Ex-Wham singer George Michael dies

webfact

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RIP George,i wasnt a great fan,but you had a great voice.Its a shame.

Died peacefully,It sounds like he was fully sedated.I wonder if it will come out later that he died from the AIDS virus.

Lets face it,he was a very good looking,homosexual, boy in the 80's when the virus was becoming popular.He mixed with the likes of Boy George, Marilyn and other gender benders of the day.He had a constant battle with Boy George who stated on television,that Michael was gay and the sooner he admitted it the better,Boy George was never sued.

I suppose it shows that no matter how many millions you have,death knows no class.

4 hours ago, canuckamuck said:

I always suspected he had talent, but the pop music scene in the 80's was so cringeworthy I was poisoned to anything connected to Wham. Interesting to see he had some fans. Sorry for your loss.

Listen to his album "Older"- just a tip!

35 minutes ago, HooHaa said:

Love the assumption that your petty judgments and conditional sympathy are of any value to anyone at all.

Why bother writing anything when all you can muster is passive-aggressive, backhanded twaddle?

You must be pretty insecure to interpret veiled criticism of someone you've never met as passive-aggression. Good thing I wasn't openly critical - it may have given you a crise cardiaque. In fact, I merely withheld judgement seeing as we are being subjected to the usual drip-drip of information, which alone is suspicious.

I never understood, why people feel the need to come on a thread like this and voice their contempt (or ignorance) about some guys passing.

Are also going to random funerals and exclaim "The guy was a 5h1tty plumber! Possibly boinked young boys in the @$$..."??

No one needs that kind of behavior!

6 hours ago, tutsiwarrior said:

I think that this one establishes him as a serious popular music artist

Queen's lead guitarist Brian May was smiling his approval to note...I always liked this song, it has an appealing anthemic quality...and reminds me of my surfin' days in California in the late 70s...

RIP

There will only ever be one Freddy but I must say George did a great job on this song , brilliant and the first time I have seen/heard it .

DM07

Come now dear chap.i dont think that anybody has been wicked in their assumptions of Georges demise.But it just seems that those in the 80's and in show business were particularly vulnerable to the higher ups in the music and film industries,who maybe promised them fame and fortune.We will never know what some young stars had to do to attain such fortune.George may have had Aids,he may not,But the disease is timed by 8 years to show itself.Once diagnosed,the very rich can prolong their lives and lead normal ones.Look at stars like Bowie,who was openly gay,at times.Freddie,and others we have lost.We may never know what the true cause of death was.

I had a gay friend who died of Aids in the London Hospital,White chappel.His death certificate read...Cause of death,Pneumonia.I am told that the virus can cause other complications(Pneumonia etc) due to the persons lack of defence.

Lets wait and see what will come out in the future.But you have to admit that 90% of people will have thought that Aids,Or a derivative of the virus was responsible.

12 minutes ago, superal said:

There will only ever be one Freddy but I must say George did a great job on this song , brilliant and the first time I have seen/heard it .

it was the Freddy Mercury tribute at Wembly in 1992...telecast live on the BBC...

Edited by tutsiwarrior

DM07
Come now dear chap.i dont think that anybody has been wicked in their assumptions of Georges demise.But it just seems that those in the 80's and in show business were particularly vulnerable to the higher ups in the music and film industries,who maybe promised them fame and fortune.We will never know what some young stars had to do to attain such fortune.George may have had Aids,he may not,But the disease is timed by 8 years to show itself.Once diagnosed,the very rich can prolong their lives and lead normal ones.Look at stars like Bowie,who was openly gay,at times.Freddie,and others we have lost.We may never know what the true cause of death was.
I had a gay friend who died of Aids in the London Hospital,White chappel.His death certificate read...Cause of death,Pneumonia.I am told that the virus can cause other complications(Pneumonia etc) due to the persons lack of defence.
Lets wait and see what will come out in the future.But you have to admit that 90% of people will have thought that Aids,Or a derivative of the virus was responsible.

