West Ham Thread

EastSaxCol

Anyone fancy Zola and Clarke to Chelsea at the end of the season ?? Can't see Hidink leaving the Russian national side before the world cup, and Chesea are not going to let him do 2 jobs on a permanent basis. Zola's reluctance to distance himself from the job the other night is a bit ominous for me, but the real driving force behind the duo is Clarke and it would be a real shame to lose him. Just hope Chelsea get Ancelotti in the summer and we get to hold onto the pair.

What about Carlton Cole last night nearly scored on his England debut !!!!!!!!!

Anyone fancy Zola and Clarke to Chelsea at the end of the season ?? Can't see Hidink leaving the Russian national side before the world cup, and Chesea are not going to let him do 2 jobs on a permanent basis. Zola's reluctance to distance himself from the job the other night is a bit ominous for me, but the real driving force behind the duo is Clarke and it would be a real shame to lose him. Just hope Chelsea get Ancelotti in the summer and we get to hold onto the pair.

Did he Mark ??

It wasn't on here & i haven't seen Sports Centre tonight..

How did Green, Cole & Upson play overall Mate ??

RE Zola/Clarke : My heart says they'll stay but my head says they'll ( i think it's " they'll " or just maybe Zola which if it is & Clarke becomes our Manager, i won't mind so much ) go..

I posted that above about Bilic the day after Scolari got sacked as it was my first thought but we'll see, it s funny old game..:o

Did he Mark ??

It wasn't on here & i haven't seen Sports Centre tonight..

How did Green, Cole & Upson play overall Mate ??

RE Zola/Clarke : My heart says they'll stay but my head says they'll ( i think it's " they'll " or just maybe Zola which if it is & Clarke becomes our Manager, i won't mind so much ) go..

I posted that above about Bilic the day after Scolari got sacked as it was my first thought but we'll see, it s funny old game.. :o

Beckham played Cole through with a sublime pass, he was one on one with the keeper and could have possibly played it first time but l think he did the right thing and took the ball round him and sent a goal bound shot in from a tight angle which was cleared off the line. Upson played the whole of the second half and did ok, but he gave a stupid foul away just in front of the box which lead to the second goal, which Green had little chance with.

Green played the second half, but looked really small in the goal after James in the first half, he did ok, which is more than can be said for the Pompie boy he dropped one of the easiest catches you will ever see inside the area but got away with it, shocking................................ :D

l know there is no loyality or sentiment in modern day football but l really hoped we would get 2 seasons out of Zola before he made the trip back over to the posh half of London, after all not many teams would have took the chance on him when we did.

Got tickets for Saturday my last game this season, not coming back here again in the winter it's too ####ing cold !! l fancy we could score a few goals this weekend, Boro are really struggling , 3-0 the cockney boys.

West Ham boss Gianfranco Zola believes all managers need time - and feels he could well have been sacked already at another club.

The Italian was linked with a move to the Chelsea hotseat following the shock dismissal of Luiz Felipe Scolari, which has now been filled until the end of the season by Guus Hiddink.

However, the former Blues midfielder made it clear he is committed to the Upton Park "project", having only been appointed in mid-September to a first club managerial role.

Zola has slowly turned things around following a difficult period before Christmas, with the Irons currently sitting eighth in the Barclays Premier League and preparing for an FA Cup fifth-round tie against Middlesbrough this weekend.

The former Chelsea man, though, is aware things could have been very different.

"A manager cannot do a job that easily in football," Zola said.

"You need to plan and work, you need to be allowed time to change players and shape of team.

"It took me a long time and maybe I would have been sacked at a different club after two months, so you definitely need time."

Zola, 42, enjoyed a hugely successful spell with Chelsea, and is still held in high regard by the club's supporters - with a banner at the game against Hull calling for his return.

However, the West Ham manager insists he and assistant Steve Clarke are focused on the job in hand at Upton Park.

"I am here and that's the important thing. That's all I can say about that," Zola noted.

"[Chelsea] is a club that I wish they do very well and I think Clarkey feels the same, but I would like to talk about West Ham."

The former Italy Under-21 coach continued: "I am very happy with what I am doing here.

"We have a project and we are still starting.

"There is a long way to go and I have got a lot to learn and a lot to give to the club."

Zola refused to be drawn on just what he thought had gone wrong at Stamford Bridge under the Brazilian, with reports of dressing room unrest.

