Blindfolded British couple found hanged in Cambodia with their hands tied together and 'a suicide note blaming the NHS for failing to deal with their mental health problems'

geovalin

16 hours ago, Ace of Pop said:

Drugs cause depression,not hard work

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

According to the Mayo Clinic, recognised as the US's number 1 hospital, it's not known exactly what causes depression. As with many mental disorders, a variety of factors may be involved, such as biological differences, brain chemistry and hormones, they state.

If you have any other research results relating to depression perhaps you should send them to the Mayo.

For those who think depression is the domain of drug addicts and parasites I would like to point out that President Lincoln at 33 suffered depression so severe that his friends took all the knives, razors, and other dangerous things from his room. He told them he was more than willing to die.

Winston Churchill also suffered badly from depression which he referred to as his black dog.

25 minutes ago, Saan said:

According to the Mayo Clinic, recognised as the US's number 1 hospital, it's not known exactly what causes depression. As with many mental disorders, a variety of factors may be involved, such as biological differences, brain chemistry and hormones, they state.

If you have any other research results relating to depression perhaps you should send them to the Mayo.

Everyone I know is too busy working to get depressed.

Depression appears to be a symptom of " too much time on their hands syndrome " 

Incidences of depression, nut allergies, gluten intolerance and back pain seem mostly to be limited to the over-nannied, paid to sit at home oxygen scavengers in the West.. Shame that all their problems don't seem to limit their ability to have dozens of kids ( paid for by the taxpayer ) 

I really do believe that a prescription of 12 hours compulsory hard work on civil projects and urban renewal would cure most of their ills.. 

5 minutes ago, Saan said:

For those who think depression is the domain of drug addicts and parasites I would like to point out that President Lincoln at 33 suffered depression so severe that his friends took all the knives, razors, and other dangerous things from his room. He told them he was more than willing to die.

Winston Churchill also suffered badly from depression which he referred to as his black dog.

Everybody suffers from " the blues " but most, like Winston just pull their socks up and get on with it. that's life, it's not a bed of roses everyday.  The serial malingerers just need extra encouragement. Make them work for their benefit, fresh air and physical activity would do them a World of good.

Edited by Pdaz
Typo

According to the Guardian the couple had left the UK in October and had said they were going to travel until their money run out, sounds like they had no plan after that unless they'd already decided to commit suicide. They also got married on xmas day.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/jan/03/british-pair-found-dead-in-cambodia-married-on-christmas-day-mother-robert-wells-imogen-goldie

Edited by sandrabbit