Weeds over 10 ft tall growing over my wall...who to complain to?

mdotinc

25 minutes ago, mdotinc said:

A lot of people here on Thaivisa love to open their gizzards with no clue or facts behind their statements. It is not "a couple weeds", it is an overgrown lot growing in some places over 20 feet tall, breeds all kinds of mosquito's that carry dengue and malaria, and tons of snakes etc.

I have a child and worry for my family. All of you people recommending that I "cut it myself" have no idea the severity of the issue but continue to talk about it....you people that have nothing better to do than to repeat others' "dumb" words need to get a life instead of trolling 24/7 on peoples thai visa posts. Straight up. Losers.

Bye then

50 minutes ago, mdotinc said:

A lot of people here on Thaivisa love to open their gizzards with no clue or facts behind their statements. It is not "a couple weeds", it is an overgrown lot growing in some places over 20 feet tall, breeds all kinds of mosquito's that carry dengue and malaria, and tons of snakes etc.

I have a child and worry for my family. All of you people recommending that I "cut it myself" have no idea the severity of the issue but continue to talk about it....you people that have nothing better to do than to repeat others' "dumb" words need to get a life instead of trolling 24/7 on peoples thai visa posts. Straight up. Losers.

Moving is the only advice you will take so take it and stop the whining.  Count your blessing that you don't own

And by the way, you came here and opened up this subject, sorry we won't parrot what you want to hear  

1 hour ago, mdotinc said:

Oh do be quiet, you silly, silly little creature.

Diddums.

1 hour ago, mdotinc said:

A lot of people here on Thaivisa love to open their gizzards with no clue or facts behind their statements. It is not "a couple weeds", it is an overgrown lot growing in some places over 20 feet tall

I stand by my words, there is no task a goat cannot achieve, just get a few if you needed it to be done quick, G.I. Goats will exceed your expectations as there is literally no altitude they cannot deal with, just Goggle them by yourself: "climbing goats".

A second less environmental's choice, would be to give a quick call to the "Cpac" and get a new parking lot just in time for the New Year's celebrations...

G. I. Goat.jpg

15 hours ago, ThaiWai said:

Not sure but they have gasoline and matches

Indeed. I had a fellow ferenghi who'd tried that, against my advice, and blew the skin off of the backs of his legs which took three months and a hill of pain to heal. Wish I'd had a camera to hand though, look on his face as the blast blew him threw the air was bloody priceless :laugh:

11 hours ago, Damrongsak said:

Glyphosate is NOT Agent Orange.  The latter was a combo of 2,4-D and 2,4,5-T.  The manufacturing process for 2,4,5-T resulted in dioxin contaminates which is the really bad stuff, though 2,4,5-T is toxic.  2,4-D is still used as a broadleaf week killer.  Glyphosate will kill broadleaf weeds and grasses.  Not terribly persistent in the soil.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/2015/04/150422-glyphosate-roundup-herbicide-weeds/

Note where it says there have been no studies on human health, up until now. Quite possibly because it is owned by monsanto, and likely why there is so much cancer here. Buy a bloody scythe.

Make contact with the Thai owner. 

Tell him/her you have a friend interested in the buying the land, and your friend has big money.  Tell them your friend is very interested, but needs to see the land cleared.

Job done. No crime committed. 

To get things done, which involve Thai's on Phuket, you simply need to appeal to their main motivation in life - MONEY - whether that money be real, or otherwise.  :smile:

Edited by NamKangMan

On 31/12/2016 at 2:12 AM, Damrongsak said:

Glyphosate is NOT Agent Orange.  The latter was a combo of 2,4-D and 2,4,5-T.  The manufacturing process for 2,4,5-T resulted in dioxin contaminates which is the really bad stuff, though 2,4,5-T is toxic.  2,4-D is still used as a broadleaf week killer.  Glyphosate will kill broadleaf weeds and grasses.  Not terribly persistent in the soil.

My bad. That will teach me not to believe everything I'm told by 'experts'.

It IS orange coloured though!

I'm aware of the health dangers of spraying it. That's why I use the 'dab' method I mentioned.

Edited by Chainsaw

we use burning method a bit at a time a bit of gasoil in a pump spray spray area to be burned then stand away and throw firework into area once burning we make sure it not spread more than we want it to. Reason is we have dogs not want them on land with chemicals to kill weed.

Edited by jeab1980

35 minutes ago, Langsuan Man said:

There is the answer to the OP's question,  complain to your landlord 

No not enough, complain to the Lord and tell him that at the first occasion, you'll become a convinced atheist if the course of nature it's not quickly reversed.....

On ‎30‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 10:35 AM, mdotinc said:

Here is a response to everyone here saying I should "do him a favor and cut it myself"... <deleted> THAT!!!!

I am not doing this scum any favors because he is too lazy and inconsiderate to do it himself.

Thankfully I rent this place so at first possibility, I am out of here!!! I am not cutting, spending money, risking my health for this guy that put me in this position to begin with...

You guys are way to nice....must have just moved to Thailand LOL...not me...been here long enough to know...

So you have been here a long time and don't know where to complain? 

Just pay a contractor to clear the land if the owner wont do it after getting their permission

Ask around locally someone should know who owns the land or ask the local government office

Probably no regulations here about keeping land fire safe so the owner does not have to clear it

Cheapest way out is to shift somewhere else if renting

42 minutes ago, mrwebb8825 said:

a couple of liters of diesel and a few matches, wait about 2 hrs and call the fire department. They'll come and clear out all the weeds around your wall for free and charge the owner. Problem solved. :smile:

I don't think so especially if you are seen setting fire to it

Someone will be charged for sure but it wont be the owner

On 31/12/2016 at 2:17 AM, mdotinc said:

mdtonic said: "

All of you people recommending that I "cut it myself" have no idea the severity of the issue but continue to talk about it.."

How about you post a picture then we can all see the severity of the issue, particularly where you state encroachment is occurring i.e. "growing over my wall".

Edited by prophet01

On 31/12/2016 at 1:17 PM, mdotinc said:

I suppose you will just have to get used to the fact that you have no rights here. 

On 12/29/2016 at 3:41 PM, Chainsaw said:

Glyphosphate (aka agent orange) works fine, add water 5:1 If the weeds are growing over your wall just give them a dab with a rag on a stick. That way you can be selective instead of spraying everything.

Nothing will happen for about 3-4 days as it takes that long to get down to the roots but your weed problem will disappear permanently!

the active ingredient in round up is glyhosate. sold my monsanto also packaged as vision for commercial applications like conifer release in the silviculture industry.

while glyphosate aint exactly benign, it is at least dioxin free, agent orange had all sorts of other chemical bonuses in it.

i sprayed it for years as a summer job in university.

nasty stuff, but seems i remained fertile.

Edited by HooHaa