Trump Won't Take Presidential Salary, Promises Only To Take $1

webfact

Yes Mr. Trump so called peoples champion. Guess who is being floated as Treasury Secretary. 

A borrowed answer. 

He's a consummate Wall Street elitist — indeed, the capo di tutti capi ("boss of all bosses") up there. None other than the illustrious Jamie Dimon who has his own personal chair in front of Congress and no doubt his own teleprompter. I think it contains a phrase from the famous TV series Hogans Heroes and uttered by Sgt. Schultz.  

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Shawn0000 said:

Bill Clinton went in with nothing but Hillary had investments worth between $350,000 and $1 million and they came out with $100 million.

Bush Jr went in an oil tycoon and came out with $23 million but that is no doubt just how much of his worth he pays taxes on.

Obama went in with $1.3 million and is now worth $7 million.

Trump is going in with $3.5 billion and a pledge to give himself a substantial tax break.

According to Hillary, they were "Dead Broke" when they left the White House.  In the next 15 years, they accumulated a wealth of an estimated $250 million, not counting the Clinton Foundation money.

3 hours ago, phantomfiddler said:

And meanwhile, michelle is nicking as much cutlery and moveable furniture as she can spirit away :)

I don't think that will happen.  Hillary did it when she left the White House, and got caught.  She ended up having to return or pay for virtually all she took.

2 minutes ago, landslide said:

According to Hillary, they were "Dead Broke" when they left the White House.  In the next 15 years, they accumulated a wealth of an estimated $250 million, not counting the Clinton Foundation money.

They made a couple million in the first few days of leaving office, three years later they already had 100 million.

2 minutes ago, elgordo38 said:

Seems like the president elect is having buyers remorse. He apparently does not wish to live full time in the White House. 

Did anyone actually believe he ever would? It's a DUMP for him. Also so much boring work to do there  that takes more than five seconds of focusing on one topic. Mussolini style campaign rallies ... all that fun stuff is OVER. trumpy poo -- careful what you wish for. It gets REAL now. 

Edited by Jingthing

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

Did anyone actually believe he ever would? It's a DUMP for him. Also so much boring work to do there  that takes more than five seconds of focusing on one topic. Mussolini style campaign rallies ... all that fun stuff is OVER. trumpy poo -- careful what you wish for. It gets REAL now. 

I get it now this was just another level in the apprentice game. The platinum level?? Winner take all. 

Now is a good time for Mr. Trump to have his own foundation to donate his salary to.

Since this election I have seen many losers, marching in protests to this democratic

election. It is time for all of them to get back to work as well.  For the paid off

protestors , it is time for their rich backers to back off! 

I am just glad that the American currency did not take a nose dive, as our Canadian

dollar, would have likely went the same way.

Geezer

7 hours ago, elgordo38 said:

Seems like the president elect is having buyers remorse. He apparently does not wish to live full time in the White House. 

Who says the President must “live in” the White House? Why? It would cost less for us Americans for him not to do so...

7 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Yeah, he may technically soon the be "my president" but unless they change the laws, don't need to ever respect him or think that such a buffoon running a fascist campaign becoming president should ever be considered "normal" by decent people. 

Bla, bla, bla...

7 hours ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

Now is a good time for Mr. Trump to have his own foundation to donate his salary to.

Since this election I have seen many losers, marching in protests to this democratic

election. It is time for all of them to get back to work as well.  For the paid off

protestors , it is time for their rich backers to back off! 

I am just glad that the American currency did not take a nose dive, as our Canadian

dollar, would have likely went the same way.

Geezer

Yes... “manyyoung stupid protesters. All well paid for their effort... True democratic action based on sound facts not just ideas [right?]... Hum, I just wonder, why are there not more of them and why are they all so young? Just something to hold in mind and consider...

17 hours ago, Shawn0000 said:

Bill Clinton went in with nothing but Hillary had investments worth between $350,000 and $1 million and they came out with $100 million.

Bush Jr went in an oil tycoon and came out with $23 million but that is no doubt just how much of his worth he pays taxes on.

Obama went in with $1.3 million and is now worth $7 million.

Trump is going in with $3.5 billion and a pledge to give himself a substantial tax break.

I like that but I wonder how he will claim the Trump executive plane for the next 4/8 years on his taxes if he has free use of AF1 now, like Obama was using it.

14 minutes ago, The Deerhunter said:

I like that but I wonder how he will claim the Trump executive plane for the next 4/8 years on his taxes if he has free use of AF1 now, like Obama was using it.