"It is very difficult for me to get into the opinions," said the Hammers manager.

"Chelsea are a winning side and want to stay on that side most of the time.

"It is not easy because things are so competitive, but the club has got its own way of running things and if they believe it's not right, they can change."

Zola added: "I am sorry for Scolari. He went to a team where they want to win the whole time, and there is a price to pay."

The Hammers have minor fitness concerns over defenders Valon Behrami and James Tomkins (both hamstring) ahead of the visit of Boro.

Striker Dean Ashton remains a long-term absentee, but remains positive following another operation on his ankle injury this week.

"I have not lost any of the fitness I had gained before the operation, so I can get back to everything again soon and continue to work hard," the England forward said.

Ashton added on the club's official website, http://www.whufc.com: "When you are out this long, the fans wonder what is wrong especially as I started the season okay.

"But as any player will tell you, this is what it can be like with any injury you pick up.

"The important thing is I am working hard and looking to be firing on all cylinders when I come back."

http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8...4916007,00.html

Thing with Chelsea (spit) is that they demand immediate success and have the money to obtain it. Zola is still inexperienced and yet to achieve anything in management. If he had a losing run like he did with us, would he be out on his arse or would they tolerate it?

Anyway, just because he played there, doesn't mean he holds them in the same esteem that their fans hold him.

Thing with Chelsea (spit) is that they demand immediate success and have the money to obtain it. Zola is still inexperienced and yet to achieve anything in management. If he had a losing run like he did with us, would he be out on his arse or would they tolerate it?

Anyway, just because he played there, doesn't mean he holds them in the same esteem that their fans hold him.

He'd be sacked & he says as much in the Interview ^^ above so that's one good thing & i said it recently in the Chelsea thread, imo, Zola's all fine & dandy but i have a very strong feeling that a Zola without Steve larke would be a very different propostition to a Zola with Steve Clarke.... :o

Edited by MSingh

Zola was voted the all time greatest player at Chelsea.You can stand on me that he holds Chelsea in the highest possible regard but he's a rare breed in football nowadays.....he's a gentleman and keeps his word.That's why I think he'll be at West Ham for at least a couple of seasons until he thinks his "project"has finished.

Good news...

Parker signs new deal at West Ham

West Ham midfielder Scott Parker has signed a new contract that will keep him at Upton Park until 2013.

The 28-year-old was linked with a move to Manchester City in the January transfer window, but has now pledged his future to West Ham.

Parker told the club's website: "I am very happy, pleased and excited - especially after all the speculation in the transfer window.

"I can now put that to rest and sign a new long-term contract."

The former Newcastle and Chelsea player added: "In the last few weeks, the way the club is going and the direction that the manager and the board want to go, is something I want to follow.

"By signing my new contract, it says that I want to do this as well. It also says a lot about West Ham. There have been a lot of negative things written, saying there was a crisis and all of that.

"This shows that West Ham are in a position to keep their players when others want them and as a player and for the fans, that is a great thing.

o.gif606: DEBATE It is a great thing our backroom staff are doing, getting our best players on extended contracts

HAMMA4EVA"The manager Gianfranco Zola showed a real desire to keep me. He sees me as a massive part of the squad and that meant a lot to me, especially when there were things being written everywhere. So I am delighted to sign."

Parker follows England strikers Dean Ashton and Carlton Cole in committing himself to the club long-term, while youngsters Jack Collison and Freddie Sears have done likewise.

Zola said: "This is great news. Scott is an excellent player and it is good to have him at our service for more years.

"We have a long-term view, and we need time to set up our project and give it a chance to grow. "The club are sticking to this policy and it is brilliant. It means we are really serious about everything that we have said."

Good news...

West Ham midfielder Scott Parker has signed a new contract that will keep him at Upton Park until 2013.

The 28-year-old was linked with a move to Manchester City in the January transfer window, but has now pledged his future to West Ham.

Parker told the club's website: "I am very happy, pleased and excited - especially after all the speculation in the transfer window.

The former Newcastle and Chelsea player added: "In the last few weeks, the way the club is going and the direction that the manager and the board want to go, is something I want to follow.

"By signing my new contract, it says that I want to do this as well. It also says a lot about West Ham. There have been a lot of negative things written, saying there was a crisis and all of that.

