Korat gets triple-sized Terminal 21

webfact

Korat gets triple-sized Terminal 21

By Chayanit Itthipongmaetee, Staff Reporter -

TERMINAL21-1.jpg

KORAT — A Terminal 21 shopping mall will open in the center of Isaan with all kinds of lifestyle excitement this Monday.

The mixed-use complex Terminal 21 has expanded the realm to the northeast region. Its second branch, Terminal 21 Korat, will stretched up to 7 storeys on a 32-rai land along the city’s Mittraphap highway.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/life/shopping/2016/12/16/korat-gets-triple-sized-terminal-21/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2016-12-16

2 minutes ago, tharae said:

Yep.  The government should stop building shopping malls.  No wait, malls are built by private developers.

Except during Yingluck's reign, when shopping malls proliferated in the north and they were basically underwritten from the trough.  Just visit Chiang Mai's empty shopping malls and tell me that any private developers would have put their money at risk in light of the huge losses the malls are racking up.

Edited by zaphod reborn

18 minutes ago, zaphod reborn said:

Except during Yingluck's reign, when shopping malls proliferated in the north and they were basically underwritten from the trough.  Just visit Chiang Mai's empty shopping malls and tell me that any private developers would have put their money at risk in light of the huge losses the malls are racking up.

Sorry,  not a fan of CM.  Anyway, I agree,  the government should stop working in co-operation with private enterprise, what are they thinking? What's that? I'm taking the P?  No, never.

Edited by tharae
incomplete post

Terminal 21 on the corner, Amway a bit further up the road.

What more could the people of the province need?

PS Korat is more on the edge ("The Gateway") than at the centre of Isaan isn't it?

Edited by Enoon

3 hours ago, HooHaa said:

interesting they dont mention what shops anchor it.

I can't tell you what shops anchor the Terminal 21 at Asoke where I eat lunch a couple of times a week.  I don't know anyone that goes in to buy anything that's not going to be consumed before leaving.  I marvel at all the fashionable kiosks devoid of any customers. The restaurants do a booming business, though.  And the food court is packed.

So I'd have to say it's anchored by the food court...

Just now, impulse said:

I can't tell you what shops anchor the Terminal 21 at Asoke where I eat lunch a couple of times a week.  I don't know anyone that goes in to buy anything that's not going to be consumed before leaving.  I marvel at all the fashionable kiosks devoid of any customers. The restaurants do a booming business, though.  And the food court is packed.

h and m as well as the villa(?) downstairs. also levis etc. not a typical anchor as it were, but theatres and food court certainly.

2 hours ago, HooHaa said:

h and m as well as the villa(?) downstairs. also levis etc. not a typical anchor as it were, but theatres and food court certainly.

I couldn't name H&M and you couldn't remember Gourmet Market.  From a marketing standpoint, that doesn't say great things about them as anchors.

You're probably right about the theater, but I'm rarely there after lunch when people go to the movies.  During lunchtime, the food court is the biggest draw, with dozens of other restaurants bringing in good crowds.

13 hours ago, impulse said:

I was thinking the same thing.  Technically from a western point of view it is a Shopping Centre with no anchor stores as westerners view it, but what draws people there other than window shopping (at the Asok one anyway) is both the restaurants and the food courts - in an air conditioned sort of way.... so yes... food is really the equivalent to an anchor for it.  The rest of the shopping centre is just a modern recreation of the old asian style shopping centers where it contains a building full of small shops (i.e. 3 x 3 meters or there about).

Hope the owners are prepared for the big financial hit they are going to take. Korat already has Tesco, Big C and the Mall etc but as far as I know there has not been a massive boom in the local population so they are going to be spread pretty thin trying to shop in all these places after the novelty has worn off. Not to mention the economy being in the doldrums.

Hope the owners are prepared for the big financial hit they are going to take. Korat already has Tesco, Big C and the Mall etc but as far as I know there has not been a massive boom in the local population so they are going to be spread pretty thin trying to shop in all these places after the novelty has worn off. Not to mention the economy being in the doldrums.

