West Ham Thread

EastSaxCol

Well did have that Dark/Navy Blue Kit when we wont at OT on the last day a few Years back.

To be fair, that one was at least tasteful. Even if it did look like a baseball shirt. :D

HH, can i ask you a question, are you aware what were the Club's ( WHUFC i mean, not TI ) first ever Colours & if so or if not, could i interest you in one ?? :)

Yes, I am. I'm also aware that Burnley wore pink and white striped shirts and ColU brown and pink squares. Don't make it right though. :D

Well did have that Dark/Navy Blue Kit when we wont at OT on the last day a few Years back.

To be fair, that one was at least tasteful. Even if it did look like a baseball shirt. :D

HH, can i ask you a question, are you aware what were the Club's ( WHUFC i mean, not TI ) first ever Colours & if so or if not, could i interest you in one ?? :)

Yes, I am. I'm also aware that Burnley wore pink and white striped shirts and ColU brown and pink squares. Don't make it right though. :D

:D It's Salmon.. :D

HH, can i ask you a question, are you aware what were the Club's ( WHUFC i mean, not TI ) first ever Colours & if so or if not, could i interest you in one ?? :D

Salmon Pink, I think is the literal term. :)

Salmon Pink, I think is the literal term. :)

Here are the first 2 Shirts we had & if she says their Salmon, they're Salmon... :D

WOW. Yes !!! :D

No wonder Barca changed their away kits for the coming year to this colour.

Hammers confirm Neill is leaving

West Ham have confirmed that Australia defender Lucas Neill is to leave Upton Park, with Manchester City already linked with his services.

The Hammers made a "significant offer" to the out-of-contract full-back, 31, who was keen to secure a 12-month deal in order to take him up to next summer's World Cup in South Africa.

However, Neill, who controversially turned down an offer from Liverpool to join the London club in January 2007, rejected their proposal in order to pursue "other opportunities", according to West Ham's website.

Joining the former Blackburn player through the Upton Park exit are Diego Tristan, Lee Bowyer, Walter Lopez, Kyel Reid, Tony Stokes and Jimmy Walker.

In addition, the loans of Jan Lastuvka, Radoslav Kovac and David Di Michele have ended and will not be renewed.

Coming the other way are Calum Davenport and Julien Faubert, whose respective loan spells at Sunderland and Real Madrid have ended

No wonder Barca changed their away kits for the coming year to this colour.

Well similar. The Barca strip is called "Mango" colour. Sublime football aside , if I were to choose between the West Ham girl and the Barca strip, I know which would get my vote as the being the real 'maa muang'.

post-20082-1244120516.jpg

Edited by Happy Hammer

Looks like another <deleted> to be wearing a West Ham shirt next season! :)

Hammers keen on Frenchman

West Ham are targeting a move for Rennes defender Rod Fanni as a possible replacement for Lucas Neill, skysports.com understands.

The Hammers are in the market for a new right-back after seeing Lucas Neill leave Upton Park at the end of his contract.

Fanni has been linked with a move to England in the past and the Hammers are now weighing up a move for the French international.

The player's agent Dominique Six has admitted West Ham have enquired about Fanni, but there have been no offers for the full-back.

"It's true that we have spoken to West Ham scout Roger Cross who has asked about information on Rod," Six told skysports.com.

"We have had no offers for Rod and West Ham would need to speak to Rennes if they want to do that.

"We believe England would be a good option for Rod, but it depends on Rennes.

"There is also interest from clubs in Spain and Bayern Munich."

Looks like another <deleted> to be wearing a West Ham shirt next season! :)

Hammers keen on Frenchman

West Ham are targeting a move for Rennes defender Rod Fanni as a possible replacement for Lucas Neill, skysports.com understands.

The Hammers are in the market for a new right-back after seeing Lucas Neill leave Upton Park at the end of his contract.

Fanni has been linked with a move to England in the past and the Hammers are now weighing up a move for the French international.

The player's agent Dominique Six has admitted West Ham have enquired about Fanni, but there have been no offers for the full-back.

"It's true that we have spoken to West Ham scout Roger Cross who has asked about information on Rod," Six told skysports.com.

"We have had no offers for Rod and West Ham would need to speak to Rennes if they want to do that.

"We believe England would be a good option for Rod, but it depends on Rennes.

"There is also interest from clubs in Spain and Bayern Munich."

:D

If only our Julian was still at Left Back... :D

Hammers confirm Neill is leaving

West Ham have confirmed that Australia defender Lucas Neill is to leave Upton Park, with Manchester City already linked with his services.

The Hammers made a "significant offer" to the out-of-contract full-back, 31, who was keen to secure a 12-month deal in order to take him up to next summer's World Cup in South Africa.

However, Neill, who controversially turned down an offer from Liverpool to join the London club in January 2007, rejected their proposal in order to pursue "other opportunities", according to West Ham's website.

