West Ham Thread

EastSaxCol

He " was " a very good Player about 5 years ago, but a no lose situation for us if you ask me..

The Winner at WHL or SB this year & he doesn't have to do anything else for me...:o

West Ham complete Tristan signing

West Ham have signed veteran striker Diego Tristan on a free transfer following a two-week trial.

The 32-year-old former Spain international was a free agent after being released by Italian side Livorno at the end of last season.

Tristan becomes new manager Gianfranco Zola's first signing since taking charge in September.

"Zola has helped me a lot and I want to say thanks by scoring lots of goals and doing well for the club," he said.

"I am very grateful to the manager for giving me the opportunity to play here.

"I have been really impressed from the moment I arrived at the training ground. The coaching staff and the players have all helped me to settle in. o.gif

"I had a lot of offers to go to other countries and play for a lot of money but I feel that I still have lots to offer and I want to show West Ham fans that I can still play at the highest level. That is why I am here." Tristan, who won 15 caps for Spain between 2001 and 2004, also played for Deportivo La Coruna and Real Mallorca and could make his Hammers debut away to Hull City on Sunday.

He " was " a very good Player about 5 years ago, but a no lose situation for us if you ask me..

The Winner at WHL or SB this year & he doesn't have to do anything else for me... :D

West Ham complete Tristan signing

West Ham have signed veteran striker Diego Tristan on a free transfer following a two-week trial.

The 32-year-old former Spain international was a free agent after being released by Italian side Livorno at the end of last season.

Tristan becomes new manager Gianfranco Zola's first signing since taking charge in September.

"Zola has helped me a lot and I want to say thanks by scoring lots of goals and doing well for the club," he said.

"I am very grateful to the manager for giving me the opportunity to play here.

"I have been really impressed from the moment I arrived at the training ground. The coaching staff and the players have all helped me to settle in. o.gif

"I had a lot of offers to go to other countries and play for a lot of money but I feel that I still have lots to offer and I want to show West Ham fans that I can still play at the highest level. That is why I am here." Tristan, who won 15 caps for Spain between 2001 and 2004, also played for Deportivo La Coruna and Real Mallorca and could make his Hammers debut away to Hull City on Sunday.

As long as the paperwork is in order, I don't care who we get :o We are in limbo at the moment and he looks a sensible choice until the club sorts itself out and moves on from McScabies and the Crunch. Then when the club is resold (hopefully) we can have a proper overhaul of the squad next summer.

I read in the BKK Post old Nobby's column last weekend about commentator faux pas.

I think it was something like "Julian Dicks has been outstanding, as have the whole of the West Ham team, in fact for long spells it looked like thay had 11 Dicks on the field" :o

I read in the BKK Post old Nobby's column last weekend about commentator faux pas.

I think it was something like "Julian Dicks has been outstanding, as have the whole of the West Ham team, in fact for long spells it looked like thay had 11 Dicks on the field" :o

If his name is Nobby I guess it takes one to know one. :D though this talk of Julian Dicks is really from another century, a bygone age when a tackle was a tackle :D

If his name is Nobby I guess it takes one to know one. :D though this talk of Julian Dicks is really from another century, a bygone age when a tackle was a tackle :D

I'll go to the Grave that he was the best Left Back Never to play for England, & all because Hodlle/Gorman wanted him ot grow his hair, outrageous..

One of the sweetest Left Feet i've EVER seen, & by a mile the best Tackles .. :D

I remember a Game at UP in the late 80's when Perry Groves for Arsenal kept threatening to go past him & finally did, Groves ended up in the Chicken Run & never attempted it again.. :D

I'll go to the Grave that he was the best Left Back Never to play for England, & all because Hodlle/Gorman wanted him ot grow his hair, outrageous..

One of the sweetest Left Feet i've EVER seen, & by a mile the best Tackles .. :D

I remember a Game at UP in the late 80's when Perry Groves for Arsenal kept threatening to go past him & finally did, Groves ended up in the Chicken Run & never attempted it again.. :D

Yes I've got a few memories of the terminator, as well. The 4-2 over Man City in '96? comes to mind when he hit that thunderbolt. I don't blame Hoddle for complaining about his hair. Footballers with bad hair cuts should be booked as soon as they run into the pitch :D Well we could do with someone like JD up at Hull on Sunday.I fear the worse with Lucas Neil. When he comes back from Oz he always has a bad game. However at least Bellend has had a run out and might play some part on the break against the Tigers. Wonder if James Collins will pair up with Upson at some stage in the season. Anyway Come on you Irons and Owls :(

I seem to remember him squaring up to (and maybe striking) a coach in the dressing room and being kicked out of the England B squad.. Was ages ago so I don't remember it clearly. Like Paolo, he was a tainted genius who could have gone much further if not a psycho with a habit of pissing off the wrong people.

