Bank foreclosing on gf's house?

undurraga

2 hours ago, JAFO said:

Absolutely Deepinthailand, my sentiment exactly. If you read this forum on events like these it appears there is an overwhelming opinion that there is an incredibly large population of scamming Thai women that do nothing but plot and plan to part foreigners from their money(I'd love a poll on where these men met their GF's Wife etc)  With that said  I bet statistically this type of "scamming" is just a small % of the women here. Posts like the OP's only draws the bitter, irritated, embarrassed ones out to complain about their misfortunes and look for the "misery loves company" environment (interestingly it works).  

To me the OP's post is really odd in that if he read what he wrote and sat back and thought about it, common sense would prevail and  he would not need to be posting it looking for advice from 10 or so other guys that missed the boat as well.

The good thing is there many of us that know better and really just chuckle at the constant barrage of generalizing statements that "All Thai women", or "99% of all Thai women" etc etc are scammers and cheats etc. Its the farthest from the truth. Its a minority in the big picture.

I never said anything about all Thai women.  Just that this loan thing smells fishy and that I do not intend on "paying" it off.  Wanted to get the opinions from some of the well meaning old hands that have seen a lot more than I have, and for the most part they have confirmed my suspicion and given sound advice.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, undurraga said:

I never said anything about all Thai women.  Just that this loan thing smells fishy and that I do not intend on "paying" it off.  Wanted to get the opinions from some of the well meaning old hands that have seen a lot more than I have, and for the most part they have confirmed my suspicion and given sound advice.

If you class what is on here as sound advise then your in trouble. Confirmed your  suspicions which you probably got by reading other threads about this in the first place. But hey your life your money your choice. just Rember the old hands may not have seen it as they say maybe heard it or read it same as you and belive it. 

Edited by Deepinthailand

2 minutes ago, Deepinthailand said:

If you class what is on here as sound advise then your in trouble. Confirmed your  suspicions which you probably got by reading other threads about this in the first place. But hey your life your money your choice. just Rember the old hands may not have seen it as they say maybe heard it or read it same as you and belive it. 

I've experienced what has happened to me.  Perhaps (hopefully) I'll be wiser next time around.  Will come back next year to LOS and see if gf is still in her house and ask her to show me the papers concerning the "loan."  Regardless, my intention is to walk away all the wiser but not broke and not bitter - just schooled.

49 minutes ago, undurraga said:

This looks like the path I'll be taking.

You can take that path good , but on this forum you will get rubbish , because you tell the truth and tell like you see it .

you have no hop on Tv , to many unhappy man complaining all the time , the truth hurts people more then you can  imagine .

On 12/10/2016 at 3:01 AM, undurraga said:

"...make sure all the knives are locked away when you tell her."   Seriously?

Don't laugh, my neighbor was writing a letter to his sister in the US, his 'thai wife' thought it was a letter to his ex-wife and stabbed him in the hand with a kitchen knife, his hand was stuck to the table, I had to help him get it unstuck and took him to the hospital  -  she ran off and and I didn't see her for over a year - he had left country by then never to come back.

41 minutes ago, TunnelRat69 said:

Don't laugh, my neighbor was writing a letter to his sister in the US, his 'thai wife' thought it was a letter to his ex-wife and stabbed him in the hand with a kitchen knife, his hand was stuck to the table, I had to help him get it unstuck and took him to the hospital  -  she ran off and and I didn't see her for over a year - he had left country by then never to come back.

Are you  serious 

On 12/10/2016 at 4:18 PM, sanemax said:

If youve been together for 11 years , she must have taken out the loan, or at least knew about it when you were together . She should have discussed it with you previously and not waiting until the banks want the property back .

This also could be one last scam from her , she probably knows that you intend coming to live in the house in the future , she may not want you to go and live with her . 

She may be looking for one last big pay day, before she breaks all contact with you ?

11 years is a long time and it is not easy to walk away.I wonder if the op had a village wedding, at least that shows commitment to the locals,who always have their nose in your biz.They are very old fashion and no marriage,means no commitment.Running a long distance relationship for 11 years would be hard on both.Requests for money to buy land ect would be coming to the gf all the time.They just nag and nag,black heart ect.to they break the girl down,remember face is everything.I read the riot act to the women i am with now,early on.Told her she had to toughen up or send them to me.Normally they don't reach me,but had to physically eject one persistent insurance salesman a long while ago.Word must have got out because haven't seen one for years.

