Russia’s ambassador to Turkey assassinated, gunman ‘neutralised’

webfact

Russia’s ambassador to Turkey assassinated, gunman ‘neutralised’

606x341_352818.jpg

ANKARA: -- Russia’s ambassador to Turkey Andrei Karlov has died after being shot in Ankara.

The news was confirmed by the Russian Foreign Ministry.

The gunman was heard shouting that the attack was a protest against Russian involvement in the Syrian war. He was killed by security forces.

Video just emerged after the shooting of Russia's ambassador to Turkey Andrei Karlov

euronews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Euronews 2016-12-20

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Thorgal said:

The shooter was a Turkish policeman.

His connection with Syria is rather unclear...

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

the connection is quite clear,  "Allahu Akbar", his "brothers" were killed in Aleppo.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/video-shows-assassin-shouting-after-shooting-russian-ambassador-watch-a7485216.html

as the killer is (was?) a policeman - I wonder if the followers of the Gülen movement would be as likely to commit such a crime?

1 hour ago, manarak said:

the connection is quite clear,  "Allahu Akbar", his "brothers" were killed in Aleppo.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/video-shows-assassin-shouting-after-shooting-russian-ambassador-watch-a7485216.html

as the killer is (was?) a policeman - I wonder if the followers of the Gülen movement would be as likely to commit such a crime?

Then comes the next question... why did a Turkish man die in Aleppo if he were not fighting against the Syrian government and their supporters Russia?!

It's like US now talking about "attacking" Russia for involvement in the leaking of the Clinton emails while US with NSA and CIA are cyber-attacking Russia, China, Germany, UK, France and so on everyday trying to get information... only difference was that Russia or whoever hacked the Democratic parties servers put it out to the world to see and not like NSA/CIA keeping it so that they can blackmail and extort people in the future!

Basically this come down to the mentality that "I shoot you as a revenge for that you shoot my friend while he was shooting at you" or "I retaliate on you because you retaliated on me for attacking you"...

2 hours ago, Credo said:

This will be the end of Putin.   His own little Benghazi and we know how testy some folks got about that.   

Can you explain the similarities of this incident with the Benghazi incident? 

I can only see one, in both cases an ambassador died but I'm open to hear other similarities, please elaborate

2 hours ago, Credo said:

This will be the end of Putin.   His own little Benghazi and we know how testy some folks got about that.   

I have to admire Putin's restraint…he didnt retaliate when the turks shot his plane down, wonder what he might do now?

PS. At the 10 sec mark in that video, there appears to be a massive case of priapism.

Edited by JHolmesJr

3 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

I have to admire Putin's restraint…he didnt retaliate when the turks shot his plane down, wonder what he might do now?

PS. At the 10 sec mark in that video, there appears to be a massive case of priapism.

He did retaliate when his plane was shot down.  Quite a few economic sanctions.  It hurt Turkey quite a bit.

6 hours ago, keith101 said:

one dead compared to all the innocent men , women and children murdered by Russian bombs in East Aleppo just doesn't compare but that's just my opinion .

Aleppo was taken over and controlled by an uninvited terrorist group supported and funded by the US, Saudi, and Qatar called Al Nusra (a branch of Al Qaida and the Muslim Brotherhood). The Syrian people did not choose or want them to be there. How would YOU liberate this city; I'm curious?

3 minutes ago, craigt3365 said:

He did retaliate when his plane was shot down.  Quite a few economic sanctions.  It hurt Turkey quite a bit.

Well they didn't impose any sanction on energy and commodities which is the core of their economic relations .

Russians actually hurt more from the ban on Turkish vegetables and fruits since Russia has had an embargo from European Union going.

Tourism sanctions (Charter flights banned from Russia to Turkey, tour firms told to not sell any tour in Turkey) are bad for Turkey but Greece, Cyprus, Croatia and Italy got a good deal out of this. 4 countries' tourism benefited from this. Not a bad deal for the bleeding economy of the 4 countries.

5 hours ago, Thorgal said:

The shooter was a Turkish policeman with permission to come close to a foreign diplomat.

His connection with Syria is rather unclear...

