West Ham Thread

EastSaxCol

Savio gone to Fiorentina, what a strange situation that all was for 6 Months or so, 3m with a 50% sell on fee..

A Portugese Centre Back coming our way in the deal so expect Collins or Upson to be gone today..

No hint of another Striker coming in so that probbaly means there'll be 3 before the Window shuts.. :)

British media report Mark Viduka is set to sign with West Ham

September 04, 2009

Socceroos striker Mark Viduka is on the verge of a move to Barclays Premier League side West Ham United, according to reports in the British media.

Viduka, who is currently a free agent after his contract with Newcastle United expired at the end of last season, had been the subject of recent interest from Fulham and Portsmouth.

However, Fulham boss Roy Hodgson revealed last month the 33-year-old was ready to quit England after a nine-year stint which has included spells with Leeds and Middlesbrough, to play in Croatia.

But according to the Daily Mail, Viduka is now in talks with West Ham, and a club statement said Hammers coach Gianfranco Zola is 'discussing the possibility of an out of contract striker joining the club.'

Former West Ham captain Lucas Neill, who is still looking for a club after rejecting a new contract from the east Londoners, is close to putting pen to paper on a two-year deal with Spanish side Atletico Madrid.

The Socceroos defender is believed to have turned his back on England due to new tax laws which will see high earners taxed 50 per cent of their earnings.

The La Liga side have reportedly earmarked Neill as a replacement for Dutch defender John Heitinga, who joined Everton earlier this week.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,2...5-29437,00.html

Savio gone to Fiorentina, what a strange situation that all was for 6 Months or so, 3m with a 50% sell on fee..

A Portugese Centre Back coming our way in the deal so expect Collins or Upson to be gone today..

No hint of another Striker coming in so that probbaly means there'll be 3 before the Window shuts.. :)

He looks like a world beater on youtube and was highly thought of in Italy, but invariably failed to impress for us. Stanislas looks a much better prospect, so good bye and good luck Savio.

Hope this defender is up to the job because I rated Collins.

He looks like a world beater on youtube and was highly thought of in Italy, but invariably failed to impress for us. Stanislas looks a much better prospect, so good bye and good luck Savio.

Hope this defender is up to the job because I rated Collins.

Me too, Collins was possibly my favourite Player..

Don't think the new Guy is a starter though, yet..

I reckon we'll be going Tomkins/Gabbidon partnering Upson at Centre Half..

The Reserves beat Brum 6-0 last night..

Behrami played over an hour, Hines got a Hat Trick & Diamante got a brace of Free Kicks, here they are..

Hines is knocking on the Door now, came off the Bench in Beijing & scored, came off the Bench against the Millwally's & scored & is scoring Goals left, right & centre for the Reserves too, happy days..

• 3 weeks later...

West Ham & Millwall charged by FA

Fans invade the Upton Park pitch at full time

By Frank Keogh

West Ham and Millwall have been hit with several Football Association charges following the crowd trouble that marred their Carling Cup match.

They are expected to contest the accusations of failing to control their fans at the game on 25 August.

Both clubs are alleged to have taken insufficient action to stop missile throwing and violent, threatening and racist behaviour at Upton Park.

The Hammers face four charges, while Millwall must answer three.

A Millwall supporter was stabbed as fans clashed outside the east London ground and pitch invasions by West Ham fans followed each of their side's goals in the 3-1 extra-time win.

West Ham's Carlton Cole and Millwall's Jason Price also alleged they were racially abused by supporters.

We do acknowledge the appalling behaviour of a minority of fans inside the stadium

A total of 200 seats and a toilet block in the visiting supporters' section of the ground are understood to have been damaged.

Millwall say they are "shocked and disappointed" by the charges levelled against them.

A club spokesman said: "We maintain we did everything in our power in regard to ticketing arrangements for this game. We expressed our concerns in advance about ticket allocations and arrangements in general.

"It was widely acknowledged that none of our supporters came on to the pitch and indeed the behaviour and forbearance of our fans brought praise from media observers on the night.

"Our question for the Football Association is what can Millwall Football Club do to control individuals' actions once inside our opponents' stadium?"

West Ham plan to review the charges before responding but are expected to make a strong defence.

"In advance of the Millwall match, the club followed the strict advice of the relevant authorities at every stage of the planning process," said a club spokesman.

"That full co-operation continued on the night, with the club working closely with police on a carefully set-out plan that was initiated and approved by the independent safety advisory group.

"We do acknowledge the appalling behaviour of a minority of fans inside the stadium and, in conjunction with police, will continue to take strong and appropriate action against anyone found responsible."

An FA statement alleges the clubs did not ensure their supporters conducted themselves in an orderly fashion "in and around the ground".