On 12/10/2016 at 4:34 PM, georgemandm said:

Yes very true in what you say but lots of western man come here leave there brains at the airport.

i have seen it were they Say i love her , thai lady that's is and she rips him off .

not sure what it is the darker skin or the black hair.

don't get me wrong I like thai woman a lot but I know how to say NO N O .

You mean you learn't how to say no after once bitten twice shy.Where were your brains the 1st time.Don't under estimate the power of the puss.

3 minutes ago, louse1953 said:

You mean you learn't how to say no after once bitten twice shy.Where were your brains the 1st time.Don't under estimate the power of the puss.

I had lots of pussy in my life and yes I agree with you we all make mistakes but not  twice .

power of the pussy dose not work with me now like it once did haha , not that I am to old just not like it was when I was a kid .

I dont really understand what the issue is, give her the 200k.... its nothing for a Westerner and make her happy.... otherwise just get a new girl friend. All girls need money and 200k does not even buy a new car here in the UK.... on the other hand if you dont love her, then thats different.....

6 minutes ago, amarka said:

I dont really understand what the issue is, give her the 200k.... its nothing for a Westerner and make her happy.... otherwise just get a new girl friend. All girls need money and 200k does not even buy a new car here in the UK.... on the other hand if you dont love her, then thats different.....

Do you know anything about thai woman ?. 

Sounds like you have no idea, give her 200,000 what for .

if he dose that then in years to come the bs will come out again give me give me for something else.

give her the see you later if it was me .

On 12/10/2016 at 5:23 PM, YeahSiam said:

Just say no, move on

This kind of thing bolsters the case for not getting involved with insolvent women no matter how sweet the honey pot.

But you don't know the damage til the damage is done and the bank or loan shark come a knocking.Could be 11 years or more.

On 12/10/2016 at 6:03 PM, sanemax said:

Although I dont think that going into a bank and stating that you are merely "going with a lady" would be enough for them to give you any details about her . You would probably need a marriage certificate or something to show that you were in a relationship or something .

Edit : Sorry misunderstood what you meant .

She just gets the info and shows it to the op,shows it to anyone see likes.

8 minutes ago, georgemandm said:

Do you know anything about thai woman ?. 

Sounds like you have no idea, give her 200,000 what for .

if he dose that then in years to come the bs will come out again give me give me for something else.

give her the see you later if it was me .

That of course is your thinking of what may happen. Other outcomes are available. But in this particular case it's very diffrent been a couple for 11 years for what was it 3 to 4 weeks a year. unless your s monk or in her case nun I would find it hard to belive that either  have been true to each other for 11 months apart. So unless they are both happy to let the other dip there wicks elsewhere. I would suggest not beacuse the percived her ripping him off. That a relationship as this one would never work. But if she has been faithful for the whole time then I would suggest 200000 is a fair price to pay.

On 12/11/2016 at 7:29 AM, meatboy said:

take the above advice,if that what it is,if you have only been visiting 1-3months a yr.you can bet your last dollar there's others visiting TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.after over 35yrs.of hearing and knowing the same old stories,cut your losses and forget it.

What's the problem,they are not married.Was the op a celibate rifle for 9 months in home country.I told my missus i would behave myself when i was a wage slave away,but if Miss Thailand knocked on the door and cooked me a grapow gai,she could stay the night.

20 minutes ago, Deepinthailand said:

That of course is your thinking of what may happen. Other outcomes are available. But in this particular case it's very diffrent been a couple for 11 years for what was it 3 to 4 weeks a year. unless your s monk or in her case nun I would find it hard to belive that either  have been true to each other for 11 months apart. So unless they are both happy to let the other dip there wicks elsewhere. I would suggest not beacuse the percived her ripping him off. That a relationship as this one would never work. But if she has been faithful for the whole time then I would suggest 200000 is a fair price to pay.

You are joking I think to pay some thai woman 200,000 because she has been his gf for 11 years is stupid.

he would have been sending her money for sure I would think and on top give her 200,000 bs .

you have no idea how thai woman think to Most of them it is about the money.

not all but most of them. 

