Yamaha Aerox 155cc Launch

freedomnow

The recent models that Yamaha has released are selling like hotcakes, I also see more and more of them around Phuket. Before I would only see Honda dealers everywhere but now I'm seeing a lot more Yamaha dealers across the country also. And the Yamaha dealer in Phuket has just built a brand new showroom for their big bikes. Yamaha is on a roll. Honda better take note.

• Like 1

On 22/12/2017 at 8:41 AM, JonnyF said:

I was out and about in Bangkok yesterday and saw loads of these Aerox. At one point the whole front row at the lights were these models. Not a huge fan of scooters but these are by far the best looking of the bunch IMO. Also saw a few Qbix scooters and a lot of Nmax, seems Yamaha are going from strength to strength.

Feels  like a turbocharged 125cc

Really good power for the low price 

Some people say the suspension setup is a bit too rigid but I like it that way! :smile:

• Like 1

On 12/1/2017 at 4:20 PM, nev said:

Exactly why u bought one, sit back and relax in a nice comfy position and watch all the wanabee boy racers risk their life. :biggrin:

You are all missing one important difference.  The Aerox has 14" wheels.  This makes a world of difference in stability, handling and grip.  Yes I'm an old man but that is me in my avatar and I ain't dead yet.

But I will grant that the Max is the better, softer riding long distance option.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, just bob said:

You are all missing one important difference.  The Aerox has 14" wheels.  This makes a world of difference in stability, handling and grip.  Yes I'm an old man but that is me in my avatar and I ain't dead yet.

But I will grant that the Max is the better, softer riding long distance option.

Yes I do wish the Nmax had the 14" wheels, but the Nmax does handle very well and with Dual abs I feel very safe on it.

My next step is to update to the Xmax.

On 12/22/2017 at 9:39 AM, suave said:

On the subject of Honda, they just released their all-new PCX!  But, from what I can see it is the same bike as last year, even the crapy drum break on the back and combi-brakes with no ABS, those combi-breaks are accidents waiting to happen on sand or loose gravel.

You are dead on right about the combi brakes which is the reason I disconnected the option.  Much safer now.

• Like 1

Does anyone know when the 2018 model is coming out? Looking to get one but if it's a case of waiting a month or 2 for the newer version I will hold off but if it's 3 or up I would just buy one now? I did google it but lack of information about a new release in Thailand.

Edited by hello55060

On 12/23/2017 at 12:36 PM, speedtripler said:

Yes, I saw them

But you never "really" know the history of it

For extra $200-300 I'd rather take the brand new one and break it in myself..... 

What kind of history can a new bike with 1000km have ? lol 

3 hours ago, lust said:

Can be rekt in an accident and fixed in the cheapest half assed way possible 

(I know this because I've seen it happen when frames were supposed to be scrapped but instead they got everyone in the shop to bend it back into shape) 

But you go ahead and save your $200 if it means that much to you.... 

• Like 1

On 1/6/2018 at 4:17 PM, lust said:

It can be stripped of genuine parts and filled up with cheap Chinese parts. :biggrin:

Or perhaps it was 'modified' by the Thai expert that first owned it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DLang said:

It can be stripped of genuine parts and filled up with cheap Chinese parts. :biggrin:

Or perhaps it was 'modified' by the Thai expert that first owned it. 

But but but....... He could save $200 on the used one..... :thumbsup:

Back in 2010 when the first cbr250s came out I knew a guy who rekt a rental bringing it back to bkk drunk

The insurance said its going to have to be written off because the frame  was bent and we got a cheque to buy a new one

A month or two later it was  Back in the Honda showroom shining  like brand new 

I saw the same thing happen to a kawasaki versys even though the insurance said the bike was finished,after the insurance left the dealer said no no

We know how to bend it back.... :whistling:

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, philthebook said:

Went to Yamaha shop on Samui today, there are new colours (red and silver/blue ABS models)available but didn't have any in stock. 78,900 for ABS and 71,900 for R version

They're raping you

I Got my R version for 65k including everything.... 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, philthebook said:

Went to Yamaha shop on Samui today, there are new colours (red and silver/blue ABS models)available but didn't have any in stock. 78,900 for ABS and 71,900 for R version

Don't suppose you happened to find out when the 2018 model was coming out ?