There seems to be a massive boom in transport within Korat. I returned there a few weeks ago after about a 4 year gap from visits. That experience is enough for me to want to keep well away!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

24 minutes ago, DILLIGAD said:

There seems to be a massive boom in transport within Korat. I returned there a few weeks ago after about a 4 year gap from visits. That experience is enough for me to want to keep well away!!!

Exactly, the roads around Tesco, The Mall, and Big C are already congested like hell so they came with the marvelous idea to also open Terminal 21 in that exact same area.

Good luck trying to reach anything in that area between 7AM and 9PM.

Edited by Bob12345

45 minutes ago, Denim said:

And a New Central being built  , also

To be more pedantic, in a stretch of approximately 10 km, there are (build or under construction):
  1. Five big hotels,

2. The Mall

3. IT-Center

4. Klang Plaza

5. Big-C

6. Armway

7. Three BIG Tesco-Lotus outlets

8. Terminal 21

9 Central Plaza with a big hotel built in

10. Six (big) Condominiums

11 Macro

12 Several car parts sellers.

13 FIVE SCHOOLS/UNIVERSITY

14 Two hospitals

15 Global House and Mecca Home

16 Six car branches.

Etc....

And all these on a road which was already too small to hold all the traffic.

What Khorat needs now is a good working accident car towing.

Edited by Confuscious
adding

1 hour ago, Denim said:

Hope the owners are prepared for the big financial hit they are going to take. Korat already has Tesco, Big C and the Mall etc

add Klang Old, Klang New...and the next flagship is in the make already (Paragon type). All these activities in view of Khorat to be the new railway hub between China, Laos and BKK as well as home to an ever-growing clientel (production, trade, admistrative, governmential) moving from submersing BKK to Khorat

add Klang Old, Klang New...and the next flagship is in the make already (Paragon type). All these activities in view of Khorat to be the new railway hub between China, Laos and BKK as well as home to an ever-growing clientel (production, trade, admistrative, governmential) moving from submersing BKK to Khorat

Then were too when Khorat sinks (in water & cars) ????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 12/16/2016 at 4:02 AM, Enoon said:

Terminal 21 on the corner, Amway a bit further up the road.

What more could the people of the province need?

PS Korat is more on the edge ("The Gateway") than at the centre of Isaan isn't it?

Definitely not in the centre. The arse-end of Isaan, I'd say. Or possibly the sphincter of Isaan as everyone/thing has to pass through it from Isaan to Bangers and vice versa. This looks like one more reason to avoid Korat, a city I never warmed to since the first time I visited back in 1990. 

Did anybody go today. it was open? May have been an Open House

for employes family. Wife's niece's husband was there today, the shop

he works at The Mall is opening one at T 21.

Some other things people are not familiar with here in Korat.

There is 3 hospitals inside the moat, Old Korat, plus-

The Army Hospital, Gov. Hospital, Bangkok and St Mary's Hospital's.

2 Markos

2 lotus, Watalay and by The Mall. ( Cho Ha(#3) and new mid size at Phi Mi)

2 Home Pro's, 3 if there's one in T 21.  DoHome & Global House.

2 taxi co's, Baht buses are on fixed routes like BKK and are Bt.8.

Tuk Tuks from The Mall have fixed prices/price list behind the driver.

2 bus stations. 

2 train stations.

Santa gave me Foodland for an early Christmas, Marry Christmas and

a Happier New Years everybody.

rice555 

On 12/18/2016 at 3:34 AM, plachon said:

Definitely not in the centre. The arse-end of Isaan, I'd say. Or possibly the sphincter of Isaan as everyone/thing has to pass through it from Isaan to Bangers and vice versa. This looks like one more reason to avoid Korat, a city I never warmed to since the first time I visited back in 1990. 

Partly true. I reckon only half to two-thirds of Isaan drains  thru Meuang Korat (and much of that bypasses the part of Mittraphap that people are addressing here).

Lower Isaan provinces - much of Buriram, Surin, Sisaket and Ubon 'drain' through highway 24 which runs 25k south of the city

On Friday, December 16, 2016 at 3:39 PM, zaphod reborn said:

Malls before infrastructure.  Who cares about drought, flooding and waste disposal.

Very valid point but I live in Korat and traffic in that part of town during rush hour is simply stupid... how in God's name they are going to deal with the influx of shoppers is beyond me.