Family suspect cover up in death of American expat in Hua Hin

rooster59

I always thought that his disappearance and death failed to feature with any significance on the radar at the time. I fellow TV'er was also perplexed that WUT hadn't even acknowledged his initial disappearance and only issued a sparse note acknowledging his contribution to teaching and formal condolences when his death was finally announced.

• Like 1

When I first heard of this missing person case, I shared it on my FB page. And after some period  ...I never heard any news.  Well after a month later, I tried to write to the originator of the whole  missing person FB package which I had shared, who I believe is mentioned in the article. He wouldn't write me back to tell me what had happened with the case, nor would he 'friend me'. I thought that was weird.

Now I guess I know why.

Edited by amykat
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, NanLaew said:

I always thought that his disappearance and death failed to feature with any significance on the radar at the time. I fellow TV'er was also perplexed that WUT hadn't even acknowledged his initial disappearance and only issued a sparse note acknowledging his contribution to teaching and formal condolences when his death was finally announced.

They're his employer...not his mummy and daddy. There's no reason for them to comment on it all if they don't want to.

No contact with his family for 10 years...obviously came to Thailand to "get away from it all and start over." If it was an unnatural death, it's most likely he go involved in financial dealings with shady characters or a personal relationship with a shady person (people). I don't see why a family member in America, who obviously wasn't close to him is getting all exercised at his death; and surely nothing will come of it from 10,000 miles away. As the recent case of the Aussie death in Surin, it took years of footwork and the expense of lots of money to find the killers...and this in a case where the cause of death was clear. Best to let sleeping bodies rest in peace.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Police found no sign of forced entry into the hotel room and were happy to put James’s death down to natural causes.

However, when James’s brother David, who lives in New York, received the autopsy report he saw it detailed other injuries, including contusion, tear and avulsion wounds. James also suffered internal bleeding on his head.

"He was beaten badly and I am sure he died from these injuries, definitely,"

Only if I put these two things together.....  well.... just a falang .. mai belai

• Like 2