transfer money back without work permit

hello everybody,

i open 2 bank account with my work permit this year ...

My work permit will be end on march 2017...which i don t want to renew ...

May i transfer back my money to my country without work permit...??

TY for your answer...

oli.

In general it should not be a problem that is against the law. The money you earned having your work permit should already be taxed,
and therefore legally yours. That would then mean that you have the right to transfer them to your country. One problem that always exist in Thailand
is the banks and there will to transfer. Here it can either be that it´s a lot of paper work or that they tell you some kind of transfer limit.
That happened to me before. I know you can and have the right to transfer back the money, but I just made it easy for me by sending most of it by Western Union,
and take the rest with me when I flew out. Of course it depends on how much money you are talking about, due to the hefty charge by Western Union.

ok, i was in the same position this year. had a work permit for 8 years but now on a family visa and wanted to move the money back to new zealand. was told i could not do it from SCB without a work permit. i showed my bank book with money coming into thailand and they let me transfer the same amount out. note this was just one bank and you may have to try several different branches as they all seem to follow different rules. good luck.

6 hours ago, jeantet said:

May i transfer back my money to my country without work permit...??

TY for your answer...

The requirement for WP is usually enforced only when you set up the first international transfer (I know this is the case for Bangkok Bank at least). After that you can transfer freely up to the daily/monthly limits set, no matter if you still hold the WP or not.

Of course another alternative is Bitcoin.

have Surely it depends on the amount? I went to check at the bank and they said it would only be a problem if I was wanting to transfer a million.

So, check on the amount allowed at the bank. They are the ones that know.

I do not have and never had a WP.

Edited by thaibeachlovers

I have a few accounts, with money spread around, and when overseas, I use ATMs without problems

but again.... it's how much you want to withdraw, and how fast.

maybe set up internet banking and start drawing down your capital now, while still here on your WP,  because if not renewing your WP, you won't have need for money here beyond living expenses.

at least that way you will know, and address it at any bank that refuses.... mum needs an operation, or whatever (and can do the same process from each bank)

just a thought