Gen Preecha defends undeclared house

webfact

Gen Preecha defends undeclared house
By THE NATION

pmp.jpg

An unnumbered house, belonging to former permanent secretary of the Defence Ministry General Preecha Chan-o-cha, is located on a large block in Phitsanulok’s Mueang district.

PM’s brother says he’ll submit details about new family home to graft agency

PHITSANULOK: -- GENERAL Preecha Chan-o-cha, former permanent secretary of the Defence Ministry, admitted yesterday that he owned an unnumbered house in Phitsanulok province which was not declared to the National Anti-Corruption Commission (NACC).

Preecha said the house was meant to be his family abode after he retired and he had just been given its number as building finished in August. 

He said he planned to declare the house as an additional asset to the NACC in line with his obligation as a member of the National Legislative Assembly.

Full story: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/national/30302914

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2016-12-27

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

53 minutes ago, webfact said:

He said he planned to declare the house as an additional asset to the NACC in line with his obligation as a member of the National Legislative Assembly.

Yes, now that that he got caught, he's going to declare

it and other assets, it was said that the fish stinks from the head....

Edited by ezzra

Yu'p he's up to his o'l antic's agian it seems. But big brother will be there as to defend him and any that want to push for answers will get the same answer they got last time, stop asking questions, followed by this is not helping, I am the hero of anti corruption.

Junta huggers,   well reckon they'll be missing in action as normal...  Hello out there fella's you want to defend this one also???

Damm red shirts...

Edited by aussieinthailand

45 minutes ago, Thechook said:

When we purchased our block it came with a number, we had our address prior to building commencing.  How did he register the land without a lot number?

Land lot and a house address are two different animals unless your plot of land is already developed in a gated community.

As well as being a total crook and terrible liar, he is also a huge pain in the arse (and embarrassment) for his brother.

I mean, Prayuth's going to have to come out and make a statement / make some shoot the messenger type threats now. Don't the serfs and pesky journo's realize how inportant Preecha is, and how far above reproach he is ? come on people, wake up. Whiter than white is this guy

14 minutes ago, BSJ said:

Ha Ha ha!   "Oh what a web we weave when we practice to deceive"  

Pinocchio.JPG

The actual Quote - from Walter Scott is "Oh what a tangled web we weave .... when first we practice to deceive".

I rather doubt this is a first attempt by the dear General.

Patrick

Maybe  his sons pop up construction business won a few more government projects to boost the family coffers.

This story will be gone tomorrow, same as the high position his son received in the army and his sons new construction business getting government projects. At the end of the day, this is not responsible reporting by the media. It will cause confusion to the public. The media should stop picking on preecha and his son. It's not ethical. 

1 hour ago, aussieinthailand said:

Yu'p he's up to his o'l antic's agian it seems. But big brother will be there as to defend him and any that want to push for answers will get the same answer they got last time, stop asking questions, followed by this is not helping, I am the hero of anti corruption.

Junta huggers,   well reckon they'll be missing in action as normal...  Hello out there fella's you want to defend this one also???

Damm red shirts...

And soon to be followed by use of the computer crimes act to prevent this and other stories even being mentioned online, let alone discussed. Yes, in the not too distant future, even knowing will automatically make you a criminal. 

50 minutes ago, greenchair said:

Maybe  his sons pop up construction business won a few more government projects to boost the family coffers.

This story will be gone tomorrow, same as the high position his son received in the army and his sons new construction business getting government projects. At the end of the day, this is not responsible reporting by the media. It will cause confusion to the public. The media should stop picking on preecha and his son. It's not ethical. 

Whatever happened to the gov't funds that were in his personal bank account for "safe-keeping?" 

3 minutes ago, waldroj said:

"... Other officials in the Army, not only me, also do this kind of thing...”

The is a real smell about this guy and his family !!!

They are as crooked as they come but were granted a blanket amnesty for anything they do since seizing the country.  They have made themselves untouchable

1 minute ago, Pimay1 said:

And the brother of the great corruption slayer gets off with a free pass time and again.

Yes I like what the current government is doing against corruption (far more than other governments) But this stuff of giving his brother and nephew a free pass makes them as hypocritical as all the others. 

Give the man a break.The planning stage of a declaration is a complex and intricate process, as it involves strange and unfamiliar foreign concepts whose monikers need to be carefully inserted at the right places to make it look good. Like "transparency" (that just has to be in there), "lawful" (always good), "fight against corruption" (another 'must have'). Lastly, "do you know my brother?" (it's a classic)

2 hours ago, Thechook said:

When we purchased our block it came with a number, we had our address prior to building commencing.  How did he register the land without a lot number?

These so called hi so think people are stupid to believe that. Find a better answer if you want people to believe you. I think they don't study communication at the military academy.

20 minutes ago, robblok said:

Yes I like what the current government is doing against corruption (far more than other governments) But this stuff of giving his brother and nephew a free pass makes them as hypocritical as all the others. 

They are considerably more than merely hypocritical given that they are going about making even knowing about such things a criminal act.

Just now, baboon said:

They are considerably more than merely hypocritical given that they are going about making even knowing about such things a criminal act.

Just voicing my displeasure, and sure call them more then hypocritical I would agree. I like the effort to curb corruption (we all know its needed) but by allowing stunts like this they discredit all their good work. One law for them and one for us.. that is how it looks. 

27 minutes ago, robblok said:

They have done nothing about corruption.

1 minute ago, smutcakes said:

They have done nothing about corruption.

That is your view, my view is that far more people have been jailed and far more investigations have been started then before. Your entitled to your opinion of course. However stunts like this discredit all of that. 

2 hours ago, ezzra said:

Yes, now that that he got caught, he's going to declare

it and other assets, it was said that the fish stinks from the head....

Further, this guy should have enough brains and common sense to do things by the book and not make troubles for his brother and for the reputation of his wider family. Especially when it comes to land ownership and correct documentation.

A brainless fool!