‘Army won’t interfere with next poll result’

rooster59

11 hours ago, rooster59 said:

THE ARMY CHIEF has vowed not to interfere with the results of the next general election

It is shameful that the military feels it must make such an announcement. Thereby admitting its ability to takeover the government at a time and place of its choosing. Such vows always come with the unspoken "But we can."

However Bangkok, Pattaya and Phuket are not the only places in Thailand, just the same as London, Edinburgh, Cardiff and Belfast are not the only places in the UK.

There are many hundreds of smaller cities, towns and villages in Thailand with so much to see but if you are only interested in the beach or night party activities you will never find them. Outside of the big tourist areas is a far nicer Thailand full of good Thais who are not out to rip anybody off and who do have genuine smiles.

billd766

That is why I said 65 million nice people as I know the villages and those people o so well. As for BKK/Pat/Phu the corruption capitals of Thai I would not waste my time visited once and never again so stuck with the villages and places like Chinat but will miss those good friends now

here is hoping times will change but I do not think so in my life time

lets hope

Mr

Chalermchai

sees the light!

1 hour ago, chainarong said:

You miss the point , that's already been tried between 2 coups , what I say is how do you get around the PTP nonsense and Suthep crap , what you don't  have is quality  politicians that can do the right thing , you don't have a good system of government , its all made up to suit the crowd that's now in power, and when they do have democracy it termed Thai democracy , ( Our Way) put it this way,  it ain't no German, Westminster, US styled government and it ain't no brainer what would happen again.

This is naive. Corrupt democracy is still better for a country in 2017 than any form of military government. The old paradigm of top-down control stifles creativity and innovation, leads to gross inefficiencies, and keeps the general population undereducated, ignorant, insular, and lacking in personal responsibility. The turmoil between top-down and bottom-up value systems has reached a boil in Thailand over the past decade but has existed for the better part of a century.

Authoritarian systems can be stable, as China and Russia can attest, but the larger part of society is less healthy, educated, and able to compete globally than citizens of democracies are. 

Edited by debate101

13 hours ago, chainarong said:

You miss the point , that's already been tried between 2 coups , what I say is how do you get around the PTP nonsense and Suthep crap , what you don't  have is quality  politicians that can do the right thing , you don't have a good system of government , its all made up to suit the crowd that's now in power, and when they do have democracy it termed Thai democracy , ( Our Way) put it this way,  it ain't no German, Westminster, US styled government and it ain't no brainer what would happen again.

They didn't try hence the 2 coups.

They want total power, hence your beloved and corrupt yellow shirts are the problem, no one else.

No doubt you're a liberal, liberals hate democracy when they don't win the vote and think coups are a perfectly legitimate way of telling people how they should live their lives.

They didn't try hence the 2 coups.

They want total power, hence your beloved and corrupt yellow shirts are the problem, no one else.

No doubt you're a liberal, liberals hate democracy when they don't win the vote and think coups are a perfectly legitimate way of telling people how they should live their lives.

So you see a fine line between liberalism and fascism? Or are they one and the same in your unique mind?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

23 hours ago, Ace of Pop said:

That's potty we may get Thaksins Tyrany in a new bottle again Let the Army carry on I say till normal Thais can form a new one that's Thai and not Chinese Immigrant owned

Have it ever occurred to you that they may like the power so much that they dont want to let go? And how may I ask will we get rid of tyranny in a camo bottle?

As opposed to Thaksins buying the North votes,it's been better for everyone since this Dads Comedy Army took over .As for Power I'm sure they would sooner be back in Barracks trying to find out how a Gun works.lf logic bothers you your never happy here,it's one big comedy show regarding leadership

13 minutes ago, gk10002000 said:

Now wait a minute.  Is this just a poor choice of words?  A Poll result is NOT an official result.  I naively would expect the official results to come from official voting records and not some sort of poll or query?

Why bother being creative with words if outright lies work just as well? It isn't as though they are accountable for what they say...

19 hours ago, wakeupplease said:

65 million nice people and 2 million out and out criminals mainly in BKK

The criminal system has multi tiers. I would say your figure covers the top top tier and then the definition of a criminal comes into play. Time to quit this is getting to complicated. 

Oh no! Not elections again. I think that most people have been happy with peace and quiet, there must be some who are not though. Rent a mob was a good little earner for many but it got out of hand and caused chaos. Can anyone suggest any who would like 'democracy'?

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

11 minutes ago, tgeezer said:

Oh no! Not elections again. I think that most people have been happy with peace and quiet, there must be some who are not though. Rent a mob was a good little earner for many but it got out of hand and caused chaos. Can anyone suggest any who would like 'democracy'?

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

Correct. Not elections, AGAIN.

Edited by baboon

This may very well be the last hurrah for the army. In the history of this country. When you really think about it, the moral authority they have used in the past, as justification for taking power, is now gone. So, will they have the support of the people. I seriously doubt it. 

3 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

This may very well be the last hurrah for the army. In the history of this country. When you really think about it, the moral authority they have used in the past, as justification for taking power, is now gone. So, will they have the support of the people. I seriously doubt it. 

The military has replaced the need for moral authority with constitutional authority. Support of the people will be irrelevant after endorsement of the referendum-approved 2016 draft constitution.