Woman driver, 21, tells cops she stepped on accelerator instead of brake as policeman seriously hurt in Lampang

webfact

Woman driver, 21, tells cops she stepped on accelerator instead of brake as policeman seriously hurt in Lampang

p5.jpg

Picture: Daily News

LAMPANG -- A Thai woman driver said that she stepped on the accelerator in a panic when a man ran in front of her crossing the road in Lampang.

Police and medics called to the Jamthewee Road outside Lampang Kindergarten found officer Richa Chanakarn in a pool of blood with his left leg smashed and detached, reports Daily News.

Richa is attached to the Lampang police. He was given emergency treatment and rushed to hospital by medics.

Also at the scene in a state of shock was twenty one year old Lampang native Orauma Paengkaew the driver of a white Toyota. She said that the man ran out in front of her and in a panic she stepped on the accelerator instead of the brake.

Officer Richa was crushed between her car and a pick-up stopped in front of her.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-12-28

Poor sod. This does happen everywhere. Had a doris ram me years ago (high heels on :sleep:) and said the exact same thing... I'm very sorry, I stepped on the wrong pedal. Luckily, I only ended up with mild whiplash. Custodial sentences should be handed out to these bimbos for driving without due care and attention.

Edited by daveAustin

driving education in theory in practice

a number of hours with a driving instructor

a tough but fair driving test

application of the law

a well instructed and tought but fair police force

-

and Thailand would not be Thailand anymore

regarding the traffic situation, the number of accidents, the number of traffic victims ...

3 hours ago, daveAustin said:

Custodial sentences should be handed out to these bimbos for driving without due care and attention.

...also for the male bimbos who rush out in front of vehicles without warning.

Very often whilst driving behind Thais, their brake light is often going on, flickering, indicating that they have their left foot on the brake......in panic situations, there's no place for the right foot to brake.....

Using 2 feet in a automatic car is just lazy.

21 minutes ago, ChrisY1 said:

Very often whilst driving behind Thais, their brake light is often going on, flickering, indicating that they have their left foot on the brake......in panic situations, there's no place for the right foot to brake.....

I remember when I went to renew my driving license, I saw a Thai lady doing the emergency brake thing.  She kept hitting the "brake" with her left foot.

"No no", shouted the examiner, "Pretend you are driving a car."

"I know", said the woman. "I use my left foot to brake".

True story

Strange excuses in Thailand. My ex Thai wife told me not long after we married when I suggested she get a drivers licence in Australia 'I can't drive an automatic' In reality she was scared of Sydney traffic. But she did learn to drive at home in Thailand on a tractor on the farm.          

These people are out there , doesn't bare thinking about when they react to a situation and foot the wrong pedal , in 48 years of car driving never happened. just maybe she had to look down to see which pedal was for what and heaven help us there might be hundreds out there the same.

21 hours ago, ChrisY1 said:

It is not lazy.  It is flat out dangerous.  It also means they were never trained to drive properly.

18 hours ago, ChrisY1 said:

Cannot agree. Driving 2 legs have advantages. First, it is safer ... you can surely find the brake and faster..... Could be milliseconds, what means meters. The other thing is that even if you use both of your legs, you do not have to lean your left leg on the brake. 

On 12/28/2016 at 11:23 AM, sweatalot said:

driving education in theory in practice

a number of hours with a driving instructor

a tough but fair driving test

application of the law

a well instructed and tought but fair police force

-

and Thailand would not be Thailand anymore

regarding the traffic situation, the number of accidents, the number of traffic victims ...

perfectly stated...among Thailand's many problems, the traffic issues are the easiest to fix...

5 hours ago, Honthy said:

Cannot agree. Driving 2 legs have advantages. First, it is safer ... you can surely find the brake and faster..... Could be milliseconds, what means meters. The other thing is that even if you use both of your legs, you do not have to lean your left leg on the brake. 

It's not safer....using one leg your foot is off the gas and on to the brake

No chance of hitting the gas and and brake at the same time. Only time you use booth legs in a manual is if you are doing a burnout.?