Phra Dhammachayo arrest to be done by the book: Prawit

rooster59

By THE NATION

317e066d3c61ead753c5837f446426e5.jpeg

DEPUTY Premier General Prawit Wongsuwan expressed confidence yesterday that the planned arrest and legal action against Phra Dhammachayo, the embattled abbot of Wat Dhammakaya, would proceed according to the law.

He spoke after deputy national police chief General Srivara Ransi-brahamakul said the monk had until the end of this month to surrender to authorities. The deadline relates to a fresh arrest warrant involving the World Peace Valley Khao Yai monastic retreat’s alleged encroachment on state-owned land in Nakhon Ratchasima province. 

Full story: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/national/30300854

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2016-11-26

9 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy: You couldn't just make this up,..... no wonder every influential high-so criminal and their spoilt brats in Thai society are lining up for monkhood.......

None of this has or will be done by the book. Like every big case officials and protocol is just made up as they go along. 

But never bash these people for being inept and cowardly bullies. Apparently to some members you're allowed to do whatever ever you like and you should still be respected merely because of your position in the police or government, etc. 

1 hour ago, rkidlad said:

None of this has or will be done by the book. Like every big case officials and protocol is just made up as they go along. 

But never bash these people for being inept and cowardly bullies. Apparently to some members you're allowed to do whatever ever you like and you should still be respected merely because of your position in the police or government, etc. 

Those would be the members who just love "men in uniform", even though they have slipped into "civvies" in order to masquerade as politicians.

They have bought 100% into the myth that the army are the "guardians" of the people and have utterly failed to grasp the fact that, along with all the other factions, the military is only interested in guarding it's own (very full) "rice bowl".

Perhaps the believers had a much loved parent who was in the military (or are ex-military themselves) but have again failed, really failed, to notice the difference between the moral outlook and behaviour of the Thai military and that of Western militaries.    

Perhaps they are just clutching at straws.  Deluding themselves that there is a "solution" to those aspects of social organisation and outlook that are normal for this part of the world but alien to them.  Aspects which, as the comments in these pages so frequently demonstrate, they fail to understand and are incapable of acknowledging as ongoing reality (past, present and future).  Aspects which continue to upset and confuse them. 

If only it could all be "fixed", and then their dream of that life in the sun, that they thought they were going to live, might come true.

Could anyone please explain to me why this months long (face losing) debacle is still dragging on? Is it the fact that he is a "holy" man and untouchable? Or is it due to the fact that many of his "devout followers" are well connected enough to make all of these agencies back-off? We all know how the rest of the worlds authorities would have handled this.

>> Serve warrant

>> Read the accused his rights (should be considered innocent until proven guilty)

>> Book into the nearest jail facility

>> Wait to go before a judge to hear hear the charges, make is plea, determine bail if warranted

>> Schedule a trial date on the court docket case over

>> Go to trial

>> Hear the judge or jury verdict

>> If Not guilty - case over

>> If guilty - await sentencing and determination of fines, court fees, victim fund fees, etc.

All of the above while an investigation and discovery continues

Now all of you arm chair TV lawyers, or wannabees, please do not stand on my head if I omitted some fine print >> item.

I am not a lawyer. Nor do I profess to be.

I am simply pointing out the general sequence of how cases proceed through the legal system. And I know here that it differs immensely. So let me up.

1 minute ago, catinthehat said:

Could anyone please explain to me why this months long (face losing) debacle is still dragging on? Is it the fact that he is a "holy" man and untouchable? Or is it due to the fact that many of his "devout followers" are well connected enough to make all of these agencies back-off? We all know how the rest of the worlds authorities would have handled this.

>> Serve warrant

>> Read the accused his rights (should be considered innocent until proven guilty)

>> Wait to go before a judge to hear hear the charges, make is plea, determine bail if warranted

>> Go to trial

>> If guilty - await sentencing and determination of fines, court fees, victim fund fees, etc.

Now all of you arm chair TV lawyers, or wannabees, please do not stand on my head if I omitted some fine print >> item.

I am simply pointing out the general sequence of how cases proceed through the legal system. And I know here that it differs immensely. So let me up.

"And I know here that it differs immensely. "

You've answered your own question, along with your other observations of "untouchable". But to expand a little -- there is no rhyme nor reason to anything juridical in this country. Apart from the fact that so much interpretation of the law is made up as they go along to suit themselves, there are problems with vagueness and incompleteness of Thai legislation. This creates obfuscation of immense proportions, leaving application of the law in the hands of those with the most power and influence. Just consider, many agencies, government and non-government alike, estimate that at least 50% of the people in prison are innocent -- they've been framed to suit someone's agenda rather than the law.

10 minutes ago, catinthehat said:

>> Serve warrant

>> Go to trial

Book him Danno!

13 minutes ago, Dexlowe said:

"And I know here that it differs immensely. "

You've answered your own question, along with your other observations of "untouchable". But to expand a little -- there is no rhyme nor reason to anything juridical in this country. Apart from the fact that so much interpretation of the law is made up as they go along to suit themselves, there are problems with vagueness and incompleteness of Thai legislation. This creates obfuscation of immense proportions, leaving application of the law in the hands of those with the most power and influence. Just consider, many agencies, government and non-government alike, estimate that at least 50% of the people in prison are innocent -- they've been framed to suit someone's agenda rather than the law.

Remember too Prawit said the police should indeed take action IF HE'S GUILTY so it looks like the BIB have even more authority than we imagined.

If the BIB have to decide on guilt who needs courts ?

6 hours ago, rooster59 said:

DEPUTY Premier General Prawit Wongsuwan expressed confidence yesterday that the planned arrest and legal action against Phra Dhammachayo, the embattled abbot of Wat Dhammakaya, would proceed according to the law.

Really general? according to the law? I sense you are giving us a peek at a failing system. One that transcends rationality, equality and of course something that you often tout democracy. I think by saying "according to the law" we have yet another peek at the junta playbook for the future. Frankly it looks pretty bleak.  

2 hours ago, waldroj said:

"...Phra Dhammachayo arrest to be done by the book..."

Maybe, these recalcitrant monks don't read the same book ???

Dhamma.jpg

Maybe, I don't know about not reading the same book, they just ducked (or skipped the country) when it was thrown.

Surely, they have given the holy man time to scarper by now?  Time now to move in to pretend to arrest him and feign absolute shock that he has flown the nest.  Dont forget to let his followers know the exact day and time that you will be moving in with your 100 men, just in case he needs a bit more time either to leave or to arrange his latest bout of severe illness.  Perhaps that is what they have been hoping for.....that he departs the world and not just his nest, since dead men don't talk. 

I can see the headlines."DSI searched and could not find Dhammachayo. We will continue searching until we arrest him, Prawit". Given the excessive and long pre-warning, he is either gone or securely hidden in the vast compound of the Wat. Plus the fact that he has lots of money that no man can refused. 

23 hours ago, Lupatria said:

Maybe a mix of "the never ending story" and "catch me if you can..."

Not forgetting the Ginger Bread Man -  Run run run as fast as you can, you can't catch me .....

Edited by Artisi