The anti-Trump resistance takes shape: 'Government's supposed to fear us'

webfact

2 hours ago, funandsuninbangkok said:

Well if you understood the market you would know it react not on Inauguration Day but when it becomes clear who will lead. 

Obama takes lead in polls in fall 2007 Market collapses 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_bear_market_of_2007–09

Trump wins election unexpectedly markets boom

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2017/05/after-comparison-of-first-4-months-in-office-president-trumps-economy-thumps-president-obamas/

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Correlation does not prove causation, especially in this case.  Is this concept beyond you? 

The over-leveraged, clueless, "this time it's different" trading strategies that lead major banks and insurance companies to invest far more money than they had available caused the crash.  The crash led to the Republicans being trounced by a political novice. 

However if you stick with correlation proves causation, then you can explain how a rooster crowing causes the sun to rise.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congress baseball gunman was a Trump-hating Bernie supporter

The gunman who opened fire on a Republican congressional baseball practice session this morning before being killed by cops has been identified as a Trump-hating Bernie Sanders supporter. 

Sixty-six-year-old James T. Hodgkinson from Belleville, Illinois, was killed by Capitol Police after firing up to 100 rounds from an assault rifle at a baseball park in Alexandria, Virginia, leaving five injured including House Majority Leader Steve Scalise.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4604130/Steve-Scalise-baseball-gunman-James-T-Hodgkinson-pictured.html

Yes, that's a news item that I'm sure the site will soon be opening a dedicated thread about.

There are violent crazies of different political stripes.

Yet another gun violence incident that should RATIONALLY reopen a sane GUN CONTROL debate that leads to real gun control reform, but of course, won't. 

I see that Donald trump Jr. has tried (outrageously) to link this violent event to the artistic interpretation of a Shakespeare play in New York. Typical of the right wing reactionary, anti-intellectual types that don't have the first clue about what theater is supposed to be. 

Edited by Jingthing

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

Yes, that's a news item that I'm sure the site will soon be opening a dedicated thread about.

Seeing as though this site is dedicated to Trump bashing, I wouldn't hold my breath.

Just now, Crowes said:

Seeing as though this site is dedicated to Trump bashing, I wouldn't hold my breath.

You're being silly. It's a major news item.To cover it is not pro or anti-trump. I do see, DISGUSTINGLY, that the trumpists are already trying to exploit it to try to repress free speech and artistic expression. Such idiocy must be resisted! 

6 minutes ago, Crowes said:

Congress baseball gunman was a Trump-hating Bernie supporter

The gunman who opened fire on a Republican congressional baseball practice session this morning before being killed by cops has been identified as a Trump-hating Bernie Sanders supporter. 

Sixty-six-year-old James T. Hodgkinson from Belleville, Illinois, was killed by Capitol Police after firing up to 100 rounds from an assault rifle at a baseball park in Alexandria, Virginia, leaving five injured including House Majority Leader Steve Scalise.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4604130/Steve-Scalise-baseball-gunman-James-T-Hodgkinson-pictured.html

Yes, Sandes does bear responsibility for this,

Bernie Sanders is a liberal standard-bearer on nearly every single policy issue, from climate change to taxation to financial regulation. But there’s one notable exception – guns.

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/06/bernie-sanders-awkward-history-with-guns-in-america-119185

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

There are violent crazies of different political stripes.

Yet another gun violence incident that should RATIONALLY reopen a sane GUN CONTROL debate that leads to real gun control reform, but of course, won't. 

I see that Donald trump Jr. has tried (outrageously) to link this violent event to the artistic interpretation of a Shakespeare play in New York. Typical of the right wing reactionary, anti-intellectual types that don't have the first clue about what theater is supposed to be. 

Nah...he was not a terrorist and didn't use a truck and knives so all's good...carry on shooting. 

7 hours ago, opalred said:

i know they are slowly wading through his lies to get to the truth i was in developing in real estate most of my life and the big world crash  in property market affected everyone years  ago which started in the los he was going broke /and no banks would lend him money so the Putin and his mafia mob propped him up to the point they own his company's now same as his daughter and son in law borrowed to save there own businesses now he is frighten that will be exposed/ as some of the money which was coming/ while it was banned to do deals with Russia  how long will it take before  exposed/ when most know about it

Can't find the links now,  but there was a great article on how Trump sold his Florida property at a record price. Russian involvement, off shore companies. Dodgy to the core.

Again, amazing people support someone like that. Especially after supporting the "lock her up" BS due to supposedly the same type of stuff.

14 minutes ago, craigt3365 said:

Can't find the links now,  but there was a great article on how Trump sold his Florida property at a record price. Russian involvement, off shore companies. Dodgy to the core.

