Is wanting to find a girlfriend/wife reason enough to move to Thailand?

calbear09

28 minutes ago, joeyg said:

I must strenuously disagree with one point at least.  "A loser in the USA will be a loser in Thailand"  Been traveling here since 1971 US Military retired here in Naklua.  I now Thailand very well.  I have seen and it seems a lot more so lately some horrible looking, morbidly obese guys or just or average bald headed golfer type with the "brandy nose" and 7 month pregnant gut walking around handholding with some very hot girls.

These are prostitutes, right ?

A guy who has to go to the third world and pay people to be with him , for the sole reason that its cheaper than paying someone to be with him back home, is hardly one of lifes "winners"

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Fallen not in the least.  I remember coming across you on the board before.  You are definitely a trouble maker.  Please don't start.

Dude why would you insert yourself into that ugly mix? She is playing you and you think you have the upper hand? Mark my words your going to regret it. These things always end badly.

Sent from my SC-01D using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Aggressive said:

And you are proud of it? She's a hooker. You are being played. This is not something to be proud of. 

How can you be sure I'm proud.  All jobs must be done.  Sorry you disapprove of my life choices.  Tell us allitlle about yours now.  That would be fair.

I was married to a farang woman for 15 miserable years. Because we had two kids, I stuck it out for as long as I could stand it. After the divorce, I was single for many years but always wanted to get married again. I took a job here in Thailand but had to leave when the Thai economy crashed. While in Kalifornia working, I found that available women for me had been married to monsters and with their kids and a lot of baggage, I knew that wasn't going to work out. It didn't take me long to figure out why they were divorced. I moved back to Thailand when I was able to retire with every intention of finding a Thai wife. I had no intention of taking her back to the US. Thai women are still women and if a guy thinks they will be subservient and obedient, they better think again. It took me a number of years here to find a woman who could put up with a crotchety old fart like me. Since women are good actresses, you have to live with them 24/7 for at least six months. After that time, if she has a lot of warts, they will become obvious. I think I must have chosen well because we have been married for about twelve years now.

If I were a young man, I would never consider raising a family here in Thailand. Unless you have an income that will last the rest of your life for after you retire, it would be very difficult. Again it is about money. Giving your children a decent education will be VERY expensive. I am by no means wealthy and I love living here. I live as I choose because I do have enough money to do so. My pensions allow that. I chose a wife who doesn't gamble, smoke, do drugs and only drinks a little on rare occasions. She also has never had children. I am far too selfish to raise children that do not belong to me. Over the years here of being single, I discovered that finding the right woman is not easy but it is possible. It's different strokes for different folks but I know how I am.

Other farangs have accused me of being trapped out in the boonies because I can't afford to get away. As a matter of fact, at this moment, I am sitting in MY condo. I came down for Christmas. I had to come alone because my wife is somewhat of a workaholic and is seldom able to get away from her job and her farming.

16 minutes ago, joeyg said:

I've got a very hot Lao girlfriend that is sponsored by a German gentleman/50,000 per month + school and an Italian gentleman/20,000 per month.  She she has her own place 10 minutes from me.  She comes over to cook great Lao veggi food almost every day.  We hang out go out and watch movies go out and hear live music sometimes.  My favorite is going to the produce markets shopping with her.  I spend 8 to ten thousand bhat on/with her a month.  The ROI is fantastic.  I just have to make sure I'm quiet when the German or Italian guy call in to check on her.  The saying here I always hear is that a "Sponsored girl" is the expats best friend.  I've helped her write some emails to these "rocket scientists" but not to much though as not to cause suspicion. 

So, she has three guys on the go at once .

I sure wouldnt get involved with that kind of woman . and it seems quite immoral to play around with another (two) guys women .

6 minutes ago, mcfish said:

Dude why would you insert yourself into that ugly mix? She is playing you and you think you have the upper hand? Mark my words your going to regret it. These things always end badly.

Sorry you disapprove of my life style.  Playing?  Indeed?  Can't regret if you've got no expectations.  I have marked your words and filed them accordingly.  Please tell us a little bit about your realationship/s.

Just now, joeyg said:

How can you be sure I'm proud.  All jobs must be done.  Sorry you disapprove of my life choices.  Tell us allitlle about yours now.  That would be fair.

Maybe because of your wall of text describing what ur up to? 