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

Note his raised finger which is usually a symbolic gesture by Daesh supporters. The voice over claims he shouted support for 'Jihad' whatever that might mean in the context of the killings.

As a Turk, I am very sickened and very angry at how Turkey has become an almost failed state under this Islamofascist regime.

When will the majority of my countrymen and also the majority of the West realise that there cannot be peace in Turkey and the region if Erdogan/AKP remains in power ?!

Enough is enough. Not only has AKP been supporting various jihadi groups in the region but it has also been directly or indirectly guilty in the massacres of dozens of Kurds and leftist Turks. Dozens of innocent politicians as well as journalists have been in jail for months. Local media has become a propaganda tool of AKP to a large degree, for a very long time now.

It is time for the West to seriously consider various sanctions against this Islamofascist regime. Military and also some banking/financial sanctions might be a good start !

Will Putin teach this horrible regime a big lesson soon ?!  I can only hope but early reactions don't give much hope.

Erdogan has been getting away with his crimes every time. I seriously doubt he will ever face justice. Mugabe comes to my mind, by the way. Well, even if Erdogan's reign doesn't last as long as Mugabe's, even 1 or 2 more years of Erdogan will sadly probably make Turkey a totally failed state, on the point of no return to democracy or decency.

29 minutes ago, TimTang said:

Aleppo was taken over and controlled by an uninvited terrorist group supported and funded by the US, Saudi, and Qatar called Al Nusra (a branch of Al Qaida and the Muslim Brotherhood). The Syrian people did not choose or want them to be there. How would YOU liberate this city; I'm curious?

You are aware there were many different groups in Aleppo.  Some IS, some against Assad, and they were ever changing.  You are also aware that Assad use to work with IS. Kinda backfired on him, eh? LOL

Many of the Syrian people don't want Assad either.  No easy answers there.

25 minutes ago, craigt3365 said:

You are aware there were many different groups in Aleppo.  Some IS, some against Assad, and they were ever changing.  You are also aware that Assad use to work with IS. Kinda backfired on him, eh? LOL

Many of the Syrian people don't want Assad either.  No easy answers there.

It's true there are many different groups in Aleppo but they all have one thing in common; they are Sunni and are being supported by the US and their Gulf Arab allies. The Syrians are supported by Russia, Iran, Hezbollah (the second two being Shi'ite); China has also pitched in in a very small capacity. The Arab Spring was a fake false-flag operation by the Obama administration to create an excuse to take out Assad. Even the gassing has been proven to be by US supported rebels and NOT Assad.

Assad did initially support ISIS but his intention was that the west and others would see him as the BETTER alternative. It's true that plan backfired but he didn't anticipate the the US, Saudi, and Qatar would support them.

There may be many Syrians that don't like Assad but most want to keep him. This war wouldn't even exist if it weren't for the US interference in a sovereign state. Saudi and Qatar are in it because if there is to be a Islamic Caliphate in the region they would prefer it be Sunni not Shi'ite (a proxy war with Iran). Also they want to build a natural gas pipeline across Syria to Turkey to compete with Russia's near monopoly of supplying natural gas to Europe.

I have no idea what kind of President Trump will be but if he combines forces with Putin and stops supporting the Islamic terrorists this war will be over post haste. Iran also wants to build a natural gas pipeline across Syria to the Med. If Assad remains in power maybe he can find a diplomatic solution for both the Arabs and the Persians. He's more apt to go with the Iranians. Russia will lose market share either way.

4 minutes ago, TimTang said:

It's true there are many different groups in Aleppo but they all have one thing in common; they are Sunni and are being supported by the US and their Gulf Arab allies. The Syrians are supported by Russia, Iran, Hezbollah (the second two being Shi'ite); China has also pitched in in a very small capacity. The Arab Spring was a fake false-flag operation by the Obama administration to create an excuse to take out Assad. Even the gassing has been proven to be by US supported rebels and NOT Assad.

Assad did initially support ISIS but his intention was that the west and others would see him as the BETTER alternative. It's true that plan backfired but he didn't anticipate the the US, Saudi, and Qatar would support them.

