• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Will27 said:

Gee, I thought it was more.

Still, I can understand those not wanting to be submitted to a lot of the crap that's been posted.

Maybe for next year, all nominees have to email the mod running it to confirm their acceptance.

I'm sure there were a few that were not even aware of being nominated.

As an award and not a Position I am not sure that acceptance of nomination should be required.  It is an Award posted for the Poster of the Year...not for the Poster of the Year That Accepted Nomination.

1 minute ago, harrry said:

As an award and not a Position I am not sure that acceptance of nomination should be required.  It is an Award posted for the Poster of the Year...not for the Poster of the Year That Accepted Nomination.

Yes but people were allowed to withdraw after being nominated, so by not withdrawing, I guess you were consenting.

At least with a confirmation email, you won't get people in the running who weren't even aware of their nomination.

2 minutes ago, harrry said:

As someone who declined their nomination I disagree. Anyone who wants to put themselves in the firing line for the kind of treatment dished out to POTY candidates in recent years must be barking. It's difficult enough to deal with the trolls and idiots on a Monday through Friday basis, three weeks of the same over the Xmas holidays is not even a starter in my book.

Just now, chiang mai said:

As someone who declined their nomination I disagree. Anyone who wants to put themselves in the firing line for the kind of treatment dished out to POTY candidates in recent years must be barking. It's difficult enough to deal with the trolls and idiots on a Monday through Friday basis, three weeks of the same over the Xmas holidays is not even a starter in my book.

You do have a valid point...I have had two years of shit thrown...I reckon for this one time no chat, just vote...Finish...

4 minutes ago, chiang mai said:

Woof. :post-4641-1156694572:

Well look in my case, I fall out with someone and all they talk about is shit, nufink to do with someones year long TVF input....

PLUS the shit comes from a multi banned member....

Edited by transam

8 minutes ago, transam said:

Well look in my case, I fall out with someone and all they talk about is shit, nufink to do with someones year long TVF input....

PLUS the shit comes from a multi banned member....

But if you do run for an office....and you definitely were running you can expect scrutiny and revelations,  ask both Clinton and trump.  The only restriction should be if it can be shown that the accusation is false....not that the person making it is not a nice person.

I personally do not like cross forum slagging.  I can however see how this comes about.

1 minute ago, harrry said:

But if you do run for an office....and you definitely were running you can expect scrutiny and revelations,  ask both Clinton and trump.  The only restriction should be if it can be shown that the accusation is false....not that the person making it is not a nice person.

I personally do not like cross forum slagging.  I can however see how this comes about.

I cannot deal with blatant lies or twisting of facts....My stalker does this, yeh he is a groomed salesman that captures folk and for sure hates losing a sale...In fact the guy hates being banned on a forum, bit like losing a sale I suppose....

7 minutes ago, harrry said:

But you're not running for office.

It's an award.

Just now, Will27 said:

It's an award.

Just now, Will27 said:

It's an award.

Toche

But in that case the correct thing is for the candidate to stand aside and let others decide on the merrits, not argue a case,  possibly a statement of what he/she has done to be granted the award and then leave it to others.

2 minutes ago, sipi said:

I was also kindly nominated but declined.

Me? Seriously?

Thanks, but I can think of at least a dozen posters who are far more interesting than an old man who goes to Lotus once a fortnight.

Which shows just how few of his posts you have read!

Transam:   105 - 28 = 77

Naam:   94 - 11 = 83

I don't often follow this POTY topic ,,, but I have to say how pathetic is this for just only 83 votes for a forum with many many thousands of active members. SAD ...

Edited by LivinginKata
typo - as usual

4 minutes ago, LivinginKata said:

Transam:   105 - 28 = 77

Naam:   94 - 11 = 83

I don't often follow this POTY topic ,,, but I have to say how pathettic is this for just only 83 votes for a forum with many many thousands of active members. SAD ...

sadly some good candidates were inelligable

Just now, LivinginKata said:

Let me help you ...

Rule 10) Do not discuss moderation publicly in the open forum; this includes individual actions, and specific or general policies and issues. You may send a PM to a moderator to discuss individual actions or email support (at) thaivisa.com to discuss moderation policy.

I fink he is finking too much at the moment, though would have guessed a poster with 20 odd thousand posts would know the rules 

14 hours ago, Old Croc said:

Only 160 of the huge membership of Thaivisa could actually be bother voting!

Over recent years, since the concept has been revived, the thing has gone from silly to nasty and treacherous. It has reached new lows this year.

With  the incredibly low turnout, the cheating, the egotistical hysteria of some posters, the abuse of animals, the desperation and disappointing change of personality in some members who were once admired,  and the plain tackiness of the whole thing, it may be a good time to discontinue the farce.  At the very least move it back to the Pub where most of the participants spend their time pissing in each others pockets.

Even any entertainment value, sometimes gained by those of us on the sidelines, was ruined by several idiots who just kept posting meaningless drivel every few minutes.

The music wasn't bad.

I too regarded it as a serial posters love-in and gave it a wide berth :)

Edited by evadgib

Just now, Cockwomble said:

No idea what you are on about, that's about 5 times you have now read something into things that have been posted. Are you paranoid or something?

The way I read it you made an assertion..All I want is an expansion on that..