The Mystery of Room 309 at the short time hotel!

webfact

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 27/12/2016 at 8:00 PM, Kiwisailor said:

The dodo (Raphus cucullatus) is an extinct flightless bird that was endemic to the island of Mauritius, east of Madagascar in the Indian Ocean. 

Sorry mate, on set of Parkingson disease, you mean no Dodo in NZ? Did the maori ate them all? if I my memory has not deserted me.

That wallpaper supposed to give you the 1001 nights ambience.  They have room with a horse saddle and you and your GF can ride on it , it will give you a feeling of riding on horse back, quite an experience, cowboy boots are optional.
Thailand cater to all taste, young and old.

Hmm, I bow to your obvious knowledge -drawn from experience?

People die unexpectedly everyday. We don't often get to choose or know the location or circumstances . Earlier this year in Vietnam an expat expired while getting a haircut on Bui Vien street ( back packer/ tourist area).  It so spooked the girls that they ran out of the salon screaming as he sat there with an unfinished haircut.  

14 hours ago, gdgbb said:

What makes you think the dead man was Thai?

What makes you think that the woman was Thai?

What makes you think that the staff member was Thai?

Well, that it happened in Thailand is a pretty good clue: the vast majority of people in Thailand are Thai.

6 hours ago, dotpoom said:

Isen't it a sad sad world we live in when one knows for sure that the death of a fellow human being (in certain circumstances)

will be a great source of funmaking  for a lot of people. 

When I go I hope that the circumstances of my passing will cause someone somewhere to crack a joke. Anything less would be a sad waste. Especially as it seems that the deceased went peacefully in bed (which is about as good as it gets in my book) and that the humour in the situation stems from what the others involved did.

6 hours ago, sekmet said:

Were the towels wrapped in shapes likes elephants or swans?

But seriously, if you are going to die (and we all are) what better than orgasm+heart attack?

My thoughts would be that the chap came and he went. Happens in hotels and off the building it's self, all too common these days.

17 hours ago, gdgbb said:

Sounds like just another day on Thaivia to me.

Why would a foreign man get a short time room in Pak Kred when he could just take the woman home?

Why would a foreign woman go with any man to a short time hotel if she wasn't a "working woman"?

I must admit I haven't been around Pak Kred for a little while although even when I was there foreign "working women" were pretty thin on the ground!

Why would an establishment in Pak Kred hire a foreigner to be night manager in their short time hotel?

Sounds like another person on an overdose of their medicine to me??  :wai: Pompous nit picker!

it was sad at the time when my brother exited this life just after he emptied his load, obviously to much of a load to carry on the trip, it's a talking point and good for a laugh when you meet old friends that hadn't heard the story

18 hours ago, Pattaya28 said:

So the alleged facts.

1. A man named Dodo.

2. Dodo was asleep while on duty.

3. Dodo had a vivid dream.

4. Nudge on his leg from nowhere.

5. Dodo went to a room which was allegedly occupied and unlocked the door, and entered.

6. Dodo discovered a dead body and ran for his life, as you do.

7. Unusual residue awaiting discovery.

8. Cannot make this stuff up.

Dodo saw women rushing out of room into the night and went back to sleep.

11 hours ago, outsider said:

Ok, you need to try harder at creative storytelling. The old superstition-and-spirits card has been used just too many times, and not the most creative way of justifying the fact that you fell asleep while on duty.

Now seriously dear employee-of-the-year, just what was it that really made you check on Room 309... hmm?

3 hours is a long time in a short time hotel.Times up.They usually ring through.

3 hours ago, TPI said:

Why would a foreign man get a short time room in Pak Kred when he could just take the woman home?

Why would a foreign woman go with any man to a short time hotel if she wasn't a "working woman"?

I must admit I haven't been around Pak Kred for a little while although even when I was there foreign "working women" were pretty thin on the ground!

Why would an establishment in Pak Kred hire a foreigner to be night manager in their short time hotel?

Sounds like another person on an overdose of their medicine to me??  :wai: Pompous nit picker!

Many foreigners use short times for obvious reasons,they are married to somebody other than the partner in the short time hotel.How many foreigners are called Dodo.While it is a first for me for a Thai name,they have a weird and wonderful collection of nick names.

23 hours ago, gdgbb said:

Sounds like just another day on Thaivia to me.

Staff has got be Thai, it is illegal for foreigner to do a job that Thai can do.

But you're right, no reason to assume others were Thai, the woman is most likely an Australian, working here as  English teacher

13 hours ago, madusa said:

Dodo is a big New Zealand bird. Was it Dodo the bird that dream he was a hotel staff named Dodo taking a nap when this guest appeared in his dream  pointing to the room?

Or was it the hotel staff that dream he was a Dodo bird dreaming about the guest.

Beautiful dream I must say.

By the way in the parallel universe Dodo the Bird was dreaming he was the hotel staff, that is for sure happening.

Emu, not Dodo. They were eaten into extinction in the 19th century.