Still Too Many Gremlins.

NoshowJones

I really like Thaivisas new layout, but there are still too many things going wrong, ie, very often I get notified of a like or comment someone has

made about one of my posts, then when I click on the little bell there is nothing there. Why is this?

• 2 weeks later...

1 hour ago, Tech Doctor said:

Hi, This is interesting @Langsuan Man - do you check the speed to Singapore with speedtest or just thailand? Can you do a test for me to Singapore and post the results? Also what spec is your pc, os and browser please so we can take a look.TD

singapore.png

TV delay.png

PC, Chrome , Version 54.0.2840.99 m

Edited by Langsuan Man
browser info

17 hours ago, possum1931 said:

Still doing it, that's two new notifications just came in that are not there.

That's it happened again, another poster who can't get an answer sorry Suradit.

Surely I am not the only one this keeps happening to.

Most of those issues (I am told) are because of hosting in "the cloud".  What's more annoying about the new website is the way all the bookmarked links from the old website were abandoned. This is the height of bad website admin.  There seems now to be few ways to sort and prioritise the content I want to see according to following, read, responded to, etc, etc.   Lots of other glitches when quoting posts, especially if it's multiple quotes, and inability to place my reply above or below the quote, and so-on with too many issues to mention.

Making the website less user-friendly has certainly contributed to it's decline.  

Edited by jpinx

23 hours ago, possum1931 said:

Well I just hope it can be fixed, it is frustrating when you cannot answer posts, and the poster

thinks I do not want to answer.

Just when I thought it was fixed that's it started again. This new Thaivisa layout is great, but for the gremlins.

There has surely been enough time to get it sorted by now.

16 hours ago, possum1931 said:

OK thanks, we will see what happens now.

There's another two notifications that have not been there, it seems that someone is uncapable  of fixing this, so I suppose I 

have just got to keep on accepting it. Well it is just not good enough.

Surely I am not the only TV member who is having to put up with this, or am I?

40 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

There's another two notifications that have not been there, it seems that someone is uncapable  of fixing this, so I suppose I 

have just got to keep on accepting it. Well it is just not good enough.

Surely I am not the only TV member who is having to put up with this, or am I?

There it's happened again, sorry Williamgeorgeallen, I cannot answer you.

On 12/15/2016 at 11:18 AM, possum1931 said:

There it goes again. time 11.17, just when I thought it was fixed.

That's another two notifications this morning not there Sat 17th Dec

Everytime I keep thinking that it's sorted, it happens again and again. It is ridiculous.

Can no one do anything at all? Sorry Claudius, cannot answer you.

On 12/17/2016 at 6:23 PM, possum1931 said:

There it is again, just what do I have to do to stop this, another notification  that's not there. Sat 17th Dec.

Sorry Berkshire, I can't answer you.

That's another notification not there, Mon 17th Dec, it does not matter if I alter the settings, it seems this is never going to end.

Are Thaivisas technical staff just not capable of ever fixing this?

18 hours ago, Tech Doctor said:

Hi,

Yes a support request has been made. They are looking into it, although at the moment your the only member actively reporting this issue.

TD

There it is again Tues 20th Dec 11.05.  Another notification sent to me that is not there.

6 hours ago, Tech Doctor said:

Possum can you check your notification settings invision have checked as your user and all notifications are accounted for.

That's it happened again, and I have checked my notification settings, I want all replies sent to me I would estimate about

one in every eight do not get to me, that cannot have anything to do with my settings.