Israeli murder: new twists as Thai father claims Shimon murdered his daughter

webfact

Israeli murder: new twists as Thai father claims Shimon murdered his daughter

pm1.jpg

Picture: Sanook

BANGKOK: -- A Thai father has gone to police to claim that the Israeli man who has admitted murdering a compatriot has killed his daughter too.

Nantiya Saeng-urai, 37, has been missing for a year. She is the wife of Shimon Bintan, 50, who has admitted to the murder of Eliyahu Cohen, 50, on Wednesday.

She is also the mother of a son, Ben Bintan, 17, who the couple had together.

And in a further twist police say Shimon has given a reason for killing his friend. They say he has admitted that he did it out of jealousy because Eliyahu had sex with his wife.

Also neighbors reported seeing a mysterious "pregnant" woman visiting the premises where the body was found but she had stopped coming recently.

The wife's father Anan Saeng-urai went to Bang Bua Thong police with her picture yesterday to claim she has been murdered by the suspect.

He said that he had gone to see Shimon to enquire about her whereabouts after he lost contact with her. 

Anan said that he was told by Shimon that his daughter had been arrested at the border on Nong Khai by Laotian authorities on a drug related matter.

But contact he had with the Laotian embassy failed to turn up any evidence that this was the case.

Anan said that he had asked Ben, the son, about his mother and the youth had said strangely that he had never met her, that he didn't know her. 

This was despite the fact that he had been brought up by his mother for ten years while Shimon was in prison for another abduction and murder committed in Kanchanaburi.

When Shimon had come out of prison after serving ten years he was deported to Israel but later managed to come back to Thailand and take his son with him.

According to Anan, Shimon returned to Thailand in 2015 and his daughter returned to live with him in Bang Bua Thong. She then disappeared. Now the arrest had happened he went to police about  his concerns for his daughter.

He said the notion that Ben does not know his mother is absurd - he said he went with her to get his first Thai ID card just last year.

Police took Anan to the rented house as investigations into this aspect of the case continued.

Meanwhile, Shimon told police on Sunday that he killed Eliyahu - who was found entombed in concrete in a storage room under the stairs in the house - because he had sex with his wife.

He was taken on a reenactment to the house. Sanook.com reported that the case has moved fast after Shimon was caught on CCTV using the victim's credit card to buy black plastic bags, moth balls and razor blades. 

He also attempted to buy luggage.

Sanook.com interviewed neighbors who gave some further tantalizing details. They said that Ben was seen talking at length with both his father and the victim. He had spoken to the victim in a car. 

They said father and son had lived in the house for about two years.

Recently they had seen a big framed, tall woman who they thought was pregnant visiting the house frequently. But this mystery woman had not been seen for some while now.

Source: Sanook1, Sanook 2

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-11-14

Quote from link :

"The Israeli newspaper Jerusalem Post wrote in an article that Mr Biton “is known to be related to drug smuggling, and was charged in the past with trying to conceal the body of another murdered Israeli in Thailand.”

According to the report, Mr Cohen himself was sentenced to life in prison by a Thai court in 2004 after he was found guilty of the murder of his ex-wife. He was granted a royal pardon in 2012, the article went on."

http://www.farang-deaths.com/case/eliyahu-cohen/

Alot of dead bodies in this tragedy...

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

1 hour ago, zaphod reborn said:

I assume that this guy was still in Thailand under the "Bad Guys stay in, Good Guys kept out" immigration policy.

Exactly! Fairly unbelievable.
But at least they're getting better by the month at hassling everyone wanting to stay longer if these are just too young for their schemes ... makes sense - just for whom is the big question ... 

4 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

I can see this one being too difficult for the Thaivisa sleuths to work out, so what chance have the R.T.P got ?

Not difficult at all. Friend kills friend for shagging his wife who is then killed also. Previous murders appear to have been sorted out. But it sure is hard to see the R.T.P getting it right.

