More crazy pricing

dingdongrb

So in Lotus I noticed a person can buy a plastic squeeze bottle of Heinz ketchup for 137 THB and receive 567 grams.

......or spend 35 THB and receive 600 grams in a glass bottle. (NOTE: 35 THB is a sale price as it's regularly 46 THB.)

The price one must pay for having the convenience of a squeeze bottle... :-)

567g.jpg

600g.jpg

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dollars to donuts the glass bottle was made locally and the squeeze bottle was imported.

Which is fine as long as you like the Thai recipe, which may taste nothing like the imported stuff.  Or it may.  Such are the vagaries of adjusting to life overseas.

The local stuff is crap, no?  Looks almost orange coming out of the bottle.  How they do it I do not know but Thai's will put that on their pizza.   They will also use it as a base for bolognese sauces for pasta.   UGH.   It's one of the main reasons I stay away from Italian foods here.

22 minutes ago, bluebluewater said:

The local stuff is crap, no?  Looks almost orange coming out of the bottle.  How they do it I do not know but Thai's will put that on their pizza.   They will also use it as a base for bolognese sauces for pasta.   UGH.   It's one of the main reasons I stay away from Italian foods here.

Yeh it is almost impossible to find Italian food in Chiang Mai that is not made with ketchup.  You have to be kidding.

More crazy  pricing at Big-C EXTRA: The smallest pack of MOCONA instant coffee is cheaper per unit(gram), than any other bigger sized pack. Sometimes you can find tissue rolls 30 instead of 24, "get 20% more!" and the pack with 24 rolls is still cheaper per unit. Consumers  tend to believe big packs are always cheaper. That is not always the case at Big-C EXTRA.

The imported version (real ketchup) has more vinegar/less sugar and or both. After using the Thai version for years, I can't say "I hate it" anymore. That said, I'm drinking Red Cup instant coffee right now. I'm afraid my tasted buds will never be the same.

32 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

In case it has not been said already, the squeeze bottle is imported and the glass bottle locally made.

Several times. If you'd read the comments you wouldn't have needed to reply... me neither. :tongue:

Edited by daveAustin