How does that defer from any other President? Other than President [Elect] Trump is giving back or refusing $499,999.00 in salary? Lets not discount the fact that  President [Elect] Trump has also clearly stated he has NO intentions of taking any vacations!? When Obama and/or his family’s vacations cost the tax payers multiple millions of dollars per vacation! ... Shall we continue?  :shock1:

15 minutes ago, ThaiWest said:

How does that defer from any other President? Other than President [Elect] Trump is giving back or refusing $499,999.00 in salary? Lets not discount the fact that  President [Elect] Trump has also clearly stated he has NO intentions of taking any vacations!? When Obama and/or his family’s vacations cost the tax payers multiple millions of dollars per vacation! ... Shall we continue?  :shock1:

He's already backing off campaign promises.  Let's wait and see before congratulating him....

16 minutes ago, ThaiWest said:

You have just explained to me MY EXACT POINT!!!  Obama used it for vacations and it my point was, it would be available presumably for Trump to do the same.  Don''t be so over-sensitive and protective of Trump.  I wanted Hillary GONE!!!!! too.

4 minutes ago, craigt3365 said:

He's already backing off campaign promises.  Let's wait and see before congratulating him....

As he has always clearly stated, he is the “great negotiator“ and that is just what the majority of his supporters have and do expect of him. In no way do I, nor those I know who voted for him, feel he is backing down... He is “negotiating” just as he has clearly stated he would do. ... The “proof is in the pudding”! You must always recall, that Trump actually was NOT a Republican, he is more Independent than anything other. He is for the “outsider!” Albeit, he ran on the Republican ticket...

12 minutes ago, The Deerhunter said:

You have just explained to me MY EXACT POINT!!!  Obama used it for vacations and it my point was, it would be available presumably for Trump to do the same.  Don''t be so over-sensitive and protective of Trump.  I wanted Hillary GONE!!!!! too.

Deerhunter, ... stepping back to SE Asia, I bowl my head to you. No offense was taken nor intended. Thank you.

:smile:

28 minutes ago, craigt3365 said:

So is that woman ( a senator I think) who was going to move to Vancouver, Canada, if Trump won.  In effect she now argues that it was one of those things you say to make a point, but don't really mean. You just know she is a politician, don't you!  Perhaps a similar case may be made for a certain beautiful 40 foot high wall  "to be, or not to be" built across Texas & somewhere else.   

Warts & all, the US really had no other alternative to Trump if they really needed to be sure to "ditch the *itch" regardless of how Hollywood told them to vote.   And the final Electoral college AND popular votes counted prove that America had got fatigued with listening to lies.  I am sure glad Hillary is gone from international politics anyway & I am not even American.  (Note: no rude words used.)

Edited by The Deerhunter

4 minutes ago, The Deerhunter said:

So is that woman ( a senator I think) who was going to move to Vancouver, Canada, if Trump won.  In effect she now argues that it was one of those things you say to make a point, but don't really mean. You just know she is a politician, don't you!  Perhaps a similar case may be made for a certain beautiful 40 foot high wall  "to be, or not to be" built across Texas & somewhere else.   

Warts & all, the US really had no other alternative to Trump if they really needed to be sure to "ditch the *itch" regardless of how Hollywood told them to vote.   And the final Electoral college AND popular votes counted prove that America had got fatigued with listening to lies.  I am sure glad Hillary is gone from international politics anyway & I am not even American.  (Note: no rude words used.)

So you are saying the American population is now OK listening to lies from somebody who wasn't a politician?  Seems that's what's happening.

P.S. I don't like either of them.  I think we could have come up with better candidates.  Just my personal opinion. 

1 minute ago, craigt3365 said:

So you are saying the American population is now OK listening to lies from somebody who wasn't a politician?  Seems that's what's happening.

P.S. I don't like either of them.  I think we could have come up with better candidates.  Just my personal opinion. 

Too late... Where have you been for the last 18 months?! Time to...go to your comfortable chair, grab a beer and relax!  

10 minutes ago, The Deerhunter said:

Personally, I must say that should any citizen be unable to accept a constitutionally elected President, then that might well be the proper action for them to take! Otherwise, it is their civic duty to remain and to strive for what they believe in as I have done for many years. Some stay and fight for what they believe and, well, others tuck their tails and run!

I would much rather see those who do not have what it take to stand their ground and fight, run! 

Please, do get out of my beloved country for they do not have what is needed to make up what this country is based on!

How say you?!  

12 minutes ago, craigt3365 said:

Abso-<deleted>-lutely!!!!!