There may be many Syrians that don't like Assad but most want to keep him. This war wouldn't even exist if it weren't for the US interference in a sovereign state. Saudi and Qatar are in it because if there is to be a Islamic Caliphate in the region they would prefer it be Sunni not Shi'ite (a proxy war with Iran). Also they want to build a natural gas pipeline across Syria to Turkey to compete with Russia's near monopoly of supplying natural gas to Europe.

I have no idea what kind of President Trump will be but if he combines forces with Putin and stops supporting the Islamic terrorists this war will be over post haste. Iran also wants to build a natural gas pipeline across Syria to the Med. If Assad remains in power maybe he can find a diplomatic solution for both the Arabs and the Persians. He's more apt to go with the Iranians. Russia will lose market share either way.

You have a very narrow view of what's going on in Syria.  False flag operation?  Really? LOL  I thought it was a CIA op. LOL

Worth a read:

http://www.lrb.co.uk/v36/n07/peter-neumann/suspects-into-collaborators

In the years that preceded the uprising, Assad and his intelligence services took the view that jihad could be nurtured and manipulated to serve the Syrian government’s aims. It was then that foreign jihadists first entered the country and helped to build the structures and supply lines that are now being used to fight the government. To that extent Assad is fighting an enemy he helped to create.

If most Syrian's wanted to keep Assad, there'd be no civil war.  Terrorists, probably, but no rebels against Assad.

8 minutes ago, Mansell said:

Another nut bag giving your all for his cause.....in this case murdering an unarmed man. Pathetic. An eye for an eye, and soon the whole world will be blind.

Well...he died murdering an infidel for Alla. So now he's in Alla-land trying to decide which of his 72 virgins he'll bonk first. I hope they're all good looking because he's stuck with them for ETERNITY. Eternity is a LONG time so after 10 thousand years or so having 72 virgins yacking at you all the time might be more like hell than heaven.

5 hours ago, Kasset Tak said:

Then comes the next question... why did a Turkish man die in Aleppo if he were not fighting against the Syrian government and their supporters Russia?!

It's like US now talking about "attacking" Russia for involvement in the leaking of the Clinton emails while US with NSA and CIA are cyber-attacking Russia, China, Germany, UK, France and so on everyday trying to get information... only difference was that Russia or whoever hacked the Democratic parties servers put it out to the world to see and not like NSA/CIA keeping it so that they can blackmail and extort people in the future!

Basically this come down to the mentality that "I shoot you as a revenge for that you shoot my friend while he was shooting at you" or "I retaliate on you because you retaliated on me for attacking you"...

No spy agency in the world releases their information.  Please think before you write nonsense.  Republicans were hacked as well.  The retaliation relates to the manipulation, not to the hacking itself.  The US intelligence agencies hack more than anyone, and I agree with the strategy because this is the new warfare.  But, if you really think that the USA intelligence and spy agencies should not hack, and keep the information secret, then just hand over the country to the highest bidder.

5 hours ago, craigt3365 said:

Hard to say what Trump will do now.  He's turned his back on soooo many of his campaign promises. :sad:

Trump will pass any decision through his business interest filter. Since he keeps his business very opaque, who knows what will come out the other end.

50 minutes ago, craigt3365 said:

You have a very narrow view of what's going on in Syria.  False flag operation?  Really? LOL  I thought it was a CIA op. LOL

Worth a read:

http://www.lrb.co.uk/v36/n07/peter-neumann/suspects-into-collaborators

If most Syrian's wanted to keep Assad, there'd be no civil war.  Terrorists, probably, but no rebels against Assad.

I read the link and I think it's a pretty accurate description of how Assad f*&k'd up. In his defense he was trying to maintain stability in his own country because he thought he was NEXT on the US hit list. As we have seen he was 3rd behind Libya and Egypt. He made some serious mistakes allowing the Muslim Brotherhood back into his country but I don't believe the people of Syria should have been slaughtered for it. Trying to keep Syria a secular state made it one of the few countries in the Middle East where various religions co-existed side by side in harmony. That's not such a bad thing. I think all foreign entities should get out and let the Syrians live in peace. Assad should be left in place and let the citizens decide what happens next. They have a lot of rebuilding to do.