90 day at Phuket immigration today

phuketjock

Arrived about 0930 the french embassy volunteer, joke if you have not read my previous posts, was

my guide and instantly ditched my completed foreign national form with a not required and same

with my retirement ext, and departure card copies. Copy of Picture page of Passport, Passport and

last 90 day, which is of course in my passport all that is required he informed me, with the usual

qualifier..........THIS TIME.    Who knows????????????????  

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, phuketjock said:

Arrived about 0930 the french embassy volunteer, joke if you have not read my previous posts, was

my guide and instantly ditched my completed foreign national form with a not required and same

with my retirement ext, and departure card copies. Copy of Picture page of Passport, Passport and

last 90 day, which is of course in my passport all that is required he informed me, with the usual

qualifier..........THIS TIME.    Who knows????????????????  

Looks like they've gone back to the old ways.

- except we didn't need the passport copies then.  rolleyes.gif

Foreign information paper is not required anymore for most immigration activities.

Indeed only a copy of the passport information page is required these days for the 90 day reporting. (this is already in place for about 6 months)

11 hours ago, merijn said:

Foreign information paper is not required anymore for most immigration activities.

Indeed only a copy of the passport information page is required these days for the 90 day reporting. (this is already in place for about 6 months)

Nonsense the reason I had the copies I did is because they were required my last 90 day, strangely enough 90 days ago, so not anything like 6 months. And right or wrong my post is the first I have seen on the subject of not needing the foreign national form in recent times.

Please don't post your views as fact when they are clearly not!!!!

Edited by phuketjock
format corrections
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, phuketjock said:

Nonsense the reason I had the copies I did is because they were required my last 90 day, strangely enough 90 days ago, so not anything like 6 months. And right or wrong my post is the first I have seen on the subject of not needing the foreign national form in recent times.

Please don't post your views as fact when they are clearly not!!!!

Maybe it's different at Phuket immigration office, but when I redid my 90 day report at Patong, I took along, copies of just about everything (as one learns to do here) however they were not needed and all he took were my passport and a copy of the passport page and I was in and out within five minutes or so.

Actually, Merijn has helped me out before on similar, so I don't think he would purposely try to mislead anybody.

2 hours ago, Old Croc said:

My last 90 dayer was near the end of October.

Phuket office took all the paperwork including a Foreigners Inquisition Form.

Seems like I was lucky at Patong then and mine was mid October. As we know these folk will chop and change things esp if they think they can earn a few baht!!

On 11/23/2016 at 9:05 AM, xylophone said:

Maybe it's different at Phuket immigration office, but when I redid my 90 day report at Patong, I took along, copies of just about everything (as one learns to do here) however they were not needed and all he took were my passport and a copy of the passport page and I was in and out within five minutes or so.

Actually, Merijn has helped me out before on similar, so I don't think he would purposely try to mislead anybody.

Like with so many things one day it is required the other day/officer not anymore.

I only can give the information which is past on from the officer.

It was reported before that for most activities the foreign information form was not required anymore in Phuket town office.

For how long and if in every case nobody knows.

If you are unlucky they can ask for everything. (best to keep everything with you just in case)

• Like 2

Just a few minutes ago I made my on-line  90 day report from the comfort of my home. Accepted, pending, and I expect confirmation in the next few hours. How easy can it get. I only wish my annual extension could be made on-line.  That's next month annual challenge, I need to crank up duplicate copies of everything possible. 

Edited by LivinginKata
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, LivinginKata said:

Just a few minutes ago I made my on-line  90 day report from the comfort of my home. Accepted, pending, and I expect confirmation in the next few hours. How easy can it get. I only wish my annual extension could be made on-line.  That's next month annual challenge, I need to crank up duplicate copies of everything possible. 

You are lucky you can do online 90 days many of us cannot.

I last entered the Kingdom in Jan 2011 and have not been able to do online reporting

or find out exactly WHY I cannot??, despite making numerous and lengthy enquiries

to the immigration authorities. 

4 hours ago, merijn said:

Like with so many things one day it is required the other day/officer not anymore.

I only can give the information which is past on from the officer.

