Change to retire extension rules 2016 ?

1 hour ago, NanLaew said:

That's a bit of a stretch when you consider the following.

Maybe, but that was also said about the "new information form" when that showed up last year in only a few offices at the beginning. Nowadays I think we can ask which office do not use it? Wait and see:smile:

28 minutes ago, Felt 35 said:

Maybe, but that was also said about the "new information form" when that showed up last year in only a few offices at the beginning. Nowadays I think we can ask which office do not use it? Wait and see:smile:

I think if you consider there are around 50 immigration offices throughout the country their are many not asking for form. I would guess the majority don't.

I have never seen one other than the ones posted on this forum. I have done three 90 day reports and an extension since the form was first started.

33 minutes ago, Felt 35 said:

Hua Hin for one and have stated that they never  will as it's not immigration law.

11 minutes ago, HHTel said:

Hua Hin for one and have stated that they never  will as it's not immigration law.

I dont think the "its not immigration law" argument means much. I think immigration law would be quiet general and would certainly include a statement about providing any information as they see fit.

3 hours ago, Felt 35 said:

In July when I renewed my retirement extension at Nakhon Sawan the lady at the office said just sign the form and dont bother filling it in so I did. No comebacks so far. They didnt think it was either necessary or important.

On 19/11/2016 at 1:26 PM, wgdanson said:

The British one also has an embossed seal..............but I bet they will want a copy of it.

I always scan my letter from the Embassy as at Nakhon Sawan they keep the original.

I suppose that it is possible to get an embossing stamp made and then forge a letter but it seems like a lot of hard work to me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, billd766 said:

It seems odd to me that you are always complaining about Immigration in Thailand but you seem to have taken your own advice and gone back to your own country.

In the many years that I have been getting visas and extensions here in Thailand where I DO live I dont seem to have a problem. From what I have seen and read the greater majority of posters dont seem to have a problem either.

You are joking I think , but up to you just look on here how many complaining about it ok .

yes I would never ever want to live here just come and go now but that is up to me .

You think I am the only one to complain you are very wrong not just me , you can think what you want I am saying what I have been told by my friends that live here .

So what if you live here , I not care but I am  allowed to get on a  public forum and say how I feel like you are .

the visa to live here is just a big joke , you are like a  criminal and you are a alien  are you not , according to  immigration .

so if you want to put up with the bs to live up to you , I not care , but I can have my say why I will not put up with that bs to live here .

like you can have your say .

9 minutes ago, georgemandm said:

You are joking I think , but up to you just look on here how many complaining about it ok .

yes I would never ever want to live here just come and go now but that is up to me .

You think I am the only one to complain you are very wrong not just me , you can think what you want I am saying what I have been told by my friends that live here .

So what if you live here , I not care but I am  allowed to get on a  public forum and say how I feel like you are .

the visa to live here is just a big joke , you are like a  criminal and you are a alien  are you not , according to  immigration .

so if you want to put up with the bs to live up to you , I not care , but I can have my say why I will not put up with that bs to live here .

But, of course, the major roadblocks which your home country no doubt places in the way of Thais wishing to make even a short visit - let alone live - there are, on the other hand, thoroughly justified, are they not?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, OJAS said:

But, of course, the major roadblocks which your home country no doubt places in the way of Thais wishing to make even a short visit - let alone live - there are, on the other hand, thoroughly justified, are they not?

Do you understand how it works in Australia, no you have no idea ok .

the roadblocks are very good as far as I am concerned, great idea,stops the  criminals going to Australia now not like in the past.

i have had 4  tourist visas in the last 16 months no problems.

paper work in now  for the partner visa, great idea to make it hard no problems.

but you forget if the visa is granted to live full time in Australia at less you can work get good money buy a home own land and have a great super fund, more then you get here .

25 minutes ago, OJAS said:

Yes they are , do understand how it works no .

and one more thing why we have roadblocks as you say , is because of  human trafficking . 

You not have a  clue , I think , what happens a lot is man take the Thais back , mostly woman and get them to work as  prostitutes and work in restaurant, picking fruit, do I have to go on and on .

one Aussie who I no let's his thai cook food then she go sell it at the maket through a friend and all those women are on  tourist vias .

i give you one more , a bloke took the hooker back to Australia as long as he could have sex with her and in the middle of the week she would go work in a  massage , get the man off and made $40,000 in 3 months, then takes all that money out of the country with out pay any tax , now do you understand why we have roadblocks as you say .