On 1/8/2018 at 4:25 PM, speedtripler said:

But but but....... He could save $200 on the used one..... :thumbsup:

Back in 2010 when the first cbr250s came out I knew a guy who rekt a rental bringing it back to bkk drunk

The insurance said its going to have to be written off because the frame  was bent and we got a cheque to buy a new one

A month or two later it was  Back in the Honda showroom shining  like brand new 

I saw the same thing happen to a kawasaki versys even though the insurance said the bike was finished,after the insurance left the dealer said no no

We know how to bend it back.... :whistling:

I’m not sure where you get $200 from. My cost for Aerox R model with 700km is 46,000baht, 20,000baht cheaper than new. In Thailand we use baht, but I’ll convert that to dollars for you. Savings of $800 buying used. I’ll take the $800 savings. Thanks though. 

Edited by lust
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, hello55060 said:

Don't suppose you happened to find out when the 2018 model was coming out ?

I didn't know they were bringing out a 2018 model, the 2017 hasn't been out long and as they have just bought out some new colours I think you might be waiting a while

4 hours ago, lust said:

I’m not sure where you get $200 from. My cost for Aerox R model with 700km is 46,000baht, 20,000baht cheaper than new. In Thailand we use baht, but I’ll convert that to dollars for you. Savings of $800 buying used. I’ll take the $800 savings. Thanks though. 

Brand New are 62k in bkk but you go ahead, Cambodia is cheaper than Thailand too BTW.... :whistling:

3 hours ago, philthebook said:

I didn't know they were bringing out a 2018 model, the 2017 hasn't been out long and as they have just bought out some new colours I think you might be waiting a while

The only colours probably ARE the 2018 model...... It's unlikely they would change it so soon 

If they do revise it I'd like to see abs  disk brakes on both wheels, and a larger fuel tank and a larger box where the cellphone charger is located...... 

Apart from those minor niggles im not sure what there is to change on it, everything else is better than any other scoot on the market...... 

12 minutes ago, speedtripler said:

Brand New are 62k in bkk but you go ahead, Cambodia is cheaper than Thailand too BTW.... :whistling:

Sorry, but wrong again. 64,000 for standard model and 67,000 for R model. 

This is Thaivisa, not Cambodiavisa. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, lust said:

If you like taking it the ass, the yamaha dealers will be happy to oblige you

I still have the receipt for mine so I know how much I paid 

4 hours ago, lust said:

Official prices found here on the Thai Yamaha website, scroll to the bottom...

https://www.yamaha-motor.co.th/automotive/product.php/type/product.php/type/automatic/title/Yamaha-Aerox-155-COC-2017

I had a look at the ABS model silver/blue and it was priced at 73,900 same as what they state on the site this was at the Yahama dealership Suksawat BKK. All models and colours were available and the other models were priced the same as on the site. I think you were quoted the Samui tax. Will be going back on Monday and getting one (need my thai friend, yes friend to buy for me as I don't have the documents now, then at a later date she will hopefully transfer it back when i get a drivers licence and residency haha)

On 12/23/2017 at 12:36 PM, speedtripler said:

Yes, I saw them

But you never "really" know the history of it

For extra $200-300 I'd rather take the brand new one and break it in myself..... 

In my case it was a lot more than $200. Samui new price is 72k plus registration and new plates etc. Ended up being more like $750. And my one which I just bought was owned privately by an older rich guy who had a fleet of cars and bikes. Was clear he maintained them very well. Bike was basically brand new. He had also done a few tasteful cosmetic mods. 1000km is seriously nothing. 

Edited by madhav
  • Like 1