Get ready for another year of global tumult

webfact

Get ready for another year of global tumult

By Stephen Collinson, CNN

Washington (CNN)The political tumult that rocked the world in 2016 might be an appetizer for 2017.

Crucial elections loom this year in France and Germany, where the same anti-establishment backlash that produced Donald Trump and Brexit could offer an opening to nationalist leaders who oppose Muslim immigration and further erode the European unity that has been a signature of the post-World War II era.

The Middle East is spiraling deeper into the mire of fraying borders and sectarian disorder while violence in places such Syria is unleashing a tide of desperate refugees that is destabilizing Europe. Meanwhile, rising powers such as China, Russia and Iran are closely watching the developments to determine whether the convulsions in the West give them an opening to advance their own interests.

Full story: http://edition.cnn.com/2017/01/02/politics/donald-trump-us-global-politics/index.html

cnn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright CNN 2017-01-03

For sure the immigration policies of Merkel et al will see right wing anti immigrant parties coming to dominance in Europe, even if they don't become the governments in 2017.

IMO, the middle east and Africa will descend into chaos, even more so than now when people can't move to richer countries.

China will become even more aggressive in the south China sea, causing more tension with the US and it's allies in the region.

I reckon that 2016 will be looked back on as the calm before the storm.

The only good thing I see as potentially happening, would be friendlier relations between Russia and the US, once Trump takes over. Putin is obviously not burning any bridges at present in anticipation.

I don't know if it will be good or bad, but I see Assad regaining power over all of Syria. I just can't see Trump getting bogged down there. He has more important things ( for America ) to do.

42 minutes ago, elgordo38 said:

I don't believe all this rubbish. I just watch the stock market reaching new all time highs. That is my barometer. We are really living in the promised land right Donald??

the stock markets are not a good way to judge how things are running. they can be over inflated just on speculation. baltic dry index is a better indicator.

Certain things are guaranteed to happen, but whether they qualify as tumult is debatable.

* More heavy vehicles will be deliberately aimed at European  citizens in their own cities, and the mainstream media will do its utmost to blame it on a homicidal truck ("Truck ploughs into Berlin crowd: 14 dead") rather than mention there was somebody from the Religion of Peace at the wheel.

* Self-styled European elites will wail about the "loss of democracy" as figures like Wilders (certainly), Le Pen (possibly) and Akesson (probably) get elected to power through the ballot box.

* Anything that Donald Trump says or does will be vilified by the mainstream media within seconds

* The average global temperature will fall substantially, an event which will be described as "totally consistent with man-made global warming."

* More AK47-wielding maniacs shouting 'Allahu Akbar' will massacre night-club goers in Europe and the mainstream media will try to portray them as "mentally ill Norwegians."

* Every failure of the European Union will be evidenced by Eurocrats as the need for more European Union.

2 hours ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

the stock markets are not a good way to judge how things are running. they can be over inflated just on speculation. baltic dry index is a better indicator.

Your right of course buuut just being a little tongue in cheek. 

31 minutes ago, geriatrickid said:

Is he still alive?  Didn't he leave years ago in a dispute and fade away? I never understood why he was so angry sometimes.

I wanted to see how many picked up on this. He now is a business consultant of sorts at Faux News the traitor. 

19 hours ago, elgordo38 said:

I don't believe all this rubbish. I just watch the stock market reaching new all time highs. That is my barometer. We are really living in the promised land right Donald??

Well, whatever else you have to say about him, this "coaxing" of US corps to reverse course and preserve US manufacturing jobs seems to be a trend.  And he's not even in office yet.  The naysayers are sure he's going to touch off a trade war, but in the meantime, he's taking the wind right out of Obamian & Pelosian sails.  The folks back home are tired of hearing the boy statesman whining about how Putin stole the election, and Pelosi, well, she's just that shrill old harpy everybody's learned to tune out.

36 minutes ago, hawker9000 said:

Well, whatever else you have to say about him, this "coaxing" of US corps to reverse course and preserve US manufacturing jobs seems to be a trend. 

Well I hope your right. Over the years I have yet to see a politician deliver the real goods only shallow deeds benefiting big business. This coaxing part you mention seems to have carrots and tax gifts attached. As in Carriers case and they are still moving 500 jobs to Mexico so its not all win win for the workers but great propaganda for the golden haired boy. The also got a 7 million tax gift. Yes the Chinese manufacturers are coming to America with the same game plan they use throughout the world. Low wages, no unions or benefits and wear the company uniform and toe the company line. The one coming to Ohio making car windshields starts off at $15 an hour. We are going through a period of much hoopla and the man is not yet in office. Markets are climbing, the fanfare is deafening. But if your my age again is it all hype hope of prosperity look back my friend have we you and I ever seen it. Yes to a certain extent because they were different times. We were people not numbers on a work badge. All we have seen is a so called boom fueled by credit which has gotten cheaper along the way to bring in that last bastion of borrowers the poor and people that should not be borrowing money but they want to get on the bandwagon. Bandwagon to what is the question.