I don;t know about that but I do now that in 2011 I was asked at CW for my house street map (hand drawn) with a telephone number on the back and also with it they would llike a photo of the outside of the house witn me and my Tthai girlfriend outside showing the house number.

That was for reirement, and it seemed unusual to me them.

I was never aked for that again in 2012, or 2013.

May have been sometning to do with it being my first extension (retirement) application.

2 hours ago, georgemandm said:

Do you understand how it works in Australia, no you have no idea ok .

the roadblocks are very good as far as I am concerned, great idea,stops the  criminals going to Australia now not like in the past.

i have had 4  tourist visas in the last 16 months no problems.

paper work in now  for the partner visa, great idea to make it hard no problems.

but you forget if the visa is granted to live full time in Australia at less you can work get good money buy a home own land and have a great super fund, more then you get here .

2 hours ago, georgemandm said:

Yes they are , do understand how it works no .

and one more thing why we have roadblocks as you say , is because of  human trafficking . 

You not have a  clue , I think , what happens a lot is man take the Thais back , mostly woman and get them to work as  prostitutes and work in restaurant, picking fruit, do I have to go on and on .

one Aussie who I no let's his thai cook food then she go sell it at the maket through a friend and all those women are on  tourist vias .

i give you one more , a bloke took the hooker back to Australia as long as he could have sex with her and in the middle of the week she would go work in a  massage , get the man off and made $40,000 in 3 months, then takes all that money out of the country with out pay any tax , now do you understand why we have roadblocks as you say .

Well, I do know that, in order merely to visit Australia, a Thai national is expected to complete the following form:-

https://www.border.gov.au/Forms/Documents/1419.pdf

So why are you  complaining about having to fill out a 3-page Foreign National Information form for Thai Immigration, whereas you appear to consider it perfectly acceptable, on the other hand, for Australian Immigration to require Thai nationals to provide what I consider to be far more detailed personal information in completing a 17-page visa application form?

Is not Thailand as equally entitled as Australia to adopt immigration measures aimed at  keeping foreign criminals and human traffickers out of the country? If your answer to this question is "no" (as appears to be the case from your comments), then the only conclusion which I can draw is that you have no hesitation in applying hypocritical double standards in your judgement of Thailand's immigration policies against Australia's.

Edited by OJAS
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, OJAS said:

Well, I do know that, in order merely to visit Australia, a Thai national is expected to complete the following form:-

https://www.border.gov.au/Forms/Documents/1419.pdf

So why are you  complaining about having to fill out a 3-page Foreign National Information form for Thai Immigration, whereas you appear to consider it perfectly acceptable, on the other hand, for Australian Immigration to require Thai nationals to provide what I consider to be far more detailed personal information in completing a 17-page visa application form?

Is not Thailand as equally entitled as Australia to adopt immigration measures aimed at  keeping foreign criminals and human traffickers out of the country? If your answer to this question is "no" (as appears to be the case from your comments), then the only conclusion which I can draw is that you have no hesitation in applying hypocritical double standards in your judgement of Thailand's immigration policies against Australia's.

Am I complaining about having to fill it out forms no , were did I say I was complaining.

i am saying it is a joke the way you have to do all the bs like photos in front of home , home  visits .

and if you do the visa  retirement Visa for thailand from Australia witch you have to now , it is not 3 pages ok .

i did the right way do you ? .

with  police checks and them looking at all my money in my bank and how much I earn by looking at  statements .

not just  state  declaration on my income .

And a medical check from my doctor.

you tell me how many  criminals are now living in thailand? . 

You not understand I am not having at the way you get the thai visa , it is there bs  once you have it , did I say I am complaining about fill out forms and it is not 3 pages to start with .

but I can't own land I can't work I can't have a say in the way the country is run , not like in Australia is it .

i don't have a problem with how thai  national's have to get a visa to get in to Australia the same as I don't have a problem with the way I have to do the visa to get to live in thailand.

you can't  compare thailand with Australia when it comes to trying to live in both countries, because not a lot of people want to come to thailand to make a new life and live here , most are man with thai lady's . 

I said it before and say it again; why do they not adopt the visa system to USA, AUS or Europe is beyond me. (Unless of course there are a lot of backhands in this business:shock1:??) No place can check us out better than the Thai Embassies in our respective countries and from there we should get our visa for both long or short stays, retirement and work.