It's already out

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, ezzra said:

partaking in wild drug usage and sordid gay sex activates for many years

jealous are we ?

personally, except for the gay part (although i have never actually tried it so maybe i'm soooooooo wrong) i like a rock n roll life. my best memories involve drugs and sex. it's only when there was too much boose involved that it went wrong (no memory, lack of wood, falling asleep before climaxing, etc). oh how i USED TO love sex and drugs .... :heart_001::wub::intheclub:

jealous are we ?
personally, except for the gay part (although i have never actually tried it so maybe i'm soooooooo wrong) i like a rock n roll life. my best memories involve drugs and sex. it's only when there was too much boose involved that it went wrong (no memory, lack of wood, falling asleep before climaxing, etc). oh how i USED TO love sex and drugs .... :heart_001::wub::intheclub:

That's a crackin 1000th post mate, very informative, congratulations!!
[emoji12]

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

2 hours ago, ddavidovsky said:

Before offering sympathy and condolence I'm going to wait to find out whether he brought it on himself.

Always interesting to reflect on what it's like to be so famous though. I used to live in Goring and can hardly imagine him strolling around the village or standing on the bridge adjacent to his house to admire the river scene, as I always did.

Ignoring your boorishness, it's worth pointing out that apart from the lucky few that die of old age when in reasonable health very many of us will die of something "brought on" by themselves.

RIP George Michael wasn't a fan of Wham but his solo stuff was very good, he was obviously a very talented man.

2016 hasn't been a good year for legendary artists and there is still another week left of it.

Be some gig in the afterlife with the talent that has left us this year.

Really?

It is of importance, if he died of AIDS or "only" a heart- attack?

I for one, don't give two hot 5h!ts!

He was a talented singer and I liked a lot of his music!

I understand, that there are different tastes, but I would not go on a threat of Justin Bieber's death and tell everybody, what I think about his dumb songs!

What kind of a sad life must one lead, to come on this thread and have nothing better to do, that to 5h1t over the mans legacy and gloat about any speculative sickness, he might have died off!

Really pathetic!

8 minutes ago, DM07 said:

Really?

It is of importance, if he died of AIDS or "only" a heart- attack?

I for one, don't give two hot 5h!ts!

He was a talented singer and I liked a lot of his music!

I understand, that there are different tastes, but I would not go on a threat of Justin Bieber's death and tell everybody, what I think about his dumb songs!

What kind of a sad life must one lead, to come on this thread and have nothing better to do, that to 5h1t over the mans legacy and gloat about any speculative sickness, he might have died off!

Really pathetic!

I agree with you it doesn't matter what he died of, however I don't give a toss if that talentless <deleted> Justin Bieber is alive or not.

I agree with you it doesn't matter what he died of, however I don't give a toss if that talentless Justin Bieber is alive or not.

Im sure his fan base of 10 million screaming school girls would scratch your eyes out for saying that and didn't he bang the super model Miranda Kerr? You have to admire him for that!

Sent from my SC-01D using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, HooHaa said:

There was so much going on musically in the early 80s that your comments  only underline how very limited and parochial your exposure to music has been.

I only criticized pop. I was still buying music. But the 80's were an unfortunate era across the board. Bad hair, bad clothes, bad cars, and lots of bad music.

6 hours ago, canuckamuck said:

I always suspected he had talent, but the pop music scene in the 80's was so cringeworthy I was poisoned to anything connected to Wham. Interesting to see he had some fans. Sorry for your loss.

I used to feel the same way when young and convinced that 'pop' music was unworthy of consideration :lol:.

Some of us moved on from that and realised that Abba/Status Quo/Wham etc. actually produced some great songs - despite their popularity.

2 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

I used to feel the same way when young and convinced that 'pop' music was unworthy of consideration :lol:.

Some of us moved on from that and realised that Abba/Status Quo/Wham etc. actually produced some great songs - despite their popularity.

I get that, I have softened on a lot of my earlier opinions. Never got around to giving George Michaels another look though.