New Honda Rebel 300 & 500

mikebike

On 2/20/2017 at 7:48 AM, Ken said:

Just bought this yesterday in Korat. 159,500 Baht.  Yes this is the 300 cc.  The 500 is a twin cylinder and would have two exhausts coming from the engine.

I think is nice looking and wish you the best...Have fun,,

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 16.3.2017 at 1:06 AM, Ken said:

Just completed a 1 week trip, 1650 km.  From my home outside of Korat to Khon Kaen for 1 night.  Went to American Embassy outreach next morning for Notary letter.  Then down to Pattaya for 2 nights to see a visiting friend.  Then to Chaiyaphum for 1 night.  Then on to Nong Khai for 2 nights.  Then home.  

Was great ride and very comfortable.  General road speed was 110 to 120 on the highways.

They put the turn signal switch on the bottom and the horn switch above that.  Just the opposite of my Honda Phantom.  This takes some getting used to.

Overall, quite happy with the bike and the ride.

Image may contain: people sitting and motorcycle

How is the fuel consumption on this Rebel 300? How many Km did you normally get on one tank? 

8 hours ago, Namplik said:

How is the fuel consumption on this Rebel 300? How many Km did you normally get on one tank? 

The fuel light level starts blinking at around 270 km.  At that point it has used a little over 8 liters (with about 3 liters left in the 11 liter tank).  I usually filled up at around 300 km.  My calculations came out at about 33 km to the liter.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, thaiguzzi said:

Absolutely hideous. Drove past one of the local small Honda dealers in town the other day. He had it on display at the front. Even more disgusting in the flesh than on these pictures. Jesus H. Christ, Honda really shot themselves in the foot in the design dept with this one. Not that i've ever been a fan of Corporate Big H anyway. I doubt they'll sell many in Europe or any in the States.

Every branch of the fugly tree was invented for stuff like this.

IF my missus wanted one (and she don't - she's got taste) i would'nt let her buy one. Too embarrassing...

Ugliest bike of the 21st century? I think so...

...but how do you really feel...?

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Namplik said:

What a hideous comment...

Er, why?

You obviously like them, even own own. I don't. My personal opinion, ya know IMO, IMHO etc.

And i stand by my comment, it is a hideous motorcycle. One of the ugliest stock factory creations to come out in a long time. And the Japanese have done a few awful "custom" bikes over the decades.

Just waiting for the first guy to buy one, turn it into a "bobber", rip the mudguards off, put exhaust wrapping on the pipes, and spray it matt black... Won't be long...

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
37 minutes ago, mikebike said:

My understanding from the Honda websites is that the 300 is available at all official Honda scooter dealers and the 500 at at Honda Big Wing dealers.

That should be correct. Hondas general policy in Thailand is that bikes up to the 300 series are sold by any small dealer and bikes from the 500 series and up are sold only at Bigwing branches. This imho is a pretty good strategy.

On 4/26/2017 at 11:09 AM, eisfeld said:

That should be correct. Hondas general policy in Thailand is that bikes up to the 300 series are sold by any small dealer and bikes from the 500 series and up are sold only at Bigwing branches. This imho is a pretty good strategy.

Yep,

Rebel 500 available on honda bigwing thailand website, priced at 220,000 THB.

http://www.hondabigbike.com/en/hondabigbike-product-rebel.ashx

Seems that the engine was slightly "tuned" compared to the CB500F :

• 2017 Rebel 500 Horsepower – 45 HP @ 8,500 rpm
  • 2017 Rebel 500 Torque – 32.9 ft/lb TQ @ 6,000 rpm

• 2017 CB500F Max. Power Output    49.6 HP (35kW) @ 8500rpm
  • 2017 CB500F Max. Torque    31.7 lb/ft TQ (43Nm) @ 7000rpm

So year, better torque at lower RPM, nice for cruising, but still a crappy engine ;) 

2 hours ago, Sure said:

I haven't found a good Honda mechanic in the normal dealers. Do Honda Big Wing service Honda's that they didn't sell?

Nope. They will refer you to a dealer that sells these bikes. It doesn't have to be a bike that this specific Bigwing dealer sold you. Just has to be from the 500 series and up.

Their mechanics are trained in these bikes, they have the parts and they have the documentation. You can't turn up with your Wave and expect them to have parts for and knowledge of that bike.