Army angers boat owners by demolishing Bali Hai boat ramp

Rimmer

Army angers boat owners by demolishing Bali Hai boat ramp

Soldiers demolishes the Bali Hai Pier boat ramp, telling speedboat operators wanting to put their boats in the water in Pattaya to go to Jomtien Beach.

PATTAYA:-- The military junta has told speedboat operators wanting to put their boats in the water in Pattaya to go to Jomtien Beach instead after soldiers demolished the Bali Hai Pier boat ramp.

Operators were incensed Nov. 4 that the military decided to demolish the ramp at Bali Hai at the same time it evicted them from parking their vessels on land around the jetty.

The National Council for Peace and Order gave no reason for its decision to destroy the ramp. Instead, the military said, operators now wishing to hit the water must go to existing ramps in front of the Siam Commercial Bank or at Jomtien Soi 14.

The military had ordered boat owners to remove their trailered watercraft from the Bali Hai Parking lot and surrounding streets, saying they were encroaching on public property. All moved by the Nov. 1 deadline, finding spaces on private property or mooring them offshore.

One disgruntled owner said he has had nothing but trouble since. It’s a long journey from Pattaya to the Jomtien boat ramps, he complained. And if they have to moor offshore, their boats will be damaged.

Read more:http://www.pattayamail.com/news/army-angers-boat-owners-demolishing-bali-hai-boat-ramp-154715

PATTAYA MAIL 2016-11-11

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One disgruntled owner said he has had nothing but trouble since. It’s a long journey from Pattaya to the Jomtien boat ramps, he complained. And if they have to moor offshore, their boats will be damaged.

Good point.  Doesn't seem the army thought this one out very well.  Or just didn't care.

39 minutes ago, craigt3365 said:

Good point.  Doesn't seem the army thought this one out very well.  Or just didn't care.

I'm sure  he /they,  will adjust there  prices to an  expectable level

to compensate for this inconvenience.

Boats all over the small  soi's in Jomtien now.

Chyapuke 1 not so good now,   lots of tractor units up and down transferring boats to the slip way.

in the mornings and early evening.

nice one pattaya. :sad:

Edited by onemorechang

Boats on trailers where parked long time and not used.

Now many boats for sale, angry business man complaining that it not worth to go out with these extra costs.

It seems more that these business man found out that copy other companies was not the best business plan and blaming the Military for it.

Law of the jungle.

Pattaya Boat Association grab public land and squat on it for decades defending it with violence.

Military boot them out as land is now required by them and they have more guns.

This is why developed countries have the rule of law and stringent urban planning laws, regulations and procedures.

his whole mafia crowd are all linked together, they have been ripping off tourists for decades - speedboats - jetski's -  beach vendors they are one and the same.

You need to look carefully at what has been going on in Pattaya administration these last 6 months, slowly but surely they are removing the old guard corrupt administration and replacing them with people who cannot be influenced by the local mafia's and people of influence - in fact some of those removed were likely the top dogs in these mafia like organisations - their days are numbered

Where I live folk with cows do not have the land to feed them...So the cows are let loose to wander the streets to eat....Now to me this is out of order, one of these cows went into a frenzie and damaged my ride...Of course getting recompense was just a dream...

Well perhaps these boat owners are doing similar stuff....Got a boat but do not have land to park it on, so they shove it on land/highway that does not belong to them..

BUT, to me doing away with the ramp was not the right 'tack'....Telling the boat owners to land birth their boats NOT on public roads or land or ELSE, would have been the way to go..

1 hour ago, fasteddie said:

Prayut's bringing happiness to the people?

He's making me fairly happy in that he is tidying the country up and introducing a semblance of respect for the law (though he has a hell of a long way further to go on that one).

Personally I dont care whether speed boat operators and bar/brothel owners are happy or not.

These boat operators..and of course, their "managers", never pay any costs for the management of the ramps, storage, drag their boats where ever as if they own the roads, leave their garbage on the ground, never clean fuel and oil spills...they're just thieving grubs that have been out of control for years (similar to the jet skis) until the military came along.

The Tessaban and police have been sharing these operators for years

Kudos to the army to rid Pattaya of these people.

good riddance, i've been run into the disgusting channel that runs next to the road by one of those asswipes parking boats with tractors, nearly went over the bars and the crap on my wheel was the worst i've ever been in..

the whole area was a right off for anyone but those using it for boat business....

Law of the jungle.

Pattaya Boat Association grab public land and squat on it for decades defending it with violence.

Military boot them out as land is now required by them and they have more guns.

This is why developed countries have the rule of law and stringent urban planning laws, regulations and procedures.