Joining the former Blackburn player through the Upton Park exit are Diego Tristan, Lee Bowyer, Walter Lopez, Kyel Reid, Tony Stokes and Jimmy Walker.

In addition, the loans of Jan Lastuvka, Radoslav Kovac and David Di Michele have ended and will not be renewed.

Coming the other way are Calum Davenport and Julien Faubert, whose respective loan spells at Sunderland and Real Madrid have ended

Conflicting Reports as per usual but i've heard that Lucas " I joined for Footballing reasons " Neill leaving the Club isn't a done deal..

Mind you City would be an obvious option as destination for someone like Lucas, if you catch my drift', & theyre starting to get heavily linked unsurprisingly now with the Hughes connection & their new found wealth.... :)

& they're gonna go after Kovac & attempt to make his move permanent too..

Well i've been holding off writing it but i have to get it off my Chest..

I've got one of those feelings, one of those bad feelings..

We're Financially F.C.U.K.E.D. big time & i just have a bad, bad feeling about things..

We dreafully short of Playing Staff too, incredibly short to be honest.

I'm worried..

I hope Lucas is going, I noticed a lack of effort from him in some games, and also I felt he gave away too many penalties and free kicks since joining us.

The Frenchie seems a good player.

The size of the squad is an issue and with Freddie going out on loan it looks a lot smaller, but if Faubert comes back he can fill in for Lucas. We can save a bit of cash for a good midfielder who can work from deep, and apparently old LN salary was quite high.

Edited by beano2274

I hope Lucas is going, I noticed a lack of effort from him in some games, and also I felt he gave away too many penalties and free kicks since joining us.

The Frenchie seems a good player.

The size of the squad is an issue and with Freddie going out on loan it looks a lot smaller, but if Faubert comes back he can fill in for Lucas. We can save a bit of cash for a good midfielder who can work from deep, and apparently old LN salary was quite high.

My Old Man says the same thing about Neill, he did have a good second half of the Season though to be fair..

Green's massively important & has rejected a Contract which petrifies me & we've just bought a Hungarian Keeper..

Sears needs to go out on loan, would have preferred WBA than Weds though..

I still have a foolish hope for Faubert..

We need Players in though & it's the strength in depth that worries me as currently on the Books we have 2 Strikers, Cole & Ashton who is injured more often than not..

The Midfield is ok, Parker, Noble, Behrami, Collison, Stanislas, LBM & Dyer if fit is good for me..

Defensively Upson i hope stays, Tomkins is good, Gabbidon just coming back from 18 months out of the Game, Collins always injured, Spector seems to be too, Widdowson & Spence got released so we're not blessed with bundles defensively..

T'is worrying me thinks..

I think Rob Green will move if he gets a top 4 team, but he might find himself playing second fiddle to another top goalie, the decision is be in the limelight to get in Capello's team or not.

Mathew Upson, might be on his way, I think Wenger will try and get him back to the Gunners.

LBM not sure of, never liked, but last couple of games he did a few good things.

Yes our defensive is also short, but if we can keep Mattie Upson and Rob, and the guys who are injured come back, and we don't pick up any injuries pre season, then we might have a solid line.

I agree Cole and Ashton, is a bit thin, we need another one or two there, Freddie staying would have been okay, or why not get old Michael Owen, on a pay per appearance deal. Other choices could be guys in Italy, using our links and the backroom staff we have.

I think a top ten finish is a definite again.

We done well granted but not sure it was a " heroic stand " & think that's a bit too much to be honest... :)

" Sadly, however, with Barcelona’s treble and looming World Cup qualifiers West Ham’s heroic stand has gone largely unnoticed. "

We done well granted but not sure it was a " heroic stand " & think that's a bit too much to be honest... :)

" Sadly, however, with Barcelona’s treble and looming World Cup qualifiers West Ham’s heroic stand has gone largely unnoticed. "

I wondered about that sentence, then just put it down as something of poetic license amidst an otherwise reasonable enough article. But that doesn't mean that I necessarily share the writers optimism or long term analysis. Although it's true in football terms that at West Ham there has been a steady enough - albeit unspectacular - ship built up until now. How next season unfolds in Gianfranco's "difficult second season" and under new ownership will be interesting.

" Sadly, however, with Barcelona's treble and looming World Cup qualifiers West Ham's heroic stand has gone largely unnoticed. "

I wondered about that sentence, then just put it down as something of poetic license amidst an otherwise reasonable enough article. But that doesn't mean that I necessarily share the writers optimism or long term analysis. Although it's true in football terms that at West Ham there has been a steady enough - albeit unspectacular - ship built up until now. How next season unfolds in Gianfranco's "difficult second season" and under new ownership will be interesting.

Fingers crossed & the Ownership stuff worries me immensely even thouhg i have the upmost faith in Z&C, it juts worries me that they won't have complete control of things..

seems sale is the word of the day...

