Neon Night Market Opens Thursday

webfact

Neon Night Market Opens Thursday

By Chayanit Itthipongmaetee, Staff Reporter -

15137678_348157722216712_800701208226701

Talad Neon in a garishly colored mock-up visualization. Photo: Talad Neon / Facebook

BANGKOK — A new downtown market will light up Thursday evening with more than 900 cafes, bars and restaurants on 10 rais of land.

Talad Neon, by Platinum Fashion Mall owner Platinum Group, promises all the hip market essentials including shipping-container chic, food trucks, clothing stalls and more.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/life/arts/2016/11/30/neon-night-market-opens-thursday/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2016-12-01

59 minutes ago, IAMHERE said:

How to get there on BTS or skytrain or subway?

From the linked article:

Talad Neon is located between Soi Petchaburi 23 and Soi Petchaburi 39. The nearest rail transport is BTS Chit Lom or Airport Rail Link Ratchaprarop.

A free tuk-tuk shuttle service from Platinum Fashion Mall will be available 7pm to 9pm.

There's also a google maps pic.

Edited by Morch

On 12/2/2016 at 4:51 PM, JemJem said:

Cool. I love night markets. Remember the Suan Lum night market (near Sathorn), that was sadly closed a few years ago ?! It was a great place to spend at least a couple of hours at; with a nice beer garden inside.

Yeah, I really miss Suan Lum. Food delivered to your table, nice lighting, good selection of beers and occasionally a decent band on the far stage. You could sit up close to it or sit at the back and avoid the music. The toilets were decent and clean, too. I also miss all the other places closed now over the last few years. 

I can't imagine visiting the Neon market. It looks huge, which means nightmare crowds if it ever catches on with the locals. 

Edited by Kaoboi Bebobp