It was reported before that for most activities the foreign information form was not required anymore in Phuket town office.

For how long and if in every case nobody knows.

If you are unlucky they can ask for everything. (best to keep everything with you just in case)

As I previously said please don't quote your views or secondhand info as fact when 

it clearly is not. Check that what you are claiming is true, not rumour or hearsay.

"It was reported" doesn't make it factual.

The experienced visitor to immigration does keep everything with them, including me,

but you are misleading people when you claim fact from rumour and secondhand 

reports. 

If you are not absolutely sure that the info you are posting is true please don't post it.

Edited by phuketjock

As I previously said please don't quote your views or secondhand info as fact when 
it clearly is not. Check that what you are claiming is true, not rumour or hearsay.
"It was reported" doesn't make it factual.
The experienced visitor to immigration does keep everything with them, including me,
but you are misleading people when you claim fact from rumour and secondhand 
reports. 
If you are not absolutely sure that the info you are posting is true please don't post it.

You won't get more first hand information than from Merijn.

Sent from my ROBBY using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

1 hour ago, stevenl said:

You won't get more first hand information than from Merijn.

Merjin's so called first hand info stated that there has been no requirement for the 

Foreign National information form for 90 day reports for the last six months, first

hand or not that is totally incorrect, as experienced by myself and others, being first

hand info or not it is useless info nevertheless if it is not factual and in this case it

was not factual. 

3 hours ago, merijn said:

Believe me if i say that i don't quote rumors or secondhand information.

I get the immigration information firsthand from the officers (Phuket immigration office) directly.

But this does not mean that some of the officers change their mind or procedures soon after. 

Like i sad it can change very fast.

You appear to be missing the point you can quote all the officers at Phuket office that you like 

but what you stated was just not true, on my previous 90 day to this one, about three months

ago, not six the duty volunteer told me the fnf was required and this time he told me it was not

required. At least one other poster has told us that he had to fill in the fnf just last month.

So you may well be telling us what the officers are telling you but you are not checking what is 

really actually happening before you post your incorrect info.

So your info is misleading people, have you got that now???

5 hours ago, phuketjock said:

You are lucky you can do online 90 days many of us cannot.

I last entered the Kingdom in Jan 2011 and have not been able to do online reporting

or find out exactly WHY I cannot??, despite making numerous and lengthy enquiries

to the immigration authorities. 

Yes, in any "normal" (whoops!) country, you'd have thought they could update the "system" with whatever data is missing so that you could do a 90-day report online once you tell them that there is a problem.

TiT.

• Like 2

On 11/22/2016 at 0:55 PM, LivinginKata said:

Exectly correct. I always carry in my bag copies of everything I can think off.  I smile when I am asked for something unusual and I pull copies out of my bag. The officer looks crestfallen and tries to maintain his face.

LivinginKata at the immigration. This is how it's done. :)

Merjin's so called first hand info stated that there has been no requirement for the 
Foreign National information form for 90 day reports for the last six months, first
hand or not that is totally incorrect, as experienced by myself and others, being first
hand info or not it is useless info nevertheless if it is not factual and in this case it
was not factual. 

We all make our choices. I do know I prefer Merijn's daily experience over your one time experience.

4 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

Merijn has on the spot advice that has helped members here more than once in the past.

However, he , and most posters here, are aware that we are dealing with unsupervised children who can hinder, obstruct and bully their clients on a whim.

Until the Department becomes more professional, issues clear, common, guidelines for all Immigration Offices to follow, and curbs individuals who feel the need to harass visa holders, we can never be sure what hoops await us when we next visit our local torture chamber. 

Very well written.  And so true.  I visit the 'torture chamber' next month. 

6 hours ago, KarenBravo said:

First attempt at online reporting - Failure, went to immigration office.

Second attempt at online reporting - Success!

Third attempt at online reporting (Jan17) - ????

No foreign travel between each.

I don't know / can't remember the flight number I arrived on.

It was a long time ago ( >10 years).

I wonder if they have me in their system and could tell me? facepalm.gif

47 minutes ago, JetsetBkk said:

I don't know / can't remember the flight number I arrived on.

