Video: Puddle Rage as motorcyclist smashes car window after dousing

webfact

Video: Puddle Rage as motorcyclist smashes car window after dousing

p6.jpg

Picture: Sanook

BANGKOK: -- A video is doing the rounds of Facebook after a motorist posted her experience of having a side window smashed by a motorcyclist.

The rider - angered at being splashed by the car driver on the Bang Na - Trat road - used a helmet to break the window.

The poster - Mauoylek Prakunhangsit - explained that she couldn't slow down when she saw the water on the road because of fast moving traffic behind. She said that the rider - who had two children on the back of his bike without helmets - was furious they had all been splashed.

But she said that her friend sitting in the passenger seat mouthed an apology but they didn't dare open the window or get out. "What if he had a gun?", she asked.

The matter was reported to Bang Plee police who were quickly on the scene and the motorcyclist agreed to pay compensation for the window.

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-01-02

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder how fast the car was travelling and whether too fast for a wet slippery road.

The drivers priorities:

- Ignore the motorcycle with father and two kids and their safety to prevent cars from behind hitting her car, and at the same time ignore the possibly that being doused with water could make it difficult for the motorcycle driver to have full clear vision.

How far ahead did she see the motorcycle with driver and pillion? Did she really have no time to turn on her emergency warning lights? Or slow down a little to take up her responsibility to help prevent accidents / help prevent death and injuries.

IMHO all divers have a responsibility, regardless of who is right or wrong by the law, to help prevent accidents and injuries. That's how I was taught to drive by my father and by my police driving instructor.  I've taught my Thai son the same thing and he's a careful driver and watches these things. He has had instances where others in his car have scolded him for slowing down because of wet conditions, because of close motorcycles etc. He ignores the comments and does the right thing. 

13 minutes ago, Sphere said:

Oh the poor dear....did he get his flip-flops wet?

No, he and his children were exposed to an unexpected spray of water that could have caused him to lose control of the bike leading to, at best, injury and possibly death. 

I know I'd be annoyed. 

8 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

No, he and his children were exposed to an unexpected spray of water that could have caused him to lose control of the bike leading to, at best, injury and possibly death. 

I know I'd be annoyed. 

Nevermind not wearing helmets, a bit of water is the father's priority. The guy is a dick.

8 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

I know I'd be annoyed. 

Hmmm...better set my gps to avoid all puddles from now on.....:thumbsup:

I'm not surprised this doesn't happen more often. People driving cars don't seem to give a crap when driving through puddles.

Where I live it floods terribly. Whether people are ploughing through the streets on bicycles or walking, SUV's, vans and trucks look

go fast because they can and it's up to you to get out of the way. Same on the major roads, they don't care if someone gets splashed.

It's part of driving right?

It's just the way it is. This woman's excuse she couldn't slow down because of traffic "behind" her is ludicrous.

How do you deal with it? The cop says you can't smash people's car windows. How do we deal with it?

3 minutes ago, Squeegee said:

Nevermind not wearing helmets, a bit of water is the father's priority. The guy is a dick.

Yeah, his safety priorities also included chasing down a car,  with his 2 kids and spouse on a bike.....:clap2:

9 minutes ago, Squeegee said:

Oh I agree.

However as I say, I'd be annoyed. 

Not sure I'd respond as he did but a few choice phrases would be uttered. 

Drivers could give a hoot, when there's water on the road.  They splash walkers and bikers with no regard.  When I rode a bicycle to work, it was so bad, I got to a point of catching up to cars and taking off their mirrors. Of course making certain the traffic was so bad they couldn't catch me.  Only did this a couple times...but damn it felt good.  Sorry, it's rude to drive like an ass when there's heavy rain pools.  Arrogance is rampant. 

11 minutes ago, Sphere said:

Hmmm...better set my gps to avoid all puddles from now on.....:thumbsup:

I'd assume anyone with care and concern for those on bikes would do all they could to avoid spraying them. 

Only a #%€$ would do otherwise.

2 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

I'd assume anyone with care and concern for those on bikes would do all they could to avoid spraying them. 

Only a #%€$ would do otherwise.

I'll try not being an #%€$.....hope it doesn't add 3 hours to my commute. :thumbsup: 

25 minutes ago, jlwilliamsjr18 said:

Drivers could give a hoot, when there's water on the road.  They splash walkers and bikers with no regard.  When I rode a bicycle to work, it was so bad, I got to a point of catching up to cars and taking off their mirrors. Of course making certain the traffic was so bad they couldn't catch me.  Only did this a couple times...but damn it felt good.  Sorry, it's rude to drive like an ass when there's heavy rain pools.  Arrogance is rampant. 

Great feeling for sure. However my guess is that the drivers of said cars wouldn't have had a clue what you did it for.

Even if you'd told them  . . . .

3 hours ago, Reigntax said:

Just teaching his children how to behave the Thai way. And they wonder why they grow up with anger issues.

Better still is him trying to justify his action.

Not sure what you mean by wondering why they grow up with anger issues. The majority of Thais I've met in my 13 years living here are kind and gentle people and I've never seen then blow. Not like back in the US or in Europe. 

3 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

An anger management course wouldn't have been a bad idea also.

And a call to Child Services wouldn't have hurt.

Have 2 kids on the back of your motorbike with no helmets, stop, dismount, smash a car window with your helmet.... great parenting. 

Take the kids off to a proper country to be raised. 

Thailand starts ti introduce the direct solutions.If something happens with me, hit, break or just kill... No need to judge, no need to consider. 

The family of this guy was really frightened too. Deserve ?