God I love this regime!!! Not only do they mean business but a double whammy is thousands of terrified farang have gone home! It's a win win all round [emoji23]

Sent from my SC-01D using Tapatalk

Oh dear, boat owner not happy, tough luck sunshine, they have had it too good for far too long, about time the harsh reality of life kicked them up the jacksy,  nothing but a bunch of low life, thieving scumbags.

I just hope the army starts to charge for using the slipway in Jomtien, that would really add insult to injury :biggrin:

14 hours ago, KittenKong said:

He's making me fairly happy in that he is tidying the country up and introducing a semblance of respect for the law (though he has a hell of a long way further to go on that one).

Personally I dont care whether speed boat operators and bar/brothel owners are happy or not.

Have you seen many boats going through Jomtien?  I've only made one trip there since my return and did see one trying to go past the "round about" being pulled by an under powered 4 wheel ATV.  Made a mess of the traffic.

How many of you have ever trailered and launched or removed a boat?  Without a little bit of practice one can really mess things up, backing up the truck or car.  I am sure many of the trailers won't have proper lights or even be of the right size.  So many drivers don't drive well with a basic car or truck, never mind now towing something, judging turns, maintaining safe stopping distances etc.  Securing the boat properly, without taking shortcuts.  The road traffic in Jomtien will be a wreck if people start putting in and taking out their boats at about the same time of day AM and then PM.    There will be a lot of collateral damage from this.  Now a big question is:  What is going to be done with this part of the Bali pier?  Like many things, follow the money. 

I saw many boats anchored in Pattaya bay last night, perhaps over 100 and maybe 10 on the beach with one or 2 crew members in them.

It is a problem where to park the boats for the night but they been free parking their boats for app 10 years now and it's about time something is done about it, Bali Hai pier area is prime beach front land and will hopefully be turned into something nice, more people can enjoy.

Yes looks like the mafia local administration days are over, very good but sad it takes military rule to get it sorted. 

16 minutes ago, gk10002000 said:

Now a big question is:  What is going to be done with this part of the Bali pier? 

report here of the reason for the clear out 

http://manager.co.th/Local/ViewNews.aspx?NewsID=9590000111261

the nice men in green want the area for  "ASEAN International Fleet Review 2017"

Another 575 million baht to be spent on a new "marina"  ( yes another one )

179 million baht to be spent renovating the old " marina"

100 million baht for "reception buildings"

12 hours ago, kaorop said:

the whole area was a right off for anyone but those using it for boat business....

It sounds like something could have been done.  As mentioned, people needed it for their boat business, for their livelihood.  The army trashed the ramp like they are trashing universal suffrage, freedom of speech and the Thai economy.   Suppose it should come as no surprise.  Nobody will be held accountable anyway.   

Edited by yellowboat

14 minutes ago, yellowboat said:

It sounds like something could have been done.  As mentioned, people needed it for their boat business, for their livelihood.  The army trashed the ramp like they are trashing universal suffrage, freedom of speech and the Thai economy.   Suppose it should come as no surprise.  Nobody will be held accountable anyway.   

Because people should just be able to do whaevert they want. I want this beach I should just be able to take it. I'm a thug, can do what I like. Well you just met a bigger one. Utter nonsense and trivializing so many issues to compare this to a human rights issue. 

Edited by KhaoNiaw

31 minutes ago, Ace of Pop said:

Why didn't they just make it a rather nice,well organized Boat Park,charging according,no Tourists show much interest in that area except for Sex Tourists at night time

As a tourist, I loved wandering around the neatly (and sometimes not so neatly) organized, well patrolled marinas in California and Texas and other waterways back home, checking out the boats and seeing what's new and zoomy, and admiring creative solutions for living in 200 square feet.  That area around Bali Hai, not so much.  

It could have been a great attraction had they been able to put a limit on the number of boats and the activities that made the place more like a post-apocalyptic junkyard than a friendly tourist area.  But once the mouse had the cookie...

Edited by impulse

3 minutes ago, impulse said:

As a tourist, I loved wandering around the neatly (and sometimes not so neatly) organized, well patrolled marinas in California and Texas and other waterways back home, checking out the boats and seeing what's new and zoomy, and admiring creative solutions for living in 200 square feet.  That area around Bali Hai, not so much.  

It could have been a great attraction had they been able to put a limit on the number of boats and the activities that made the place more like a post-apocalyptic junkyard than a friendly tourist area.  But once the mouse had the cookie...

Yes, the marinas are great fun to explore.  Typically with a place to eat nearby and look out over the water.  The ones I liked (San Diego, Newport Beach and Marina Del Rey) all were natural harbors.  I think it'd be hard to make that here?  Ocean Marina is quite nice though.  We'll be there today for a sail!