It was a long time ago ( >10 years).

I wonder if they have me in their system and could tell me? facepalm.gif

Interesting question.  You could try asking at immigration.  In person might be better than by phone as you could establish who you are by showing your passport.

Another couple of possibilities:

1) I have noticed that on occasion the Immigration Officer will actually write the number of the arriving flight near the entry stamp in my passport.  If you have your old passport you might check it on the off-chance that the same was done for you.

2) Flight numbers in many cases are remarkably stable things and some haven't changed in years (especially true of long-haul flights).  There's a chance that the flight number you arrived on hasn't changed and is the same one that is used now.  You're old passport might come in handy if you've forgotten when the last time you entered the country is.  If you know the airline you flew on and the arrival and destination airports you could look it up.

For example, I last flew into Phuket a month ago from Kuala Lumpur on Air Asia.  I googled: "air asia flight number kuala lumpur phuket" and it gave me Air Asia Flight 826 which I happen to remember was the right flight number.  I googled: "air asia airline code" and got back "AK".  So my flight was AK 826.  I sort of got lucky as there are multiple flights from KUL to HKT on Air Asia every day so I might have had to look at the current flight schedule on Air Asia's website for the other numbers.  In general, flight numbers for a particular segment flown by an airline will have increasing flight numbers throughout the day.  Doing that I find out there were nine possibilities:  AK 821, AK 822, AK 823, AK 824, AK 825, AK 826, AK 827, AK 828, AK 829 (some are daily flights, some only on certain days, so knowing your arrival date is helpful).  There are a lot of flights between KUL and HKT every day, but there may not be in your case.  

So you sort of have to do some detective work and have a bit of luck on your side, but it is possible to puzzle it out (sometimes).  I also realize that I was searching one month back and not more than ten years back ;-)  In the end you might not be able to narrow it down to more than a few possibilities, but you could in theory try each of those possibilities when you are doing an online report.  If it works, you know you've found the right one.

Final thought:  Airline Flight number may not be one of the crucial fields for getting your online report accepted.  The crucial fields I believe are Last Name, Nationality, Passport Number, and Arrival Card Number.  Note: your Arrival Card Number LLNNNN (L-letter, N-number) will be the same as the one on your Departure Card, which you hopefully still have.

Good luck!

• Like 2

Brilliant!  default_clap2.gif

1 hour ago, skatewash said:

Another couple of possibilities:

1) I have noticed that on occasion the Immigration Officer will actually write the number of the arriving flight near the entry stamp in my passport.  If you have your old passport you might check it on the off-chance that the same was done for you.

2) Flight numbers in many cases are remarkably stable things and some haven't changed in years (especially true of long-haul flights).  There's a chance that the flight number you arrived on hasn't changed and is the same one that is used now.

I flew from Norwich UK to Schiphol to Bkk.  I just looked in my old passport and there is a number next to the stamp: CI066, and b*gger me ('scuse my French), there is a flight with that number from Schiphol to Bkk!

And I remember now it was full of Chinese. So yes, it was China Airways flight 066 w00t.gif .

Final thought:  Airline Flight number may not be one of the crucial fields for getting your online report accepted.  The crucial fields I believe are Last Name, Nationality, Passport Number, and Arrival Card Number.  Note: your Arrival Card Number LLNNNN (L-letter, N-number) will be the same as the one on your Departure Card, which you hopefully still have.

Final thought: I wonder if I should try my original passport number - the one I arrived with?!! I've had a couple since then but maybe they have my old one in this part of their system?

Anyone else had to enter their OLD passport number to make it work?

I shall definitely try this in a couple of weeks - my report date is early Jan.

Thanks a million - I'll let you know if it works! thumbsup.gif 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, JetsetBkk said:

<snip>

Final thought: I wonder if I should try my original passport number - the one I arrived with?!! I've had a couple since then but maybe they have my old one in this part of their system?

Anyone else had to enter their OLD passport number to make it work?

I shall definitely try this in a couple of weeks - my report date is early Jan.

Thanks a million - I'll let you know if it works! thumbsup.gif 

I very much doubt an older passport number could possibly work. But hey this is Thailand.