What are you plans for Christmas?

Wilsonandson

15 minutes ago, anotheruser said:

Bit off topic but the people crying about 1,200 Baht for the new ferry being launched in Thailand might be informed the price for a trip of the ferry in Bali is around the same or a little more. 

Paying with baht to catch a ferry in Bali don't sound right.

On 11/27/2016 at 11:30 AM, Wilsonandson said:

Well, I am suprised by the negative replys. Seems everyone hates Christmas apart from a few. Nevermind. I wish I hadn't mentioned it.

But you did :thumbsup: anyhow enjoy your day as you see fit,and don,t forget to leave Santa and his little helpers a couple of bottles of Chang and some mince pies out for them :cheesy:

9 hours ago, anotheruser said:

I am going to Bali over Christmas and New years Eve. Also going to take a speed boat over to the Gili islands. So it will be the holidays in private pool villas for me. 

The lengths that some folks go to just to avoid having the in-laws round :thumbsup:

scrooge :sleepy:

the same thing i do every year

kick the elf's in ass to wake up 

roundup the brainless reindeer and feed bags of peas and beans 

hook them to a old broken down sled and put 50ltr vodka in

the elfs load bags of crappy toys made in china 

the wind has buildup in the reindeer and away we go on our drunken way

have a crappy Christmas you ass holes got me out of bed early

My girl will come down from the farm for a few days.  We throw a Xmas party for friends and neighbors.  I put up decorations and Xmas trees.  Everyone has to bring a wrapped gift costing less than 200 baht and they are passed out randomly.  They are only marked for adults or children.  After they are passed out people are free to swap or keep their gifts.  Last year I cooked a salmon and several pizzas; guests brought side dishes.  After dinner and gifting we sing a few Xmas carols and everyone goes home by 21:00.  FYI on some days I am an Agnostic and other days I am an Atheist.  But never a Believer.  I just enjoy the holiday and make sure to have plenty of kids around.

4 hours ago, opalred said:

the same thing i do every year

kick the elf's in ass to wake up 

roundup the brainless reindeer and feed bags of peas and beans 

hook them to a old broken down sled and put 50ltr vodka in

the elfs load bags of crappy toys made in china 

the wind has buildup in the reindeer and away we go on our drunken way

have a crappy Christmas you ass holes got me out of bed early

He has to work one day a year, and he still complains.  Bloody Unions!

I'll be off with the family down to some fancy hotel, necking as much drink as I can when my daughter and wife are at the buffet.  Hogmanay on the balcony watching the fireworks in the neighbouring suburbs, imagining we're in Beirut or somewhere else in the Holy Land, and then a turkey from across the road for New Years Day, 

I'm heading back to the States. Leaving next Wednesday for Boston to spend the month with my eldest daughter. Her Mom and sister are traveling out from California on the 23rd.

Christmas tree shopping the weekend, after I get there, then plan to decorate her apartment.

Christmas Eve, dinner at the Union Oyster House (I know cheesy Boston shit, but I like it)

Christmas Day, cooking at home, which actually means 'me' cooking. My ex and kids are woefully lacking in the culinary arts lol

Flying back Dec 28th

Not sure about Christmas, but plans for December (with Christmas as the excuse) appear to be kicking off on the 16th on the first planned party. Up here in Phits we have a great little expat community that like to party it up this time of year.

Work wise, we close from the 23rd this year to the 2nd January, which is always a nice little holiday. On the home front, the missus usually puts up the decorations and the tree, but due to us having a new family member in the guise of a 5 month old german shepherd pup, this year it would be a big mistake IMHO.

This has been relayed to the other half, she has been warned, lets see what happens.........................;)

On 12/1/2016 at 2:55 PM, GinBoy2 said:

I'm heading back to the States. Leaving next Wednesday for Boston to spend the month with my eldest daughter. Her Mom and sister are traveling out from California on the 23rd.

Christmas tree shopping the weekend, after I get there, then plan to decorate her apartment.

Christmas Eve, dinner at the Union Oyster House (I know cheesy Boston shit, but I like it)

Christmas Day, cooking at home, which actually means 'me' cooking. My ex and kids are woefully lacking in the culinary arts lol

Flying back Dec 28th

I miss Durgin Park; the fish chowder, crab cakes and baked schrod; then a few cocktails with music at Lennie's-on-the-pike

Yeah, you reach a certain age, and Xmas is all about past memories, or trying to recapture them. For me Xmas is about rushing around trying to buy presents at the last moment, office parties, the Salvation Army playing hymns at Victoria Station, cold weather, midnight mass, going to the pub with Dad and getting torn off a strip by the women for being late for Xmas dinner, TOTP; it goes on and on. And that's my adult life, as a kid it was just magical. In Thailand, I don't know. It's nice to see they make the effort, but what they have here is a a glimmer of a reflection of the real thing.

8 hours ago, nausea said:

Yeah, you reach a certain age, and Xmas is all about past memories, or trying to recapture them. For me Xmas is about rushing around trying to buy presents at the last moment, office parties, the Salvation Army playing hymns at Victoria Station, cold weather, midnight mass, going to the pub with Dad and getting torn off a strip by the women for being late for Xmas dinner, TOTP; it goes on and on. And that's my adult life, as a kid it was just magical. In Thailand, I don't know. It's nice to see they make the effort, but what they have here is a a glimmer of a reflection of the real thing.

Ive tried to do Christmas in Thailand before, it just doesnt work.

It's a very Western holiday with it's own traditions, and they just don't translate to Thailand.

My Thai wife has tried, but at the end of the day we all agree better I go back to celebrate. Every second year I do an extra long trip to take in both Thanksgiving and Christmas.