Price of Thai Gov't Lottery Tickets?

Joe Mama

I thought the new Thai government had finally firmly fixed the price of the Thai Government Lottery tickets at 80 Baht?  I just tried to buy a ticket ending with the number "29" in the central  Amnat Charoen City Market Place area and all the Mafia ticket sellers there told me that "29" was a special number & that the price was 100 baht!!!  I have no idea what is so special about the number "29",  but I do know that the odds are the very same for all 2 digit numbers in the lottery...which is 1 out of 100!  So what gives...I though the government had finally got all these sellers under control & that they could only charge 80 baht per ticket?   I guess the Thai Government lottery ticket sellers in Amnat Charoen are "Special" too, and above the law!  Looks like it's back to business as usual for them...sell for whatever price the market will bear!  That's fine with me as I will no longer buy my lottery tickets in Amnat Charoen!

Yeah I was at the 700 rai market in Sattahip a couple of weeks ago and the ticket mafia there was charging 90 baht. They were not showing their prices as I thought that was the law also. There was one fellow in a wheelchair who was selling for 80 baht who got my business. Thai people just cannot stick to the rules.

Same with the sellers in Chinatown...90...100...120b..special numbers they tell me because of the "recent major event" that occurred....same with black clothing...food..bottled water...all prices jacked up..because of you know what.....for me it is a huge show of disrespect....that the sellers of these items increase their prices....total blatant disrespect ...they just can't help themselves can they....

At Saphan Kwai, at the area outside of the GSB Bank HQ, the lottery vendors are selling tickets for sought after numbers at Bt 200 each for or Bt 1,000 for a pack of 5, at the food court at paradise park, there is only one thai-chinese seller who sells tickets at Bt 110 to Bt 120 for normal tickets and sought after numbers at Bt 160 per ticket. At the row of shops outside Big C Onnut, tickets are going for between 85 to 90 bt for normal numbers and between Bt 120 to Bt 180 for premium numbers. As far as I am concerned , this governemnt is bullshit! They cannot control the thai vendors.

1 hour ago, Canceraid said:

At Saphan Kwai, at the area outside of the GSB Bank HQ, the lottery vendors are selling tickets for sought after numbers at Bt 200 each for or Bt 1,000 for a pack of 5, at the food court at paradise park, there is only one thai-chinese seller who sells tickets at Bt 110 to Bt 120 for normal tickets and sought after numbers at Bt 160 per ticket. At the row of shops outside Big C Onnut, tickets are going for between 85 to 90 bt for normal numbers and between Bt 120 to Bt 180 for premium numbers. As far as I am concerned , this governemnt is bullshit! They cannot control the thai vendors.

Yeah, my missus plays a private lottery - but the last time we went to this special temple where people rub this tree trunk to find the numbers, she wanted to buy a ticket, the sellers were all asking 150-200B - all of the numbers were lucky apparently. Lucky for me, she remebered her common sense and walked away.

Edited by recom273

7 minutes ago, snoopy21 said:

Pattaya too! They charged me 90 baht yesterday and 100 baht on Nov 4. I asked why? They said buy it or leave it.

yes,I went Friendship supermarket yesterday, and also 90 baht,they told me, mai mi 80 baht and my answer was , mai mi lottery tickets then for me,but they don't care at all.

I am fairly sure that recently I read somewhere that the government made a statement about lottery prices. They said that the price is 80 THB and that any vendors who charged more should be reported to the authorities. These vendors would then be stripped of the right to sell lottery tickets. So it is down to you to walk away and report these people.

13 hours ago, KIWIBATCH said:

Same with the sellers in Chinatown...90...100...120b..special numbers they tell me because of the "recent major event" that occurred....same with black clothing...food..bottled water...all prices jacked up..because of you know what.....for me it is a huge show of disrespect....that the sellers of these items increase their prices....total blatant disrespect ...they just can't help themselves can they....

Its no better in the west, buy a bottle of water there.

If you were brave you could start taking photos of the sellers and if they ask why you are taking photos, tell them you are going to report them, just make sure that your 6 ft tall and weigh 150 kg and built like a brick sh_t house.

In CM its the police who control some of the larger lotto stands. They are set up on the foot path and have signs that parking for lotto customers only ( on the public parking along kerb) They also ask more for multiple sets of same numbers. I have no idea who or how thew latter price is determined.

Just report them ti the government lottery office. I have yet to find someone overcharging the tickets in Chiang Mai , but thanks for the warning. I always pay 80 baht or walk away .