I'm hearing from Home from a Fella who sometimes gives me a little bit of inside info that Ashton's Ankle got screwed up in the inital Operation by West Ham after he broke his Ankle for the England the first time. England wanted to operate, West Ham wanted to do it themseleves & the Operation got screwed up ( the Pins ) & that's why he's so delicate now as the Bone is so weak due to the Pins being inserted rather shabbily.

Obvioulsy has to take it with a pinch of salt but it is what seems to be happening..

I'm quietly confident about tomorrow, Hull have been superb in their last 3 away Games but at Home is a different Ball Game & i feel they'd have to venture out a bit more at Home & if they do, we have to capitalise & score first, that would mean they definately have to be more adventurous & the one time i've seen them do that this year ( conceede firts & have to come out ) is whne they got bashed at Home 0-5 to Wigan so i live in hope..

Massive first Goal tomoorrow.

COYI

I'm hearing from Home from a Fella who sometimes gives me a little bit of inside info that Ashton's Ankle got screwed up in the inital Operation by West Ham after he broke his Ankle for the England the first time. England wanted to operate, West Ham wanted to do it themseleves & the Operation got screwed up ( the Pins ) & that's why he's so delicate now as the Bone is so weak due to the Pins being inserted rather shabbily.

Obvioulsy has to take it with a pinch of salt but it is what seems to be happening..

I'm quietly confident about tomorrow, Hull have been superb in their last 3 away Games but at Home is a different Ball Game & i feel they'd have to venture out a bit more at Home & if they do, we have to capitalise & score first, that would mean they definately have to be more adventurous & the one time i've seen them do that this year ( conceede firts & have to come out ) is whne they got bashed at Home 0-5 to Wigan so i live in hope..

COYI

It was, but not for West Ham.

COYI

I thought we were a little unlucky yesterday. They created very little apart from that set-piece when they scored while WHU created lots of chances and should have taken at least one of them. Hull City are a hardworking outfit but they over rely on the long ball and set pieces. I am amazed that they have won three in a row but good luck to them but I would prefer a footballing side like West Brom to stay up, out of the three that came up. As for Zola/Clarke I like their football 'philosophy' but it's going to take awhile before the team jel but at least we have the luxury of points in the bag, unlike that lot from N17 :o

I thought we were a little unlucky yesterday. They created very little apart from that set-piece when they scored while WHU created lots of chances and should have taken at least one of them. Hull City are a hardworking outfit but they over rely on the long ball and set pieces. I am amazed that they have won three in a row but good luck to them but I would prefer a footballing side like West Brom to stay up, out of the three that came up. As for Zola/Clarke I like their football 'philosophy' but it's going to take awhile before the team jel but at least we have the luxury of points in the bag, unlike that lot from N17 :o

We were fine apart from up front. We need an attacking playmaker type player (I thought Noble would eventually become that but hasn't) and another striker to replace Cole. Hopefully Tristan can fulfill that role. Can't say I'm too impressed by Faubert so far either.

COYI

Nothing gets past you Columbo does it ??

We weren't bad, we weren't good either..

We certainly weren't good enough to break the down & my worry was the alst 20 mins where we looked to have just simply ran out of ideas..

We're not gonna win them all either, that's for sure..

Faubert has had 2 shocking Games for me & i watched him very closely on the N American Tour & there was something about him which i said on here at the time which scared the sh*t out of me, he simply didn't look like a Premiership Footballer & i'm afraid in the last 2 Games he hasn't looked like one either..

I can see Arsenal hurting us badly on Sunday if they're up for it.. :o

Edited by MSingh

COYI

Nothing gets past you Columbo does it ??

We weren't bad, we weren't good either..

We certainly weren't good enough to break the down & my worry was the alst 20 mins where we looked to have just simply ran out of ideas..

We're not gonna win them all either, that's for sure..

Faubert has had 2 shocking Games for me & i watched him very closely on the N American Tour & there was something about him which i said on here at the time which scared the sh*t out of me, he simply didn't look like a Premiership Footballer & i'm afraid in the last 2 Games he hasn't looked like one either..

I can see Arsenal hurting us badly on Sunday if they're up for it.. :D

Don't MS, I for one will be hoping you make Arsen sweat throught that one and only grey garb he has, Go Hammers (appoligies to MIG and other Gunner following Mods) :o

Don't MS, I for one will be hoping you make Arsen sweat throught that one and only grey garb he has, Go Hammers (appoligies to MIG and other Gunner following Mods) :o

Hopefully they used up all their Goals for the week against Fenerbache last night..:D

Just got a ticket for the Arsenal game Sunday, apparently the game is not sell out for the first time in years. Personally l think fans are fed up with paying a small fortune to watch the team, my ticket was £63 ahhhhhhhhhhhhh !!!!!!!!!!!!