I don't necessarily disapprove if your life choice homie. I don't see a single thing wrong with paying for sex or having a good time. For myself at least, I draw the line after that. No reason IMO to ingrain yourself in the day to day life of a prostitute & expose yourself to the drama that is surely going to erupt sooner or later. 

1 minute ago, Aggressive said:

I don't necessarily disapprove if your life choice homie. I don't see a single thing wrong with paying for sex or having a good time. For myself at least, I draw the line after that. No reason IMO to ingrain yourself in the day to day life of a prostitute & expose yourself to the drama that is surely going to erupt sooner or later. 

Again I really appreciate the warning.  You must have years of experience.  Thanks for sharing.

Totally agree. And there is something off when an individual brags about banging a hooker.

14 minutes ago, sanemax said:

These are prostitutes, right ?

A guy who has to go to the third world and pay people to be with him , for the sole reason that its cheaper than paying someone to be with him back home, is hardly one of lifes "winners"

You assume a lot.  The truth is actually a much more interesting story.  At least in my case.

I would try your luck but you mustn't get obsessed about finding a girl. At your age you should be certain that you can finance your life and that of any future dependants. Without a regular income your money will fritter away over time. Also remember that the grass isn't always greener on the other side of the fence. Good luck to you whatever you choose.

There was a thread on TV recently where a guys GF was playing around whilst he was away .

He dumped her, asked her to leave his Condo and was contemplating whether to pay for her sons education or not .

Dont get involved with other mens girls

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Yes, but they have been contaminated by western PC BS. They only look nicer than western women, but inside they are just the same.

Wow thaibeachlover you sound pretty bitter and blaming it all on the nasty Thai women. Did it ever occur to you to look at that finger pointing at them and see the other three fingers pointing back at yourself. Whatever you did with these ladies 50 percent of it all was you. We either create, allow, or promote, things in this world. And that means we have to take responsibility for what happens to us. Take this in the constructive way it is presented. If I was that young guy, you are the last person I would be listening to for advice because it is very negatively slanted. If you don't want to spend the rest of your life living in bitterness, you need to make some positive changes......but then again if you are happy, keep doing what you are doing. Good luck.

4 minutes ago, joeyg said:

Again I really appreciate the warning.  You must have years of experience.  Thanks for sharing.

Deflection. Yeah I have experience. 10 years here. Im not warning you at all. You should aim higher as its a hell of a lot more fun but if parasites are what gets you going, then knock yourself out. 

5 minutes ago, joeyg said:

You assume a lot.  The truth is actually a much more interesting story.  At least in my case.

You give her money along with two other guys who also give her money and you are all sleeping with her, baring that in mind, its hardly just an "assumption" is it

i quit my job in san francisco when i was 40.  my first trip to thailand was age 30.  now i'm 50.  lived in thailand approx 8-9 months in each of the last ten years.  found a legitimate girlfriend, been together 8 of the 10 years.  you (OP) are fairly young to make such a move, giving up the higher salary options in USA.  i don't know how much $$ you have but i wouldn't do it unless you have over a million USD in the bank and zero debt.  you can survive on income from teaching english but it is not a real fun type of 'survival'.  just like your current job seems to be 'no so fun'.  good luck and i know how you feel.  i couldn't wait to quit my job, was planning to quit at 42 but once the thought got in my mind, i couldn't go to work anymore.  called it day.  felt great.

i was same boat as you, didn't really find western women appealing for various reasons.  i would list them all but then we'd all get way off topic !!!

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Yes, but they have been contaminated by western PC BS. They only look nicer than western women, but inside they are just the same.

I hear this a lot on here..what exactly is 'western PC BS'? What, they tell you 'piss off' if you treat them like shit? Is that 'western PC BS'...a definition would be nice.

Just now, mcfish said:

Totally agree. And there is something off when an individual brags about banging a hooker.

Jeez.......now look what you've started Joeyg!!

I really can't believe some of the comments I'm reading when Joeyg is doing nothing more than many of the guys on this thread have done sometime in the past – – paying for pleasure.

It is well-known that Thailand is a place that attracts people who want to do this and suffice it to say that in the 10 years that I've been here, just about all of the farangs I know, the majority of whom are happily married, still indulge in the extramarital affair and pay for it.

Not only that folks who come from overseas on business trips or who stop off on the way to other countries also indulge, even though they have wives and children at home, so really it's no big thing in the grand scheme of things.