Both West Ham and Millwall face charges of failing to ensure their fans refrained from:

- Violent, threatening, obscene and provocative behaviour

- Racist behaviour

- Throwing missiles, harmful or dangerous objects on to the pitch

West Ham are also charged with failing to ensure their supporters did not enter the field of play.

The FA has liaised with the Metropolitan Police and received reports from both clubs, who have 14 days to respond to the charges.

Fans identified as troublemakers will face lifetime bans, the FA has said.

Details of possible sanctions if the clubs are found guilty have not been revealed, although it appears heavy fines are an option, with West Ham facing the biggest punishment.

Previous records of dealing with crowd behaviour will also be taken into account, while footage from 47 closed circuit television cameras inside Upton Park is being examined as police inquiries continue.

West Ham, who were knocked out of the competition by Bolton Wanderers after extra-time last Tuesday, have received information from fans after photos from the night were published on their website and in a match programme.

The club have already issued 10 lifetime banning orders, including a number to supporters who identified themselves as pitch invaders.

Both teams have held reputations in the past for attracting a hooligan following and Millwall have particularly sought to change the club's image, which has been blighted by violence.

The club complained before the match when their ticket allocation was halved to 1,500 following a police request.

Hundreds of supporters were thought to have turned up for the game without tickets.

It was the first time the east London rivals had played each other since April 2005.

Eyewitness reports suggested opposing fans threw bottles and bricks at each other and started small fires as police moved in to try to quell the disturbances outside the ground.

Inside the stadium, police and stewards battled to remove fans from the pitch throughout the match.

West Ham are likely to tell the FA they complied with requests made by the police-led safety advisory group, which met twice before the match, and point to the fact there were no direct clashes between the opposing supporters inside the ground.

At the time Hammers boss Gianfranco Zola said he was "shocked" by the crowd trouble, adding he had not seen anything like it in seven years as a player in England.

Sports minister Gerry Sutcliffe labelled the incidents "a disgrace to football", while former West Ham manager Harry Redknapp said the sides should not be allowed to meet again.

Not hypocritical in the slighteast the FA are they ??

I mean, someone goes on the Pitch at OT last week & forces a City Player to lash out ( Hughes words not mine :D ), 200 or so Sp*rs Fans get charged with God know what aside from Homophobic & Racial Abuse at Fratton Park last Year yet nothing happens to the Club & El Hadj Diouf gets accused of an " altercation " with a Ball Boy & Racial Abuse but nothing will happen, the Met ignore both WH & M Clubs fears that the Millwall allocation being cut by a Third is a bad idea & the Met follow that up by having less than two thirds less Officers on duty for that Game than West Ham V T*ttenham the previous Sunday..

West Ham & Millwall on the other hand.........................

Throw the Book, bravo FA.. :)

I mean, someone goes on the Pitch at OT last week & forces a City Player to lash out ...

"A fan who ran on to the Old Trafford pitch and was shoved by Manchester City's Craig Bellamy has been banned from attending matches for three years.

Jake Clarke, 21, from Chorley, Lancashire, admitted sprinting on to the pitch during Manchester United's 4-3 win over City. "

Strange, I though that was an automatic life ban ? :)

Hello HH......

Pity he was,nt streaking for his one minute of fame,..................... followed by a load of hassle,.....who are dressed in blue.

He would have certainly made more of an impact on the football press. :)

Red Card Ref.

Up The Blades

I miss your remarks in the Sheff Utd Forum Singhy........naturally.

Edited by soihok

I mean, someone goes on the Pitch at OT last week & forces a City Player to lash out ...

"A fan who ran on to the Old Trafford pitch and was shoved by Manchester City's Craig Bellamy has been banned from attending matches for three years.

Jake Clarke, 21, from Chorley, Lancashire, admitted sprinting on to the pitch during Manchester United's 4-3 win over City. "

Strange, I though that was an automatic life ban ? :)

Exactly my point though HH, the Club don't get charged for it do they, yet we are for allowing that same thing to happen ??

Not hypocritical in the slighteast the FA are they ??

I mean, someone goes on the Pitch at OT last week & forces a City Player to lash out ( Hughes words not mine :D ), 200 or so Sp*rs Fans get charged with God know what aside from Homophobic & Racial Abuse at Fratton Park last Year yet nothing happens to the Club & El Hadj Diouf gets accused of an " altercation " with a Ball Boy & Racial Abuse but nothing will happen, the Met ignore both WH & M Clubs fears that the Millwall allocation being cut by a Third is a bad idea & the Met follow that up by having less than two thirds less Officers on duty for that Game than West Ham V T*ttenham the previous Sunday..

West Ham & Millwall on the other hand.........................

Throw the Book, bravo FA.. :)

It seems like the game was mismanaged on purpose. I can't believe that West Ham did not have the hindsight to see that there would be crowd control problems. I have no idea why Millwall are being fined apart from the fact that they are Millwall.

