Taking your own beer into a bar?

cheapskatesam

5 hours ago, Get Real said:

Solution 1: If you are home when you open your beer you drink it up before you go out, and don´t forget to put the empty bottle in an environment safe place. Don´t litter!

Solution 2: If you buy a beer in another bar, why just not drink it up before you finish and go to the next bar? Here you have the upper advantage and never have do deal with taking good and responsible care of the empty bottles.

Solution 3: If you by any chance don´t understand Solution 1 or Solution 2, please stop drink beer and happily continue with the domestic rice whiskey (Lao Khao)

Seriously! Why would you ask a question like this? Why would anybody want to walk around with a beer bottle drinking outside while walking the streets?

Simple answer SERIOUS ALCOHOLIC

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

rediculous post, would you go into a restaurant and take your own food in,and eat it, of course not, totally disrespectul., why not finish the beer before you go in, i see cheap charlies walking around my soi, with a beer in their hand obviously bought at the 7/11. you would get short shrift from me.

16 hours ago, chiang mai said:

Do the same at restaurants, take your Biggee Burger & Chips and sit down at a table in a nearby eatery and ask the waiter to bring you a glass of water.

When i have been out and about with my Thai wife i have ordered something off the menu and she has gone and bought street food and sat at the table with me eating, no problem

1 hour ago, johnarno said:

US. Servicemen do it all the time, buy their beer from 7/11 and take it into a bar. I saw that happen once when the fleet was in, a crowd of Yanks walked into a go go bar in Walking Street, the boss was English and he promptly threw them all out.

I was in the US Armed forces and never saw this happen, nor have I ever seen it happen anywhere else in America.  I have however brought my own brand of booze or beer and given it to the bar and let them sell it back to me. Most Yanks leave a tip too. Do you Charlie.

Is it ideal ?? no of course not.. 

Is it a huge issue ?? Again not really.. 

I have come into a bar with a beer, as mates migrate from one to another.. Bars easily and quickly know who the spenders and cheap charlies are.. Dont be one of the latter and your welcome at pretty much any establishment. 

6 hours ago, Get Real said:

Solution 1: If you are home when you open your beer you drink it up before you go out, and don´t forget to put the empty bottle in an environment safe place. Don´t litter!

Solution 2: If you buy a beer in another bar, why just not drink it up before you finish and go to the next bar? Here you have the upper advantage and never have do deal with taking good and responsible care of the empty bottles.

Solution 3: If you by any chance don´t understand Solution 1 or Solution 2, please stop drink beer and happily continue with the domestic rice whiskey (Lao Khao)

Seriously! Why would you ask a question like this? Why would anybody want to walk around with a beer bottle drinking outside while walking the streets?

"Why would anybody want to walk around with a beer bottle drinking outside while walking the streets?"

He probably buys the first beer at 7-Eleven for 35 Baht, orders the one in a bar for 65 Baht, so effectively he drinks a 50 Baht beer in a cool place with Wi-Fi and leers at bar girls for free. That's why he calls himself Cheapskate!

7 hours ago, Get Real said:

He must be from Aussie. Walking on the streets with beer in hand is a common problem they are trying to stamp out.

2 hours ago, LannaGuy said:

while you're at it take your coffee into Starbucks with your bag of snacks and take advantage of their seats and free water

The usual tactic is to save an old Starbucks paper cup and drag that one around with you even if it is covered in old finger marks and chewed up after a few months. Fill'er up at one of the cheap street coffee joints and you are good to go. Pattaya CC speciality.

Edited by SheungWan

I always question the mentality of people like the OP.

i assume he is western/farang etc and therefore is highly unlikley to do this in his own country, therefore why does he even consider that it is acceptable in Thailand ? 

i regret having to walk the same streets as these idiots !!! 

2 hours ago, Grubster said:

I was in the US Armed forces and never saw this happen, nor have I ever seen it happen anywhere else in America.  I have however brought my own brand of booze or beer and given it to the bar and let them sell it back to me. Most Yanks leave a tip too. Do you Charlie.

I have seen loads of US armed forces in Phuket bringing food and drinks into a restaurant over the years. They got kicked out in no time though.

Edited by FritsSikkink

7 hours ago, Get Real said:

Solution 2: If you buy a beer in another bar, why just not drink it up before you finish and go to the next bar?

Does BigC let you break up a 6 pack and drink a few of them right in the store?  Or 7/11?

Edited by impulse

3 hours ago, atyclb said:

been with people with beer in hand walking outside bars and the staff solicits them to enter even with unfinished beer in hand as long as they buy another

This whole discussion is ridiculous. At least for Pattaya, the above is true in 95% of places (night clubs excluded). Just go in, order another drink and if you wanna be really nice try to even finish your walking beer before the new one arrives... or at least finish it within the first ten minutes or so. I never had any bar owners giving me a hard time about this (farangs included) as long as I order another one right away and don't take ages to consume the old beer, so they can see I am not taking advantage of their kindness.

It's really just common sense guys.

5 hours ago, Mitkof Island said:

Seen the Russians walk into a Thai restaurant numerous times bringing in dinner from 7/11 hamburger , chips sit down ask for water , dress like a pig , being obnoxious and left. wonderful people.

Russians are going upmarket, last night I saw two groups of them walking around witj cans of HEINEKEN.

11 minutes ago, rott said:

Russians are going upmarket, last night I saw two groups of them walking around witj cans of HEINEKEN.

That should make the first page... Russians (especially the tall girls) not carrying a large bottle of Chang :shock1:

7 hours ago, johnarno said:

US. Servicemen do it all the time, buy their beer from 7/11 and take it into a bar. I saw that happen once when the fleet was in, a crowd of Yanks walked into a go go bar in Walking Street, the boss was English and he promptly threw them all out.

You've seen it once, so it happens "All the time", eh? 

In 20 years, I never did that.  None of my mates did either.  Never saw anyone else do that.  Never even heard of it or considered it.  Most the Yanks consider Thailand cheap as chips to begin with and feel like millionaires for the few days they have here.

Edited by 55Jay

1 hour ago, little mary sunshine said:

So, you would take food into a restaurant too....sounds

like a cheap way to linger in a bar and only buy one

drink.  Finish the beer outside!

Exactly right. There are sufficient guys around who would (if they could get away with it) deliberately take a drink into a bar in order to average out the cost of the drink bought inside and outside.

11 hours ago, Get Real said:

Why would he ask a question like this? To get reactions like yours (and much stronger ones too), which rightfully address the fact that he (the OP) is a total douchebag, and then (probably) act outraged that people would call him out on his douchbaggery.  There's a name for this approach to posting on a forum: it's called trolling.