If a guy wishes to do that, then that's his choice, and I found it quite strange that someone should say they don't mind paying for pleasure, but they draw the line there?? All this guy has done is to hook up with a very beautiful woman for sex, and not only that it appears that he enjoys her company and she enjoys his, so they spend more time together.

I didn't see his post as "bragging" just telling it like it is.

There would be hundreds, if not thousands of farangs who have left their girlfriends here and gone back to their home countries, and the girlfriends indulge in exactly the same behaviour, that's why there is a saying here, "that you never lose your girlfriend, you just lose your turn".

Then again there would be many farangs who have come back here and married their girlfriends, many of whom would have worked in bars and had many customers, yet it's no big deal, so I can't see why a big deal is being made of this particular post – – really??

8 minutes ago, sanemax said:

So, she has three guys on the go at once .

I sure wouldnt get involved with that kind of woman . and it seems quite immoral to play around with another (two) guys women .

Immoral?  Indeed.  Can I say 3 Our Fathers and three Hail Marys and bee good to go.  Lol you guys are pretty funny judging me.  I'm sure you dine daily on the dead, burnt carcasses of innocent animals.  I haven't eaten meat in 44 years.  Mainly because I believe it is immoral.  Fact is I don't care if you do.  Truth be told I think you should eat more lots more.

Christ was described as a friend to the working girl.  Several places in the Bible.  

In Ancient China working girls were referred to as "Angels of Mercy"

Fact is in Thailand the majority of working girls 98% are patronized by Thais.

Now really, please stop judging me.  Quite frankly it makes you look, well, foolish small minded.  Or just pure trolling.  Anyway it's not going to work.  So have at it.  If that's what gets your rocks off.

3 minutes ago, joeyg said:

Immoral?  Indeed.  Can I say 3 Our Fathers and three Hail Marys and bee good to go.  Lol you guys are pretty funny judging me.  I'm sure you dine daily on the dead, burnt carcasses of innocent animals.  I haven't eaten meat in 44 years.  Mainly because I believe it is immoral.  Fact is I don't care if you do.  Truth be told I think you should eat more lots more.

Christ was described as a friend to the working girl.  Several places in the Bible.  

In Ancient China working girls were referred to as "Angels of Mercy"

Fact is in Thailand the majority of working girls 98% are patronized by Thais.

Now really, please stop judging me.  Quite frankly it makes you look, well, foolish small minded.  Or just pure trolling.  Anyway it's not going to work.  So have at it.  If that's what gets your rocks off.

I do not know why you have mentioned all those other subjects .

You are having a relationship with another mans GF ., or at least that he thinks that she is his gf .

IMO having a relationship with someone elses woman is immoral and you are also helping her to deceive him 

You sound quite proud of your behavior, does it make you fell like a winner ?

I really can't believe some of the comments I'm reading when Joeyg is doing nothing more than many of the guys on this thread have done sometime in the past – – paying for pleasure.

It is well-known that Thailand is a place that attracts people who want to do this and suffice it to say that in the 10 years that I've been here, just about all of the farangs I know, the majority of whom are happily married, still indulge in the extramarital affair and pay for it.

Not only that folks who come from overseas on business trips or who stop off on the way to other countries also indulge, even though they have wives and children at home, so really it's no big thing in the grand scheme of things.

If a guy wishes to do that, then that's his choice, and I found it quite strange that someone should say they don't mind paying for pleasure, but they draw the line there?? All this guy has done is to hook up with a very beautiful woman for sex, and not only that it appears that he enjoys her company and she enjoys his, so they spend more time together.

There would be hundreds, if not thousands of farangs who have left their girlfriends here and gone back to their home countries, and the girlfriends indulge in exactly the same behaviour, that's why there is a saying here, "that you never lose your girlfriend, you just lose your turn".

Then again there would be many farangs who have come back here and married their girlfriends, many of whom would have worked in bars and had many customers, yet it's no big deal, so I can't see why a big deal is being made of this particular post – – really??

You missed the point. He is in a relationship.. There are many men who married hookers and took them out of the game but this guy is going with an ACTIVE hooker in a love triangle.

What's going to happen when the enraged and jealous Herman the German finds his texts on her line id and beats her into revealing his address?

Jeoulsy is the number one motive for murder in relationship's. Screwing another man's lady is like playing Russian roulette!

