Internet Banking

We need to make regular but small deposits to a Hongkong and Shanghai Bank account. What is the cheapest most effective way to do this from a town where we have the choice of the local Famers Bank? What do the banks offer in the way of internet banking? I had an account with Bangkok Bank years ago which was hopeless. One was limited to internal transfers and paying Public Utilities only. 

I don't think that you can do international transfers other than repatriation of salary on any internet banking systems in Thailand.  I have both SCB and BBL and I can't do them with either.  I make a lot of international transfers and do them at Krung Thai Bank in person.  No matter how much I transfer it costs 1200 baht this end.  Most receiving banks will also charge a small processing fee that they automatically deduct from the transferred amount.  Many of my transfers go to Bremer Bank in Minnesota and their charge is $20 no matter what the transferred amount is.

I have transferred funds to HSBC in China with no problem.  The cahrges at this end were the same, 1200 baht,  and the receiving Company absorbed the HSBC charges if any.

Yes, for farangs ibanking international transfers is pretty much limited to repatriation of salary after you get approval for such.   These rules are imposed on all Thai banks by Bank of Thailand regulations.    I think you will find the international transfer rules among all Thai banks very, very similar since they are just following Bank of Thailand regulations which in turn are driven by Thai laws.

9 hours ago, backtofront said:

I had an account with Bangkok Bank years ago which was hopeless. One was limited to internal transfers and paying Public Utilities only. 

Strange. First time I hear that.

Bangkok Bank as any other has to stick to rules about transferring money abroad.

For all other purposes my (main) Bangkok Bank account is as good as my SCB or Kasikorn account.

There are only subtle differences in handling of internet banking.

4 hours ago, backtofront said:

Can you make payments to the personal accounts of clients using other Thai banks? Hongkong and Shanghai? It was not possible eleven years ago.

Done many transfers within Thailand from Kasikorn as well as Bangkok Bank.

I have at least 30 different accounts paid to from those two banks.

Shanghai, Hongkong: never done transfers abroad.

My Kasikorn "other than mine" 3rd party account list:

kbank.jpg

My Bangkok Bank 3rd party (other banks) account list (no International):

bkb.jpg