not as though the race issue in the US was being well managed under the first black president is it?  How many racially motivated killings occurred during Obama's tenure?  A lot of visibility on Police killing of black men under Obama but the Police were/are a part of Obama's America, right?