6 minutes ago, xylophone said:

Thankx xlophone, for having a voice of clarity and common sense in the midst of, well I'm not sure what to call it.  I mean it's got to be trolling.  They can't be serious?  Can they.  I spent a long time in the military in far away places where the only warm and comfort was in the arms of the working girl.  I have a sneaking suspicion I wasn't the only US service man to seek refuge there.

The thing is I have "dated" receptionists here, nurses, real estates agents etc.  The fact is I have become friends with this "Lao girl" and I do like her and we have fun together.

Bottom line, I'm not in a position to judge anyone.

Back to the OP.  He sounds like a nice kid I hope he keeps his head on his shoulders.

In my opinion which is worth a dime or less. I have found the Thai women I have known, (not a lot) are very intelligent, including my wife. I think that is important if there is to be any meaningful conversation etc. I have found Thai women to be pretty deep in the thinking department.....very bright. My wife saves us lots of money through her savvy suggestions every day. If you look upon them as subserviant to a farang, and not as bright as you.....you are making a huge mistake. They are easily the equal of us in many ways.

When I was younger in the Royal Navy I used to go with the hookers all over the world.....and some in South America were just good time girls trying to get by. Eventually I realized it was all a pretty shallow and empty experience, so I stopped completely deciding I needed something with meaning and depth. Love I wasn't quite ready for, and probably wasn't even capable at that I've. Eventually as life passed by with all its various experiences, marriages, relationships, etc. I learned to actually love another human being and make them more important than myself. Life is really only about Love, and everything that brings you to that Love for yourself and others. Some of you will get this, and others might think it it just rubbish.....that is because you haven't got there......yet. Einstein is famous for his theory of relativity, which most people do not grasp. But he also talked about the ultimate experience in this world is Love, and that is what we are here to learn. Food for thought, and he wasn't a stupid man.

Merry Christmas to you all and your loved ones.

1 minute ago, sanemax said:

I do not know why you have mentioned all those other subjects .

You are having a relationship with another mans GF ., or at least that he thinks that she is his gf .

IMO having a relationship with someone elses woman is immoral and you are also helping her to deceive him 

You sound quite proud of your behavior, does it make you fell like a winner ?

You have expressed your opinion about my life and behavior in no uncertain terms.  What don't you get about that nothing could be less important to me than your opinion.  I mean why push it.  Are you a preacher.  Like I said please share a little "slice" of your exemplary life with us.  Perhaps some will be inspired.

1 minute ago, Mansell said:

In my opinion which is worth a dime or less. I have found the Thai women I have known, (not a lot) are very intelligent, including my wife. I think that is important if there is to be any meaningful conversation etc. I have found Thai women to be pretty deep in the thinking department.....very bright. My wife saves us lots of money through her savvy suggestions every day. If you look upon them as subserviant to a farang, and not as bright as you.....you are making a huge mistake. They are easily the equal of us in many ways.

When I was younger in the Royal Navy I used to go with the hookers all over the world.....and some in South America were just good time girls trying to get by. Eventually I realized it was all a pretty shallow and empty experience, so I stopped completely deciding I needed something with meaning and depth. Love I wasn't quite ready for, and probably wasn't even capable at that I've. Eventually as life passed by with all its various experiences, marriages, relationships, etc. I learned to actually love another human being and make them more important than myself. Life is really only about Love, and everything that brings you to that Love for yourself and others. Some of you will get this, and others might think it it just rubbish.....that is because you haven't got there......yet. Einstein is famous for his theory of relativity, which most people do not grasp. But he also talked about the ultimate experience in this world is Love, and that is what we are here to learn. Food for thought, and he wasn't a stupid man.

Merry Christmas to you all and your loved ones.

Although I don't agree with everything you're you're saying.  I appreciate the fact you present it in a straightforward an sincere way.  I especially like you pointing out that "It really is all about Love."  It is.

Again back to the OP.  I hope this kid can get some direction from the diverse discussion here.  He seems sincere also and that's a nice quality.

And Merry Christmas to you and yours

19 minutes ago, joeyg said:

JoeyG, for a moment there I thought you were comparing yourself to Christ. 555

I have no problem at all with your situation and what you do. It is your life and your choice....enjoy it all. It is not our job to judge you. I think the Christ or Donald Trump said, "Judge not, lest you be judged."