The black cloud that hangs over Upton Park is not going to help the attendances either, l really feel that if the chairman can no longer afford to support the club then he should sell to someone who can, all the uncertainty and the prospect of a January sale will probably push us into a regalation scrap, do those loyal supporters who turn up week in week out no matter what, deserve another penny pinching chairman who is going to drain every bit bit of life out of the club, in footballing terms the money he has put in is small and l really don't feel he has moved the club forward that much, if at all, so why not sell ???????????????

Just got a ticket for the Arsenal game Sunday, apparently the game is not sell out for the first time in years. Personally l think fans are fed up with paying a small fortune to watch the team, my ticket was £63 ahhhhhhhhhhhhh !!!!!!!!!!!!

The black cloud that hangs over Upton Park is not going to help the attendances either, l really feel that if the chairman can no longer afford to support the club then he should sell to someone who can, all the uncertainty and the prospect of a January sale will probably push us into a regalation scrap, do those loyal supporters who turn up week in week out no matter what, deserve another penny pinching chairman who is going to drain every bit bit of life out of the club, in footballing terms the money he has put in is small and l really don't feel he has moved the club forward that much, if at all, so why not sell ???????????????

Yeah i saw that yesterday, incredibly sad in my opionon.. However it is 2 months to Xmas, on TV & 63 GBP PER TICKET ???????????

<deleted> outrageous if you ask me..

I found this, sums it up really..

Enjoy your day though Mark, just try to keep your eyes off the Pitch..:o

West Ham United have put tickets for this weekend's London derby with Arsenal on general sale.

For the first time in years tickets for the clash have reached general sale - an unprecedented situation for a game of such magnitude.

West Ham supporters have hit back at the club's decision to increase ticket prices at the end of last season by turning away in their droves. Barely a single game has been a sell-out so far this season, whilst the attendance for the recent Macclesfield Carling Cup game was one of the lowest in United's recent history.

The high cost of attending Premier League fixtures, combined with the uncertain finacial situation has led many fans to tighten their belts accordingly - with football one of the first luxuries to go.

Those hoping to pick up tickets for the game will have to pay up to £63 for the pleasure - or nearly £200 for a family of four.

What can I get for 63 quid? Alternative ways to spend your Saturday afternoons

1. Purchase 20 day passes for one of the web's most popular football streaming channels.

2. Watch around 10 films at your local cinema.

3. Take the missus food shopping and buy enough grub to see you through til the following Saturday.

4. Get tickets for the forthcoming Kenny Thomas, Alexander O'Neal and Jimmy Jones gigs at the Circus Tavern and still have enough left over for a few beers.

5. Buy eight new albums you've had your eye on.

6. Spend the day roughing it watching Swan Lake at the Royal Opera House (with enough left over for a glass or two of chablis).

7. Fly to Rome and take in a game featuring either - or both - of the city's two main clubs.

l saw there were tickets available on knees up mother brown prices up to £63, l then checked the club website and it said starting at £45, although when l rang the ticket office they said it is a band A match and l'm not a memeber so it is £63, not sure if there is a charge on my card on top ?? Anyway got a decent seat in the East stand close to the middle which l know is a season ticket holders seat. My mate has just rang for a ticket was told there are different seats remaining at under £63, so not quite sure whats going here. The way l see it l only see a couple of games a year now so the price isn't important but l feel sorry for those who turn up every fortnight and pay these kind of prices.

Not sure what our prices are in relation to other clubs but we must be right up there.

• 2 weeks later...

This was from January...:D

============

Tomorrow's Sun says:

AMERICAN presidential candidate Barack Obama is a secret West Ham fan.

Mr Obama, 46 — battling Hillary Clinton for the Democrats’ nomination — has been following the Hammers ever since a visit to Britain more than five years ago.

And he keeps in touch with the fortunes of Alan Curbishley’s side through his relatives in England — who are all Hammers fanatics.

The Kent-based clan — related to the US senator after his sister married an Englishman — now hope Mr Obama will be singing the club’s famous anthem “I’m Forever Blowing Bubbles” all the way to the White House.

The Obama campaign team recently revealed he is a massive football fan and was a nifty player himself while a student at Harvard Law School.

Mr Obama — bidding to become America’s first black President — watches Premier League games whenever his schedule allows, as long as matches don’t clash with his other great love — basketball.

A campaign source said: “Obama is a big sports nut and loves his soccer. He never really followed it, though, until he was told all about the passion of West Ham fans by some of his English relatives.

“He is always keen to find out how his adopted club are getting on.”

Rival Hillary, 60, has been linked with Manchester United after hubby Bill, the ex-President, revealed during a UK book tour that the Reds were his favourite team.