21 minutes ago, Felt 35 said:

I said it before and say it again; why do they not adopt the visa system to USA, AUS or Europe is beyond me. (Unless of course there are a lot of backhands in this business:shock1:??) No place can check us out better than the Thai Embassies in our respective countries and from there we should get our visa for both long or short stays, retirement and work.

Yes

Very true like I had to go home to Australia and do my visa with  police check from Australia.

i am not a  criminal like lots here who got there visa 2 years ago .

it has all changed now for the good.

7 hours ago, georgemandm said:

Firstly I am not joking. I know that quite a few people are complaining about it but they seem to be in the minority on Thai Visa and also seem to be the ones who complain about everything that is Thai.

I started coming to Thailand 23 years ago on business and finally moved over here in 2001having lived and worked here for 4 years before that.

Of course this is a public forum and you are allowed to say what you like provided that you follow TVF rules but that applies to everyone here including me. I responded to your post and I read the majority of your posts that are on the threads that I read.

The visa to live in Thailand is NOT a big joke and if you can stay within the Immigration rules it is a simple matter to renew you extension every time. I and many other people like me have no problems renewing our extensions, be it married or retired.

In the 23 years of visiting and living in Thailand I have never felt that I am treated like a criminal so why would you? Yes I am an alien in Thailand but do you know the meaning of the term?

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/alien

adjective

1Belonging to a foreign country:

‘an alien culture’

noun

A foreigner, especially one who is not a naturalized citizen of the country where he or she is living:

So if you are in Australia and you are NOT a natural born Australian or naturalised then you are in fact an alien.

I dont find that there is a problem with any BS to do with living here but obviously you did.

Good luck with living in Australia but personally I much prefer to live here in Thailand with my Thai family.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Firstly I am not joking. I know that quite a few people are complaining about it but they seem to be in the minority on Thai Visa and also seem to be the ones who complain about everything that is Thai.

I started coming to Thailand 23 years ago on business and finally moved over here in 2001having lived and worked here for 4 years before that.

Of course this is a public forum and you are allowed to say what you like provided that you follow TVF rules but that applies to everyone here including me. I responded to your post and I read the majority of your posts that are on the threads that I read.

The visa to live in Thailand is NOT a big joke and if you can stay within the Immigration rules it is a simple matter to renew you extension every time. I and many other people like me have no problems renewing our extensions, be it married or retired.

In the 23 years of visiting and living in Thailand I have never felt that I am treated like a criminal so why would you? Yes I am an alien in Thailand but do you know the meaning of the term?

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/alien

adjective

1Belonging to a foreign country:

‘an alien culture’

noun

A foreigner, especially one who is not a naturalized citizen of the country where he or she is living:

So if you are in Australia and you are NOT a natural born Australian or naturalised then you are in fact an alien.

I dont find that there is a problem with any BS to do with living here but obviously you did.

Good luck with living in Australia but personally I much prefer to live here in Thailand with my Thai family.

If you called someone in Australia a alien there would be hell to pay we just don't  treat  immigrants like the  thai immigration does .

report every 90 days is not like being  on parole , I see like that , you see as you like .

up to you if you prefer thailand, I am not having ago at you , just the things you have to do to stay here as you tell me 23 years up to you , tohavd to go and report to the thai government ,  dose not happen in Australia like that at all , you would have been a  citizens OF Australia by now with all the  benefits that go with , But that is your life and good on you .

you are not called a alien in Australia you can say what you want on here ok but we call people  immigrants not aliens .

then if you become a  Australian  naturalised you are like me Australian .

As I have said I can't put up with all the bs to live here so I will do as I am now coming and going and I would think more going then coming.

i look up to you having to live here for all those 23 years I would have no hop .

thailand is not for everyone like me and lots more who try it out .

but people like you like It here .

13 hours ago, georgemandm said:

If you called someone in Australia a alien there would be hell to pay we just don't  treat  immigrants like the  thai immigration does .

report every 90 days is not like being  on parole , I see like that , you see as you like .

up to you if you prefer thailand, I am not having ago at you , just the things you have to do to stay here as you tell me 23 years up to you , tohavd to go and report to the thai government ,  dose not happen in Australia like that at all , you would have been a  citizens OF Australia by now with all the  benefits that go with , But that is your life and good on you .

you are not called a alien in Australia you can say what you want on here ok but we call people  immigrants not aliens .

then if you become a  Australian  naturalised you are like me Australian .