7 minutes ago, georgemandm said:

You are joking I think to pay some thai woman 200,000 because she has been his gf for 11 years is stupid.

he would have been sending her money for sure I would think and on top give her 200,000 bs .

you have no idea how thai woman think to Most of them it is about the money.

not all but most of them. 

Just to correct my post I said visiting for weeks should have been months apologies for that but my point is still valid. and just to correct your post George   Not most but a few.

I have a very good idea of how the vast vast majority 9f Thai women think by the way.

We have no evidence he has been sending monies over but I would expect he has how much we will never know. My point was and is if she has remained Faithfull to him for 11 years married or not then if they are to split 200000 is not a lot to give her as a thankyou

Edited by Deepinthailand

11 hours ago, georgemandm said:

Yes very true but the usufruct is  useless if you marry them .

but it is great   if you are  Single and not get married to one , usufruct holds up .

one thing about Thais never ever be afraid of them , just stand up for your rights .

Unless you are going back to your own country for a long time and are gunna have kids why in the world would you want to get married.Even then you really don't have to.Village marriage,way to go and face saved.A rare win,win.

5 minutes ago, Deepinthailand said:

Just to correct my post I said visiting for weeks should have been months apologies for that but my point is still valid. and just to correct your post George   Not most but a few.

I have a very good idea of how the vast vast majority 9f Thai women think by the way.

We have no evidence he has been sending monies over but I would expect he has how much we will never know. My point was and is if she has remained Faithfull to him for 11 years married or not then if they are to split 200000 is not a lot to give her as a thankyou

You have your  View and I have mine, but no way In the world I would give her more money.

then if you know about thai woman , this woman I am very , very sure he has been getting  her money monthly.

i still stick to most not few , from what I have seen and been told by western man .

yes I agree about the faithful side of it , have been told stories how some play up but I think that is few .

i believe your can't have long  distance relationship in thailand, you live with them here or you take them back home to live with you .

but I holy disagree with you about the 200,000 no way in the world would pay that money out .

Have some friends here who pay a monthly salary to their thai partners and the men live here full time , now that is rubbish.

My first thai tried that one on me and I told her we're to go . 

I do not have a problem giving my partner money to buy food clothes but to give her a salary no way , it is like paying for sex .

never did it back home with my partner nor will I do it here with my thai partner.

10 hours ago, georgemandm said:

5555555555 now that is a joke but you could be the lucky one and you would be one in a million.

read this Tv how many get rip off .

Don't let your issues cloud your thinking george,you have met women that have tried it on,but many here have a different experience.As always you only hear the bad news,the majority of us don't come on TVF  and write how good we have it,we just get on with our fantastic lives.Besides it would be boring.I tell you what,i will start a thread one day, when i have time in my fantastic life,and tell you all how good i have it.Wouldn't even go one page,some like you would come on and say this can't possibly true because something happened in your life.

10 hours ago, electric said:

I agree ... giving your G/F 200,000 would be a big mistake in this particular topic. Save it for your next adventure in LOS

If she loses the house due of foreclosure, most likely she will blame the OP anyway. In her eyes, it'll be all his fault, as he wasn't prepared to cough up more easy money.  55555   

It'll initially be of little consequence to her,  that she got herself into a personal financial pickle of her own making, and chose to risk such a valuable asset as collateral.

On a brighter note ... if the house is repossessed and sold, then her family will be cashed up and perhaps debt free, courtesy of a nice farang that visits 1 month each year.

OP undurraga .... as IAMHERE said it is a "great opportunity for you here" ..... to cut your losses and move on IMHO

There will be no money left out of a bank fire sale.They are morgaged to the hilt and have let this go to til it is too late.

12 minutes ago, georgemandm said:

You have your  View and I have mine, but no way In the world I would give her more money.

then if you know about thai woman , this woman I am very , very sure he has been getting  her money monthly.

i still stick to most not few , from what I have seen and been told by western man .

yes I agree about the faithful side of it , have been told stories how some play up but I think that is few .

i believe your can't have long  distance relationship in thailand, you live with them here or you take them back home to live with you .

but I holy disagree with you about the 200,000 no way in the world would pay that money out .

Have some friends here who pay a monthly salary to their thai partners and the men live here full time , now that is rubbish.