"This shows that West Ham are in a position to keep their players when others want them and as a player and for the fans, that is a great thing.

o.gif606: DEBATE It is a great thing our backroom staff are doing, getting our best players on extended contracts

HAMMA4EVA"The manager Gianfranco Zola showed a real desire to keep me. He sees me as a massive part of the squad and that meant a lot to me, especially when there were things being written everywhere. So I am delighted to sign."

Parker follows England strikers Dean Ashton and Carlton Cole in committing himself to the club long-term, while youngsters Jack Collison and Freddie Sears have done likewise.

Zola said: "This is great news. Scott is an excellent player and it is good to have him at our service for more years.

"We have a long-term view, and we need time to set up our project and give it a chance to grow. "The club are sticking to this policy and it is brilliant. It means we are really serious about everything that we have said."

Good news...

I don't think we'll get far in the cup this year. It's all lined up for the big clubs to go through to the end. Last year was a great opportunity and Portsmouth took it.

I think we'll win at Boro, well i did think we'd win at Boro before i realised Cole would be out for 2 weeks !!!!

Who would have thought it, i'm worried that Carlton Cole will be missing from our Team, if you would have said that to me 2 Years ago i would have thought it was a result...

However, it's a bit conflicting at the moment..

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/t...utd/7892856.stm

Then this..

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2009/02/16/we...ring-this-news/

Edited by MSingh

Who would have thought it, i'm worried that Carlton Cole will be missing from our Team, if you would have said that to me 2 Years ago i would have thought it was a result...

Maybe he's trying more at playing football then "roasting".

At least our Carlton's was a consenting roasting, unlike many of the other Premiership Players interloping sessions these days.. :o

So Mr San Miguel, unless i've missed it, who do you follow then Mate ??

Big Game tonight, stick your Bernebeau up your bottom, it's Boro we're heading tonight & have sold 4.5k with Boro selling only 12k, p*ss poor !!!

Come on West Ham !!

1-1 FT with us to win on Pens... :o

I believe you will win it long before penalties MS. Boro are so bad they could even score an own goal at the moment.

In a word & i only need one word, we were <deleted> appaling, p*ss poor, dreadful, woeful, lacking, pathetic, a joke, shameful..

11 words were more needed though thinking about it..

Dispicable performance for the 4.5k who travelled & Tactically awful last night..

Worst performance, by a million miles, by the Team under the new Management & how they didn't make a Sub after the worst 45 mins in 9 months, in the biggest Game of the Season, i'll never know..

In a word & i only need one word, we were <deleted> appaling, p*ss poor, dreadful, woeful, lacking, pathetic, a joke, shameful..

Dispicable performance for the 4.5k who travelled & Tactically awful last night..

Worst performance, by a million miles, by the Team under the new Management & how they didn't make a Sub after the worst 45 mins in 9 months, in the biggest Game of the Season, i'll never know..

C'mon Singhy,don't beat about the bush,tell us what you really think.

C'mon Singhy,don't beat about the bush,tell us what you really think.

I nominate MS as the most honest fan / supporter? :o (see stevie for an explanation) on TV. :D

Poor old Singer, I really wanted your boys to go through so we could knock you out in the later stages! haha chin up son! :o

Poor old Singer, I really wanted your boys to go through so we could knock you out in the later stages! haha chin up son! :D

<deleted> it, sh*t Cup anyway... :D

I have a complete pox of a day because of it too & having reflected, can't believe that the Management obviously didn't take the Game seriously as showed in their leaving out/resting of 2 of our better Players that are key to our passing Game, Collison & Di Michele..

Honestly, i can take posetives out of every Game, i really can, but the only posetives i could take out of that performance were firstly we saw & now know why Sears hasn't started as many call for & secondly, the Squad when it doesn't have the first choice 11, is nowhere near strong enough & we're gonna pay the price for not replacing Bellamy..

& they're the posetives, don't get me started on the negatives... :D

& as for the honesty, firstly i'm a West Ham Fan but secondly i'm a Football Fan & i have watched that Club & the various Teams it's had over the Yearts since i was 5 having Season Tickets EVERY Year up until emigration time travelling the length & breadth of the Country sometimes at very unsociable hours & i'm not one of those that believe just because it's my Club, my Life, my Religeon & my people, we're whiter than white & everything we do is great, cos it simply isn't & not matter how much i love the Club & want us to win every single Game we play in, i'm also it's biggest critic ..

