Mind the Gap - superstar Thai singer ties the knot with Dutch guy twenty years her junior

webfact

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

What's the big deal?  If they're happy, good for them. Look around at all the old white guys married to Thai women 20 years, and more, younger than they are, yet that never makes the news.  And, no, I'm not one of them.  I'm 67, my wife is 57, and we've been doing just fine for the past 10 years come January. 

Happy aniversary in janaury!! Nowadays its almost rare to have a longer relationship. Enjoy !

3 hours ago, jcsmith said:

It never ceases to amaze me how often people feel it necessary to butt into other people's private lives. Is this marriage negatively affecting any of you? If not then why do you care? Why did it merit a news article?

So nothing should be in the news unless you consider it newsworthy?  That would be a pretty boring world. 

As for the couple, it's in the news because it's not common.  But it does show that farang guys--even the young guys--typically get the Thai women who are past their prime....or have some other issues. 

4 hours ago, DM07 said:

1) good for them- congrats!

2) superstar-Thai- singer...yeah, right! Known to approx. 20 million IN Thailand! Eat your heart out, Beyonce!

So what is wrong in having your own repertoire and just known in Thailand? DO you have to be a  "Beyonce" ? No way.

Maybe your are jealous?

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Wouter not only gets one of Thailand's foremost "look thung" singers but also two children that the songstress has from a previous marriage.

5 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

Kind of snide remark to make. 

The could have said that the children were probably around Wouter's age, but they didn't. So, I said it. :tongue:

5 hours ago, Poopa said:

Looks as if they marry everyday on Thaivisa, just to create some fake news.

Yesterday, last September and in July as well

Nothing to do with fake news, as anyone who knows anything about marriages in Thailand would know, not to mention anyone who knew how to read properly.

The first marriage was the official one, being registered, the latest one was the traditional Thai ceremony that most Thai go through  The former is a legal marriage, the latter is informal and unregistered.

45 minutes ago, xtrnuno41 said:

So what is wrong in having your own repertoire and just known in Thailand? DO you have to be a  "Beyonce" ? No way.

Maybe your are jealous?

Yes, I am totally jealous!

Dude, I am just pointing out that in Thailand everybody is "superstar this" and "celebrity that"...and no one outside of this country knows them!

Hardly "superstars" compared to REAL superstars like Elvis, Springsteen, Beyonce etc. who are followed by millions from more than 1 country!

Maybe you are butthurt?

6 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

It is not appropriate to exploit  those who are feeble minded, i.e those who have intellectual disabilities.

Not really. It was an honest statement  Perhaps one day, this 28 year old male will find love with  the entertainer's children. 

Forrest Gump looked happy, and  many people with a lobotomy looked happy. looks cabn be deceiving.

The only people who say that are older folks chasing after youngsters.

For those that is obsessed with age just a reminder ....

When I was 10 years old a person that was 20 years old was OLD

When I was 20 years old a person that was 35 years old was OLD

When I was 35 years old a person that was 55 years old was OLD etc etc.

The mistake you make is to assume that its only the older men that's chasing younger women, but in todays world there are specific websites where the young ladies hunt down the older men. Many western girls have relationships with sugar daddies that help them get through university without debt or to live the good life. Women have become equal hunters and men the prey.

3 hours ago, elgordo38 said:

A small affair with big headlines. Come Harold time for you and the Mrs. to get your 2 cents worth in. Don't let these upstarts steal your thunder.

And the guy doesn't have to do all the work and make kids. :post-4641-1156694083:

7 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

It is not appropriate to exploit  those who are feeble minded, i.e those who have intellectual disabilities.

Not really. It was an honest statement  Perhaps one day, this 28 year old male will find love with  the entertainer's children. 

Forrest Gump looked happy, and  many people with a lobotomy looked happy. looks cabn be deceiving.

The only people who say that are older folks chasing after youngsters.

Thanks again for all the positive posts and remarks. I really feel much better everytime I read your comments. Do you ever have anything positive to say? Might give me a chock I never wake up from.

However it was appearently old news, but happy wishes for the couple. I hope they get a long life together. There is so much talk about age and that it has moral values when 2 people should marry or stay together. That´s just false, and I am not either a man chasing for young girls. Have mine landed already with a difference of ten years. 46 and 36.

Edited by Get Real

Just now, lostinisaan said:

And the guy doesn't have to do all the work and make kids. :post-4641-1156694083:

Come on pigtails don't sour on us men now. It is just the luck of the draw. I understand that all babies start off as men in the womb but the handle falls off of some of them. 

6 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

Jealous?  Seriously?  Bwahahahahahahahahahahaha.....

Jealous of their happiness maybe ...as it's obvious many TV members are deeply unhappy based on all the moaning and whining they do about all things Thailand.

Edited by onthesoi

1 minute ago, onthesoi said:

Jealous of their happiness maybe ...as it's obvious many TV members are deeply unhappy going on all the moaning and whining they do about all things Thailand.

So you don't even know this couple, but insists that they're happy?  Whatever.  I predict the guy will become disenchanted in short order.