West Ham takeover deal completed

Owner Bjorgolfur Gudmundsson has resigned from the club's board

West Ham have been taken over by asset management company CB Holding.

Chairman Bjorgolfur Gudmundsson and vice-chairman Asgeir Fridgeirsson have resigned from the club's board.

The new non-executive chairman will be Andrew Bernhardt, a senior director with Straumur Bank, which is the major shareholder of CB Holding.

He told the club's website: "I can assure fans we will sanction investment in new players, but all within the parameters of sensible budgeting."

He added: "CB Holding has no intention of changing the executive management or direction of this club.

"It will be my job to help facilitate this continued process on the pitch, while ensuring the club's success is built on a strong financial footing.

"We have an initial two-year plan which includes improving the infrastructure at the club and we will be getting to work on this as soon as the new board is appointed."

CB Holding was set up by the creditors of Hansa, West Ham's holding company.

Duckers speaks..

We're in a mess in my opinion...

Scott Duxbury has been speaking about both his and the club's future in the wake of today's announcement that West Ham United FC had been sold.

Chief Executive Officer Duxbury - who has been effectively running the club for much of the season - along with long-standing Financial Director Nick Igoe has retained his position in the board reshuffle which saw the departure of Bjorgolfur Gudmundsson and second-in-command Asgeir Friedgeirsson following a troubled two-years of Icelandic ownership. The duo have been replaced by (Non-Executive Club Chairman) Andrew Bernhardt of CB Holdings.

"I am delighted to say that West Ham United has been sold in an agreement that will secure the long-term future of this football club," said Duxbury, speaking on whufc.com. "Change is always unsettling, but I believe the new owners led by Andrew Bernhardt will bring stability to West Ham United and I hope all our staff and fans will join me in welcoming them to our club.

"This will allow us all to concentrate on next season and beyond, with Gianfranco Zola, technical director Gianluca Nani and I working to build on what we have achieved. We are all committed to a long-term vision.

"We are playing great football, have our Academy at the heart of the club and are looking to the past to move forward in the right way. I can assure all fans that I will never lose sight of this. I am determined to bring success to West Ham United."

Unconfirmed reports suggest that the club has been sold for around £100million.

The 'CB' in CB Holdings is understood to stand for 'Claret and Blue', according to the Guardian. The group is owned by a consortium of creditors - Straumur (70%), Landsbanki, NP and Byr (30%) - and is understood to have been created for the purposes of purchasing the club.

Official Site too..

Word in da Hood is that we will now be Sold again within the next 3 Months with Bids coming from the US & Asia because the Asian Consortium ion particular wanted nothing to do with anything & anyone that worked for BG due to the absolute mess that the Club's Finances are in..

http://www.whufc.com/page/News/0,,12562~1688162,00.html

Mike Ashley should be cashed up by then, surely as its some kind of administrator theyll take whatever theyre offered for the club as football clubs seem like money pits these days.

Official Site too..

Word in da Hood is that we will now be Sold again within the next 3 Months with Bids coming from the US & Asia because the Asian Consortium ion particular wanted nothing to do with anything & anyone that worked for BG due to the absolute mess that the Club's Finances are in..

http://www.whufc.com/page/News/0,,12562~1688162,00.html

Mike Ashley should be cashed up by then, surely as its some kind of administrator theyll take whatever theyre offered for the club as football clubs seem like money pits these days.

He's a Cockney to you, & a Geordie to us, he's <deleted> neither, just a Mongrel... :)

I wonder how close we really were to being in REAL trouble ??

Maybe best we don't know, scary really...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/simonaustin/200...over_means.html

" Sadly, however, with Barcelona's treble and looming World Cup qualifiers West Ham's heroic stand has gone largely unnoticed. "

Fingers crossed & the Ownership stuff worries me immensely ...

Even more worrying if this is true.

If that is true it looks as if your lot will be the first to go under through foreign owners putting huge debt onto the club for players ..... At least Mike Ashley was stupid enough to loan the club money out of his own pocket as opposed to putting more debt onto the club.

How much are West Ham in debt, there doesnt seem to be any figures?

If that is true it looks as if your lot will be the first to go under through foreign owners putting huge debt onto the club for players ..... At least Mike Ashley was stupid enough to loan the club money out of his own pocket as opposed to putting more debt onto the club.

I don't think, as a Club, we are San..

I always said i'd still love us in the Conference, seems as though that'll be put to the test in the next 5 or so Years... :D

Anyway, this puts things into perspective, great advert.. :)

Anyway, this puts things into perspective, great advert.. :D

Your head scout?

There's plenty wrong with us at the moment but Scouting isn't one of them, i'd say he works in our Accounts Department to be more accurate.. :)

£141.9 mil, according to this Premier League of Debt.