My first thai tried that one on me and I told her we're to go . 

I do not have a problem giving my partner money to buy food clothes but to give her a salary no way , it is like paying for sex .

never did it back home with my partner nor will I do it here with my thai partner.

What you have seen is without question undeniable. however from what you have been told from Westerners probably the same as everyone is told half no less than a quaters truth no sorry maybe an 8th truth the rest is hearsay and we all know about hearsay.

Yes we will never agree on this subject that's for sure. There is a wee bit of common ground like you I belive the paying of a so called monthly salary is pathetic and seems to me it's a way some use to keep her down and let her know who is  the percived boss. 

I know a good few UK men who unlike me (lucky and well planed plus circumstances I won't go into) cannot live here full time. But have met and fallen for there girlfriends here, They send money over yes for sure they do. I know not one lass here who has a another man/thai husband/boyfriend (another urban hyped up myth). So not as you may belive in reality. 

9 hours ago, mokwit said:

Often no debt but sometimes the house is on land owned by Mama. This arrangement could be known as the 'Thai horn of plenty' a constantly refilling glass, as mama borrows against the land  and farang/daughter have to pay it off to avoid losing the house built on it and then mama borrows again ad infinitum. A lady I know had the kind of row a Thai daughter doesn't have with her Mother to get the chanote in her name precisely to avoid this.

There is also the collapsing land loan reverse ponzi where plots of land have been mortgaged to pay the debt on previously mortgaged land until it all comes to a head and a huge payment is required to avoid losing the lot - a friend was handed this after many years of a stable marrige - it's not just her its Mama.

Spot on mate.The family pressure is great.They cop it from a mother that has brainwashed from birth and they know they are gunna cop it from bf/hubby.The daughter gets bad mouthed all over town as being worthless and that face thing clicks in.

9 hours ago, ttthailand said:

Documents from the bank and a sit down to discuss all the details and what happened is what would happen in an honest relationship. I have seen this "I need thousands now or xxx will happen" too many times. Normally from uneducated farm girls who have been out gambling. Friend was notified by his GF that he needed to pay 1 million baht to a loan shark or loose his house. Less that a week later he walked and never looked back, best decision he made in 10 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

I hope he actually met the loan shark and saw the paperwork.If they have been to a loan shark,that means they also owe the max at Talkasaw.

1 minute ago, louse1953 said:

Don't let your issues cloud your thinking george,you have met women that have tried it on,but many here have a different experience.As always you only hear the bad news,the majority of us don't come on TVF  and write how good we have it,we just get on with our fantastic lives.Besides it would be boring.I tell you what,i will start a thread one day, when i have time in my fantastic life,and tell you all how good i have it.Wouldn't even go one page,some like you would come on and say this can't possibly true because something happened in your life.

Don't have one issue at all ,very happy in my life .

just saying as I see it and read about it .

yes very true you hear the bad story's not the good ones 

I agree, but the things I have seen here and the money some man put in to a country we're you can't own land blows me away .

just on Sunday in buriram issan was going to my  Italian restaurant for some food to take home after being away for 8 months and yes he was gone , new bloke trying to sell me some  Hungarian food  no thanks will come back , but I  finally got it out of him we're the old Rome was , around the corner, so of I go to get great food from him tells me her move here new place better , then tells me old places new man move in and say him will go broke for sure so the  jus of the story is one more lamb to the  slaughter  trying to make money here .

just I have seen so much here in the land of smiles and most of it bad , but I do see happy man I think .

like I say not have a issue at all now in my life love every day , when I come here to  visit I get bored so have a read on tv and have some fun with some of the members who get very up set when you put the truth to them .

Home next week not play tv at all when home so lots on here will be happy to see the end of me for a long time , but I am ok with that , never ever take it to  heart , but not like it when I get called a  idiot that gets me , but those man would never say it to your face no balls . 

7 hours ago, Deepinthailand said:

Things do happen all over the world but in my book this is not a real situation just amother thread same as always, were the burnt self appointed sheriff's come out in force to vent there splines on every thai lady beacuse according to them there all the same. RUBISH  I say but let them get on with it only problem is there are people who actually belive it all to be fact

You could be right but the truth is none of us know.I just take most things as they come.The trolls usually have more incredible stories than this.