Edited by Geekfreaklover

It seems like the game was mismanaged on purpose.

And what sinister machinations at work do you hold for this particular conspiracy theory ?

I can't believe that West Ham did not have the hindsight to see that there would be crowd control problems.

But they did. And that's why the ticket allocation for away supporters was reduced by 2,000

I have no idea why Millwall are being fined apart from the fact that they are Millwall.

Specific charges relating to West Ham United FC include:

•Failure to ensure their supporters refrained from violent, threatening, obscene and provocative behaviour.

•Failure to ensure their supporters refrained from racist behaviour.

•Failure to ensure their supporters didn’t throw missiles, harmful or dangerous objects onto the pitch.

•Failure to ensure their supporters didn’t enter the field of play.

Specific charges relating to Millwall FC include:

•Failure to ensure their supporters refrained from violent, threatening, obscene and provocative behaviour.

•Failure to ensure their supporters refrained from racist behaviour.

•Failure to ensure their supporters didn’t throw missiles, harmful or dangerous objects onto the pitch.

The Met.

Met, that's means ants in Thai doesn't it. :) Not trying to take over the world I hope. :D

Seriously though, there are questions about the level of policing in comparison to other games at UP. But less a conspiracy (for whatever reason ?) more just ineptitude I'd reckon.

But the ultimate blame must lie with the minority of mindless thugs who continue to bring the game and respective clubs into disrepute.

post-20082-1254397634_thumb.jpg

The word you are struggling to find is 'mot' for ant 'mot deang' Red ant 'mot deng loong' Red ant going down. Hope that clears it up.

Not struggling, son. Just a matter of getting a classifier mixed-up with a noun. It does happen -- with this particular instance, quite often with me in fact. Less a struggle, more a memory issue concerning an 'e' or and 'o' in a three-letter transliteration.

But thanks for lesson in passa Thai anyway.

That said watching Millwall this season is like watching a game of snakes and ladders. Without the ladders.

Given your insufferable arrogance. Ladders I hope.

Koon khon ying chai mai. :)

Edited by Happy Hammer

The word you are struggling to find is 'mot' for ant 'mot deang' Red ant 'mot deng loong' Red ant going down. Hope that clears it up.

Not struggling, son. Just a matter of getting a classifier mixed-up with a noun. It does happen -- with this particular instance, quite often with me in fact. Less a struggle, more a memory issue concerning an 'e' or and 'o' in a three-letter transliteration.

That said watching Millwall this season is like watching a game of snakes and ladders. Without the ladders.

Admit it happy hammer it must hurt having Millwall correct you on your grammar and language skills (English and Thai). (here's arrogrance) Setting aside the fact we played you off the pitch until you decided to invade it we have to pick up your costs.

Insufferable arrogance? Where?

Here.

Pom ben pho Chai. Ben Millwall. 'Mi me kon chop puak-rao . Mai pen rai.'

Admit it happy hammer it must hurt having Millwall correct you on your grammar and language skills (English and Thai). (here's arrogrance) Setting aside the fact we played you off the pitch until you decided to invade it we have to pick up your costs.

Oh dear, just don't get it do you. :)

Insufferable arrogance? Where?

Tee NOON.

Pom ben pho Chai. Ben Millwall. 'Mi me kon chop puak-rao . Mai pen rai.'

When attempting to write even the most basic Romanised transliteration of Thai, it's best to get into the habit of adding the poliite particle/affirmation, i.e. khrup

HTH

Bloody hel_l , I'm going to start charging you by each post soon.

Now, further West Ham United related posts would be appreciated. :D

Pai leow donee. Mai tow tee nai, khrup. :D

Jake Clarke, 21, from Chorley, Lancashire,

Typical United fan. Not from Manchester at all but from Chorley. There are loads of teams much nearer to where he lives. Blackburn, Bolton, Wigan, Burnley are all premier and all very close.

All of them about as appealing as spending Saturday afternoon in an acid batch.

Jake Clarke, 21, from Chorley, Lancashire,

Typical United fan. Not from Manchester at all but from Chorley. There are loads of teams much nearer to where he lives. Blackburn, Bolton, Wigan, Burnley are all premier and all very close.

All of them about as appealing as spending Saturday afternoon in an acid batch.

Home counties Mancs are the worse, trust me. As anyone whose been on the train to Old Trafford will testify. :)

Edit : Why bother..

Edited by MSingh

We do not have the personel to play the Formation that Zola wants to play, quite clearly..

The Players we have at our disposal are not good enpough to play it, understandably so when you think about our Finacial position.

If he continues to persist with it, we are going to finish a few places off of the Relegation Zone, for sure..

Very, very important Stanislas Goal last night, phew...