But that's love for you i suppose... :o

Very good win last night..

Absolutely great Goal too..

Sending off was harsh but only the rules & for Steve Bruce to come out & say the Ref should have used his common sense is idiocy, if the Refs used their common snes e& didn't implement the laws, they'd be demoted..

Don't think that particular Ref is ready for the Prem yet though, he's 26 years old & looked lost at times..

The Cattermole Challenge was dreadful..

Another injury though to Collison though due to Studs/Pitch, Ligaments by the looks of it..

Good win for us, very important too, now WBA at home & Blackburn away next 2 up, onwards & upwards West Ham..

Sending off was harsh but only the rules & for Steve Bruce to come out & say the Ref should have used his common sense is idiocy, if the Refs used their common snes e& didn't implement the laws, they'd be demoted..

Don't think that particular Ref is ready for the Prem yet though, he's 26 years old & looked lost at times..

Another injury though to Collison though due to Studs/Pitch, Ligaments by the looks of it..

Good win for us, very important too, now WBA at home & Blackburn away next 2 up, onwards & upwards West Ham..

Great win, but 2 lose Beharami & Collinson in a week is a disaster !! for me our 2 best players , just hope he plays one of the hot dog sellers in midfield instead of bring back Boa Morte !!!!!!!!!!!!

Thought Neill should have gone for his tackle, and the ref should have gone full stop !!

Great win, but 2 lose Beharami & Collinson in a week is a disaster !! for me our 2 best players , just hope he plays one of the hot dog sellers in midfield instead of bring back Boa Morte !!!!!!!!!!!!

Thought Neill should have gone for his tackle, and the ref should have gone full stop !!

I honestly didn't think the Neill tackle was that bad, not a patch on Cattermole's anyway..

But the Ref at that stage would have had a mutiny on his hands if he sent Neill off ( first half too )..

& i agree about Behrami & Collison, Collison out for possibly not as long though but Behrami is probably the Season..

==========

Jack Collison could be back in action within a month - despite appearing to suffer an horrific injury during last night's 1-0 win at Wigan.

The 20-year-old midfielder appeared to suffer a similar fate to that which effectively ended Valon Bahrami's season late on in last night's game when he lost his footing on the touchline with no other players around him, twisting his leg awkwardly in the process.

Collison is due to undergo a scan to determine the extent of the injury later today - although early reports suggest that the damage may not be as severe as was initially feared.

He left the JJB Stadium on foot last night - unlike team mate Behrami last weekend who was taken immediately to hospital - and early suggestions are that the Welsh international may have suffered medial ligament damage, which, depending on the severity, could keep him out from anywhere between one and three months.

Meanwhile Behrami is expected to get the results of his recent scan later today; whilst the player has publically expressed his view that his season is over West Ham will examine those results before making any announcement.

• 4 weeks later...

Easily the coolest Team in the League, English Kids winning Games, Clean Sheets, lovely passing Football & all that without virtually spending a $$... :o

In all seriousness, another good/great result with one of the most peculiar West Ham Team's i have ever seen that was incredibly patched up..

No Parker, no Kovac, no Cole, no Collison, no Behrami, no Ashton, Neill playing in Centre Midfield, a 19 Year old Centre Back, a 19 Year Old Left Winger, LBM on the Right hand side of Midfield & no replacement for Bellamy yet we're still getting results, it is pretty unbelieveable to me..

COME ON YOU IRONS.

Edited by MSingh

• 3 weeks later...

Happy days, COYI..

LONDON, April 25 (Reuters) - West Ham United manager Gianfranco Zola has pledged his long-term future to the east London club by signing a new contract until 2013.The 42-year-old Italian put pen to paper after Saturday's 1-0 Premier League home defeat by his former team Chelsea at Upton Park."I'm delighted to have signed the contract," Zola told the club's official website (www.whufc.com).Zola, one of the greatest overseas players to grace the Premier League, originally signed a three-year deal in September after replacing Alan Curbishley.The ex-Italy striker had limited managerial experience when he was appointed but has steered the side to eighth place in the league.Zola, a former Italy under-21 assistant coach, said he expected his number two Steve Clarke, another former Chelsea player, to also sign a new deal with an announcement due next week.Chief executive Scott Duxbury said: "We hope we can achieve success this season but we're very much looking at the long-term with Gianfranco. It is a very bright future for West Ham."