Again, amazing people support someone like that. Especially after supporting the "lock her up" BS due to supposedly the same type of stuff.

http://money.cnn.com/2016/07/27/news/donald-trump-russian-deal-mansion/index.html

http://www.seattletimes.com/nation-world/why-did-a-russian-pay-95m-to-buy-trumps-palm-beach-mansion/

14 hours ago, Chou Anou said:

The beginning of the end!  Where have we heard that before?   LOL

Edited by mesquite

1 hour ago, mesquite said:

This offers a great description of the "resistance"

THE ‘RESISTANCE' GOES LIVE-FIRE

http://www.anncoulter.com/columns/2017-06-14.html

You must be one of the first people I can remember on TV to have the balls to link to Ann Coulter, not only that but to her actual own website. Are you one of these Rep's that dream of her in a Nazi uniform with thigh length black boots and a whip? What I love about her is the service she and others like her provide to humanity. Within her synapse challenged body God has put so much hate and bigotry that there was not enough to go around the next one thousand people. One very bad hateful person like Coulter means 1000 very nice people. She serves a purpose I guess.

And no I did not/would not click on your link.

1 hour ago, mesquite said:

This offers a great description of the "resistance" THE ‘RESISTANCE' GOES LIVE-FIRE

http://www.anncoulter.com/columns/2017-06-14.html

I held my nose and did read the first part of Coulter's rant.  Here's an excerpt:

"The media are orchestrating a bloodless coup, but they're perfectly content to have their low-IQ shock troops pursue a bloody coup.  This week, one of the left's foot soldiers gunned down Republican members of Congress and their staff while they were playing baseball in Virginia."

Boomer continues; The sad part (besides innocent people getting gunned down) is Trump fans will lap it up - as they're wont to do.   They're so gullible and easily riled up.       

Note:  I watched several talk show hosts (they're all left-of-center politically) open their nightly monologues with heartfelt sympathy for the shooting victims - with no jokes.

On 6/14/2017 at 3:10 PM, Jingthing said:

Trump is a symptom, not a cause.

Breaking news ...

BREAKING: Special counsel is investigating Trump for possible obstruction of justice, officials say

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/special-counsel-is-investigating-trump-for-possible-obstruction-of-justice/2017/06/14/9ce02506-5131-11e7-b064-828ba60fbb98_story.html

Mueller will have to recuse now.

Regardless of what Trump does, the GOP controlled Congress won't impeach him.  They and their puppet masters are waiting for an historically, record setting transfer of wealth with Trump's "budget" that will revamp the tax code in favor of themselves.  They are calculating that any fallout from the gutting of health care and the disaster that is about to ensue with the budget can be overcome by their smear machine to discredit any Democrat in 2018.  It worked in 2016.

Edited by EvenSteven

Trump is a symptom, not a cause.

Absolutely right.

And the cause is the filth from right wing fake media starting with shock jocks like talk radio Howard Stern ( remember those fun interviews with that regular Donald discussing anal sex? ) moving onto present day social media.

It all starts with you. Are you going to be an <deleted> like Stern and the Donald?

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

13 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Could really be BOTH.

A malaise may have elected him but he's throwing oil on the fire. 

Still wouldn't be a cause, more like a catalyst for preexisting  conditions.

3 hours ago, RobFord said:

Absolutely right.

And the cause is the filth from right wing fake media starting with shock jocks like talk radio Howard Stern ( remember those fun interviews with that regular Donald discussing anal sex? ) moving onto present day social media.

It all starts with you. Are you going to be an <deleted> like Stern and the Donald?

That might be your own take, not mine.

If anything, the post above exemplifies my point. The American public seems to have more and more trouble discussing anything in a rational manner, without resorting to extreme partisan position. And that cuts both ways. There could also be choice words said about cultural changes making it possible for such a caricature of  person such as Trump to be seen as a viable candidate, never mind a President. Goes a ways beyond the political divide, though, so guess it's outside the scope of this sandbox topic.

I dunno if the last line was intended as general or personal. If the latter, you're outta line and off mark. If the former, still off mark.

4 hours ago, RobFord said:

Absolutely right.

No.

Trump's rise was due to the vacuum caused by the Left. People were getting sick and tired of being called a racist, sexist, xenophobe, homophobe, transphobe, islamaphobe, arachnophobe or nazi just for holding moderate conservative values and opinions or just for stating facts. Let's also not forget to take into account economic issues. Additionally, a lot of us saw the smoking gun evidence of failed leftist policies overseas, especially in Western European canary in the coal mine countries. So, you're way off base there mate.

With all due respect, I would strongly suggest you go out and talk to some people who voted for Trump and get their stories first hand, it'll give you some much needed perspective.

I remember when I first took an interest in the elections, sometime in 2015. I was very much still a liberal, at one point I was even considering voting for Bernie. But once I was being demonized for holding centrist views or stating simple facts as a liberal, I began considering voting for Trump just to spite the Left. Eventually I really took a liking to Trump because he stood up to all these people.

Essentially, the social justice Left turned me from a huge liberal to a conservative over the course of a couple years and with such poor timing on their part! And I'm not the only one, you can find thousands of people sharing similar stories like this.