==========

Or course Bill likes the scum, they are all C*ck suckers too... :o

This was from January... :D

============

Tomorrow's Sun says:

Mr Obama, 46 — battling Hillary Clinton for the Democrats' nomination — has been following the Hammers ever since a visit to Britain more than five years ago.

And he keeps in touch with the fortunes of Alan Curbishley's side through his relatives in England — who are all Hammers fanatics.

The Kent-based clan — related to the US senator after his sister married an Englishman — now hope Mr Obama will be singing the club's famous anthem "I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles" all the way to the White House.

The Obama campaign team recently revealed he is a massive football fan and was a nifty player himself while a student at Harvard Law School.

Mr Obama — bidding to become America's first black President — watches Premier League games whenever his schedule allows, as long as matches don't clash with his other great love — basketball.

A campaign source said: "Obama is a big sports nut and loves his soccer. He never really followed it, though, until he was told all about the passion of West Ham fans by some of his English relatives.

"He is always keen to find out how his adopted club are getting on."

Rival Hillary, 60, has been linked with Manchester United after hubby Bill, the ex-President, revealed during a UK book tour that the Reds were his favourite team.

==========

The man can't put a foot wrong, can he :D O -Bama, He comes from Illinois and he is a West ham boy! (to the Volare tune) :D

This was from January... :D

============

Tomorrow's Sun says:

Mr Obama, 46 — battling Hillary Clinton for the Democrats' nomination — has been following the Hammers ever since a visit to Britain more than five years ago.

And he keeps in touch with the fortunes of Alan Curbishley's side through his relatives in England — who are all Hammers fanatics.

The Kent-based clan — related to the US senator after his sister married an Englishman — now hope Mr Obama will be singing the club's famous anthem "I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles" all the way to the White House.

Mr Obama — bidding to become America's first black President — watches Premier League games whenever his schedule allows, as long as matches don't clash with his other great love — basketball.

A campaign source said: "Obama is a big sports nut and loves his soccer. He never really followed it, though, until he was told all about the passion of West Ham fans by some of his English relatives.

"He is always keen to find out how his adopted club are getting on."

==========

The man can't put a foot wrong, can he :D O -Bama, He comes from Illinois and he is a West ham boy! (to the Volare tune) :D

Maybe you can get the USA to sponsor your shirts, would look good with the stars and stripes clashing nicely with the pink and blue kit.

Maybe you can get the USA to sponsor your shirts, would look good with the stars and stripes clashing nicely with the pink and blue kit.

Good idea Jimbo.... :D

Sponsership? Is there any money left in the treasury? :o

Under Zola we've won 2, lost 3 & drawn 1 but is it just me or is anyone else over the moon with the way we are trying to play Footballl the " West Ham Way ", introduced the Kids last week who played really well in my opinion after watching the replay here on Monday, isn't scared to change Players as & when even if they're the so called better Players, & just overall is a lot more happier at the way we're playing ??

Under Zola we've won 2, lost 3 & drawn 1 but is it just me or is anyone else over the moon with the way we are trying to play Footballl the " West Ham Way ", introduced the Kids last week who played really well in my opinion after watching the replay here on Monday, isn't scared to change Players as & when even if they're the so called better Players, & just overall is a lot more happier at the way we're playing ??

Ok, but keep in mind that after the initial exuberance of Zola's arrival, your record has been heading the wrong way. But good luck!

Ok, but keep in mind that after the initial exuberance of Zola's arrival, your record has been heading the wrong way. But good luck!

See, that's the difference between us & you though James....

We aren't going to win every Game & don't believe we will, unlike Man Ure..

We are however playing much better Football under Zola as opposed to what we were playing under Curbishley even then there is no differnece between then & now & the fact that we're not, & wasn't going to, win every Game under either Manager, & that's the point i was making.. :o

PS : There wasn't any initial exuberence anyway, i was happy we are not led out by Curbishley every week not because of the record of his Team, but for the tripe they were playing in order to get that record ( which wasn't great anyway ).

I like the way Zola has got the Team playing, win, lose or draw.. :D

Edited by MSingh

Best 80 mins of the Season by a long way, followed by the worst 10 mins, typical West Ham.. :D

Apparently Upson's only a dead leg so should be fit for Saturday..

Why wasn't there a Center Back on the bench though on Saturday ??

Davenport was fit too yet he choose 2 Left Midfielders to have on the Bench instead in Etherington ( understandable ) & Kyle Reid ???

& to have Scott Parker on the pitch for 15 mins after the first of 3 occasions caught on Camera saying " I'm fcuked " when the opposition bring on fresh legs, was poor Management in my opinion & showed a bit of naivety, especially with Mullins on the bench...

Still, i thoroughly enjoyed the forst 80 mins & thought we were great, roll on Saturday & how or when we're gonna keep a clean sheet i don't know so 3-1 West Ham.. :o