2016 POSTER OF THE YEAR POLL - FINAL

Ron19

2016 POSTER OF THE YEAR POLL - FINAL  

364 members have voted

1. 1. Choose and vote for one only. DO NOT CLICK ON " SHOW RESULTS " It will record you as voting but not record your vote.

• transam
    • Naam
    • villagefarang
    • GuestHouse

This poll is closed to new votes

11 hours ago, transam said:

Glad you enjoyed it...:thumbsup:

Yes -- just as I enjoyed it when I bought JT's 'Sweet Baby James' LP album in 1970 having first heard of Taylor when folksinger Tom Rush covered 2 of his songs on his 1968 album 'The Circle Game'

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, smokie36 said:

Then post your next best one.

People otherwise might come to the conclusion that your 40000 posts are nothing but drivel.

That one was too.....  b0222.gif

PS. If those 40,000 posts were drivel I for sure would not be in the finals, and coming second last year should help you along with your thought....(or perhaps not)...:stoner:

6 minutes ago, smokie36 said:

All I'm seeing is an inability to post a link to a cracking post.

We will just have to draw the conclusion that you don't have any to post.

Perhaps you should spend more time reading TVF during the year as the voters seem to have... b0217.gif

11 minutes ago, transam said:

That one was too.....  b0222.gif

PS. If those 40,000 posts were drivel I for sure would not be in the finals, and coming second last year should help you along with your thought....(or perhaps not)...:stoner:

Some people like drivel because that is all they ever post as well  -- if I post drivel at least it is short drivel.

7 hours ago, transam said:

Perhaps you should spend more time reading TVF during the year as the voters seem to have... b0217.gif

It appears more like you plan to win this dismal competition by posting inane emoticoms.

The true Justin Bieber of Thaivisa.

28 minutes ago, geronimo said:

I'd like to ask the famous 5 what they actually get from the posting experience, if anything.

I enjoy the process of stringing words together or posting one of my photos.  When people show their appreciation and understanding I feel rewarded for my effort.  Original content is important to me so I like to lead by example and only post my own work.  I may only represent a minority view on ThaiVisa but it is a group that needs to be represented in my opinion.

Unlike many, this is not a place I come to ask questions.  On the very rare occasion I need information about something Thailand related, I go to one of my Thai friends who always has much better connections than some foreigner who is a recent arrival and doesn't speak Thai.

Edited by villagefarang

3 minutes ago, smokie36 said:

It appears more like you plan to win this dismal competition by posting inane emoticoms.

The true Justin Bieber of Thaivisa.

Oh dear oh dear.......Boring or what......:sad:

Hey, when does "your" forum POTY start, was looking forward to that...?

7 minutes ago, geronimo said:

I'd like to ask the famous 5 what they actually get from the posting experience, if anything.

for more than a decade i received extremely valuable advice by reading and of course by asking questions. assisting in technical, financial or any other matters to the best of my knowledge is my thanks for this advice.

reading rubbish between hard working hours (no work permit!) is my substitute for reading cartoons and quite often a temporary cure of my extremely low blood pressure. some of the forum topics i discuss with my dogs during leisure times who are very much interested and attentive because the discussions are accompanied by treats such as a variety of smoked sausages from continental Europe, wild boar ham and cheese.

I don't know about anyone else but I see several good reasons why there should be categories of poster of the year candidates, best Thai related, best financial expertise, most consistently helpful, most literate, funniest, and so on.

Edited by chiang mai

1 minute ago, chiang mai said:

I don't know about anyone else but I see several good reasons why there should be categories of poster of the year candidates, best Thai related, best financial expertise, most consistently helpful, most literate, funniest, and so on.

Great Idea! It could be like the Oscars ... Best supporting Poster, Least Offensive, Most annoying etc etc

7 minutes ago, smokie36 said:

You haven't ONE decent post to link to....not ONE.

Incredible.

Think you should plug your brain in, if you think I can remember posting gems out of 40,000 posts......Gawd 'elp us....

Now you tell me, how did I become runner up last year and in the finals this year....?

Are you insinuating the voting members are daft or what...?

Tell all.... b0235.gif

6 hours ago, transam said:

Think you should plug your brain in, if you think I can remember posting gems out of 40,000 posts......Gawd 'elp us....

Now you tell me, how did I become runner up last year and in the finals this year....?

Tell all.... b0235.gif

You winning this competition shows the true state of this forum.

That's a statement I would agree with.

2 minutes ago, transam said:

Tell all.... b0235.gif

Perhaps the post count is tied in with the dot allocation.

7 minutes ago, chiang mai said:

-Thai basher of the year,

-rubbish² producer of the year,

-p*ssed off poster of the year,

-champion asking silly questions,

-Iron Man of the year (no aircondition even in april),

-stingiest poster of the year (water bill 9 Baht, electricity bill 47.65 Baht).

t.b.c.

24 minutes ago, villagefarang said:

<snip>  Original content is important to me so I like to lead by example and only post my own work. <snip2>

I have plenty of original work online. It just isn't posted here because the nature of the work is such that it cannot be done anonymously. Also, when posting where I choose to post, it might be noticed by someone who is actually in a position to do something with or about it. Some people who have blogs or like to write at length on ThaiVisa do so because they know that at least someone will read it instead being in the 3 million group self-published on Amazon.

Edited by JLCrab

3 minutes ago, Naam said:

t.b.c.

Most RIP's

3 minutes ago, Naam said:

t.b.c.

I'd win the iron man award, never ever had A/C in my 35 years here.