As I have said I can't put up with all the bs to live here so I will do as I am now coming and going and I would think more going then coming.

i look up to you having to live here for all those 23 years I would have no hop .

thailand is not for everyone like me and lots more who try it out .

but people like you like It here .

But I have no interest in living in Australia and at 72 the benefits are minimal to me. There is also the question of my Thai wife and dual nationality son to consider. I am not even sure that Australia would even accept me at my age.

I find that there is NO bullshit in complying with Thai Immigration rules. I can do a 90 day report on line or by post and there is a new Immigration office opening 65 km away in Khampaeng Phet where I go at least once a month anyway.

It is true that Thailand is not for everyone but for me it is the best place I have lived in during my 72 years and 38 different countries. I live in rural Thailand very comfortably with a reasonable house, plenty of land, a great wife and family.

5 minutes ago, billd766 said:

But I have no interest in living in Australia and at 72 the benefits are minimal to me. There is also the question of my Thai wife and dual nationality son to consider. I am not even sure that Australia would even accept me at my age.

I find that there is NO bullshit in complying with Thai Immigration rules. I can do a 90 day report on line or by post and there is a new Immigration office opening 65 km away in Khampaeng Phet where I go at least once a month anyway.

It is true that Thailand is not for everyone but for me it is the best place I have lived in during my 72 years and 38 different countries. I live in rural Thailand very comfortably with a reasonable house, plenty of land, a great wife and family.

Ok happy for you 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

UPDATE
Here is the update to my original post.
I went to Nong Khai immigration (21/12/2016) for my annual visa extension (retirement).
I took the extra documents I was asked to provide on a sheet of paper the io gave me (photos, map)
During the process I was asked for my a copy of my wifes ID card and her Tabian baan (which I did not have (not on the sheet given to me in November).
I stated I did not have a landlord as I owned the house,(I said I know I cannot own land but can own the house) to which he replied you cannot own house I AM THAI PEOPLE, YOU ARE FOREIGNER. I asked him when this rule came into force, he said six months ago (Liar liar a*se on fire) I was there a month before and it was not on the sheet he gave me.
He then showed me someones application who had already done this (wifes ID).

As it is one hour away to my home I had to return the next day with the documents. The next day some one in front of me was doing his application and the io said look he has his wifes ID.
Ok, so.. its not the taking of the extra documents but the fact that when you turn up with all the things already asked for, the io can ask for something else (no lead in time for the changes).
I spoke to other people (farangs) at the Nong Khai immigration centre and they all said the same, this new guy is causing a lot of problems.
I also had to fill in another form (like the TM7 ) and a form (in Thai) saying that I was told about the new overstay rules (I had to ask the io what the form was as I don't read Thai).

Merry Christmas to all [emoji268][emoji268][emoji268]

Here's my 2p on the parity/Goalposts front:

I (16 trouble free years years here) was sent home like a naughty schoolboy to retrieve 'book bank' despite having printouts dated that morning in my possession; and was scolded again by a woman half my age for redacting the account number upon my return; indeed they wouldn't accept redacted paperwork full stop.

A visa for my wife on the other hand sailed through without question, having been prepared in the same meticulous fashion before being submitted to UK ECO via their normal channels for her first visit to UK in more than a decade.

To me this smacks of  Power (Uniform, Shiney  boots, Unearned Wings & Medal Ribbons);  Incompetence/No clear guidelines and in some cases a decree of racism.

Edited by evadgib

Here's my 2p on the parity/Goalposts front:

I (16 trouble free years years here) was sent home like a naughty schoolboy to retrieve 'book bank' despite having printouts dated that morning in my possession; and was scolded again by a woman half my age for redacting the account number upon my return; indeed they wouldn't accept redacted paperwork full stop.

A visa for my wife on the other hand sailed through without question, having been prepared in the same meticulous fashion before being submitted to UK ECO via their normal channels for her first visit to UK in more than a decade.

To me this smacks of  Power (Uniform, Shiney  boots, Unearned Wings & Medal Ribbons);  Incompetence/No clear guidelines and in some cases a decree of racism.

I agree [emoji106]