West Ham Thread

EastSaxCol

It's going to be a great day when Allardyce leaves West Ham and returns to his Northern slum.

I bet his "Northern slum" is a lot grander than your residence.

What my 7k a month room right here in the worlds bestest city? I have air con, cable tv, a bed, a fridge, and 3 coat hangers. I have to pinch myself every day.

Wow.....the picture I had conjured up in my mind has just been confirmed!

bit of a conundrum for the spammers with big sam, sam will keep u in the prem prettfootie.or not thats the criteria atm. its bad enuf going down at the best of times but with new stad around the corner it could well be a total disaster not totally unrecoverable from but maybe not easy. Imo until u move into the new stad ure stuck with him

It's going to be a great day when Allardyce leaves West Ham and returns to his Northern slum.

Before he went into management full time, he was a builder.. So I can imagine his place is pretty palatial.. Especially with all the money he's creamed off from dodgy transfer dealings..

Before he went into management full time, he was a builder.. So I can imagine his place is pretty palatial.. Especially with all the money he's creamed off from dodgy transfer dealings..

To be fair, I'm not too sure that someone out of the East End can have a pop at someone about dodgy dealings biggrin.png

To be fair, I'm not too sure that someone out of the East End can have a pop at someone about dodgy dealings biggrin.png

I'm not from there, but considering Redknapp was, that does seem fair..

Looks like Valeri Bojinov (ex-Man City) might be joining the Hammers

thought he was unlucky at man city, more than a decent player.

Yeah he was unlucky. Pretty much as soon as he arrived he did his cruciate ligament ( I think it was ) and then he was out for about 6 months. He worked hard to get fit and then soon after did his Achilles which ruled him for another 6 months. I haven't really followed him closely since he left us what must be about 5 years ago now but he seems to have been pretty much injury free.

tbh havnt follwed his progress either , but just remember him pre first injury he was aggressive and made an impact ,then the same on his second come bac , and by then a year later he was surplus, looking at his stats since he hasnt set the world alight but as a bac up striker on a budget, cant be a bad punt, probably got a point to prove which can be a plus.

i can see him all belts and braces, fat head, pencil under the ear!!

Estimating the cost of an industrial bum gun.biggrin.png

In all the years I've been coming here, I had never used a bum gun till last week. Up in the boonies and ran out of paper, so had no option. I was nervous at first that it may shoot up my backside but surprisingly it's easy biggrin.png

Sorry about going off on a tangent but I should think Spuds fans would think talking about cleaning your bum and West Ham is still on topic tongue.png

• Like 2

In all the years I've been coming here, I had never used a bum gun till last week. Up in the boonies and ran out of paper, so had no option. I was nervous at first that it may shoot up my backside but surprisingly it's easy biggrin.png

Sorry about going off on a tangent but I should think Spuds fans would think talking about cleaning your bum and West Ham is still on topic tongue.png

I use nothing else when I go.

Spuds fans think their shit comes out odourless and wrapped in velvet and don't bother with such things.

I quite enjoyed last night's game. It was always going to be a banana skin type of game for us, and we've certainly had some humiliations over the years, so wasn't a big surprise. We had a few new players and a couple of young players, and you could see they hadn't gelled. Whereas they looked energetic and organised as well as hungry, and able to overcome a very obvious gulf in individual talent. They got a lucky goal and were throwing everything into defence, so their game plan worked well.

The atmosphere was pretty good for a league cup game.. It wasn't the cauldron of hate I wanted, but there was a lot of banter.

And at the end I could relax and smile, happy in the knowledge that I need never live in Sheffield.

Oh so close but so far away.

So nice to see Sheffield United dump WH out of the League Cup, in London biggrin.png

How much did your new man cost, 12 M? That's more than the entire Blades team.

More than your whole city even..

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Promotion doesn't look to be much of a possibility given the way things are going. Lost to Swindon 5-2 last week.

But............ I have to live in hope.

Cheers

Near Castleton, eh? That's a nice spot. (apologies to John Shuttleworth).

• 2 weeks later...

What's the current thinking about Big Sam? 4th in the league and playing some decent football. Are all past transgressions forgiven? Would Hammers fans still get rid of him? As a BWFC fan I think he is more than a bit hard done by. He brought the best player I've ever seen in a Bolton shirt to the club (Jay Jay Okocha) and a few others who could play a bit: Anelka, Djorkaeff, Hierro, Campo, Nakata, Ricketts, Diouff, to name just a few. Got Bolton to Europe twice and could do the same for WHUFC.

Edited by champers

I've never been a big fan and didn't want him to be appointed, but wasn't one of the vocal minority that want him sacked any time things go wrong.

I think too much has been made of our style/long ball etc. My biggest gripes were lack of plan B, sticking by Nolan at all cost, and playing to cautiously in the championship against teams we should have mopped the floor with. As a person, I like his straight talking style, despite his delusions about his own ability.

This year, he has bought well and brought in good coaching staff. We are playing much like we had been, but with much more confidence and potency up front. This is my 40th season watching us and I fully expect us to have a slump some time and the boo boys to start the f-off Sam Allardyce chants again, but I think he'll be with us for a few years yet.

• Like 2

Great performance today. Wish I had realised it was early kick off though! First time I can remember missing a game because I forgot the time had changed. duh

I missed seeing this. Good to see our fans taking the mick out of the stupidest celebration ever seen in a football ground.

Edited by tw25rw

• 3 weeks later...

Have to say well done to West Ham, the recent run of positive results are very encouraging.

Go for it Hammers

By the way, first band I ever saw play live were Cockney Rejects, in Sheffield - The Limit. Yes, they did play that song about bubbles facepalm.gif