15 minutes ago, lungnorm said:

Not difficult at all. Friend kills friend for shagging his wife who is then killed also. Previous murders appear to have been sorted out. But it sure is hard to see the R.T.P getting it right.

And the wife's body is....... Where ?

You are a novice, there are some professional sleuths on here, they will get to the bottom of it eventually.

Yes, same Shimon I knew in prison, except he won his case of murdering another Israeli over drugs deal and Shimon shriki took the fall. Shimon fought extradition not to be sent back to Israel for years, I know this as I used to write his letters for him as he couldn't write English or Thai...lot of different stories here. But I know his old case very well.

7 hours ago, greenchair said:

I'm still waiting to hear about the result of the chopped up guy on the freezer. These cases hit the headlines. Then dissappear all the time. It's like reading one book after another with the last chapter being held in a vault.

I have pointed this out about 10 times.

Why do we not hear anything about the follow up on original news stories published by Thai Visa...the supposed "know all" on what's going down.

Cheers

This was despite the fact that he [the son] had been brought up by his mother for ten years while Shimon was in prison for another abduction and murder committed in Kanchanaburi.

When Shimon had come out of prison after serving ten years he was deported to Israel but later managed to come back to Thailand and take his son with him.

According to Anan, Shimon returned to Thailand in 2015 and his daughter returned to live with him in Bang Bua Thong.

Another prime example of the farce that is Thai Immigration's so-called "Good Guys In, Bad Guys Out" policy.

10 hours ago, Thorgal said:

Quote from link :

"The Israeli newspaper Jerusalem Post wrote in an article that Mr Biton “is known to be related to drug smuggling, and was charged in the past with trying to conceal the body of another murdered Israeli in Thailand.”

According to the report, Mr Cohen himself was sentenced to life in prison by a Thai court in 2004 after he was found guilty of the murder of his ex-wife. He was granted a royal pardon in 2012, the article went on."

http://www.farang-deaths.com/case/eliyahu-cohen/

Alot of dead bodies in this tragedy...

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

Explained on the parallel topic. Same name not the same guy. The recent victim is another Cohen, not the 2004 murderer.

7 hours ago, Mickmouse1 said:

Most Israeli Jews have two Passports also a name change is feasible ?there you go....

No, they don't. And at least on the murderer's first arrival (after escaping from Israel) he got into Thailand with a fake passport. Now, that's another issue...

12 hours ago, greenchair said:

I'm still waiting to hear about the result of the chopped up guy on the freezer. These cases hit the headlines. Then dissappear all the time. It's like reading one book after another with the last chapter being held in a vault.

Lets just say "money makes the world go round ,the world go round" ,dont be surprised if that gang are seen out and about in next few weeks/months.............if they have enough hidden !.....thats why we never hear the last chapter as is private info.!!

14 hours ago, greenchair said:

You´re right! There is The chopped guy in the freezer, The Chicken woman (Ying Kai) and now this. Wonder how long time it takes for this to disappear.

However, we have a lot of knowledge here on TV, maybe many of our member can offer there services to the police, so the caos get completed.

20 hours ago, ericnoodeeka said:

what an amazing story, a web of lies, murder, drugs, infidellity, ....., how on earth do they get away with it for so long?

if i dare to drive my car with a light out, guarenteed i will get done straight away. some people must be made of teflon i guess.

How do you get a royal pardon for murder that vicious , I will just leave that one to the imagination.

This guy is a psychopathic serial killer and should never be released.

21 hours ago, jessy88 said:

Yes, same Shimon I knew in prison, except he won his case of murdering another Israeli over drugs deal and Shimon shriki took the fall. Shimon fought extradition not to be sent back to Israel for years, I know this as I used to write his letters for him as he couldn't write English or Thai...lot of different stories here. But I know his old case very well.

Oh, Really!  Sounds like you might be of service to the BIB, perhaps?