UK: Man dies in police M62 shooting in Huddersfield

webfact

Man dies in police M62 shooting in Huddersfield

A man has died during a "pre-planned" police operation near a motorway.

West Yorkshire Police said a police firearm was discharged during the operation at about 18:00 GMT near the M62 in Huddersfield.

The slip roads east and west bound at junction 24 of the M62 remain closed.

The force said the case has been referred to the Independent Police Complaints Commission. At least one person has been arrested but no further details have been released.

Full story: http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-leeds-38492953

bbc_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright BBC 2017-01-03

1 hour ago, colinneil said:

If it was pre-planned it was MURDER.

The operation was pre-planned, with guns.

The police didn't set out with the intention of killing someone, subsequent events led to this.

Manslaughter or judicial homicide would be my worst-case-guess, if any charges were brought at all.

It was recently reported that many police in the UK are reluctant to become firearms officers, one of the main reasons being the possible legal/career consequences of shooting someone.

5 hours ago, Andrew65 said:

The operation was pre-planned, with guns.

The police didn't set out with the intention of killing someone, subsequent events led to this.

Manslaughter or judicial homicide would be my worst-case-guess, if any charges were brought at all.

It was recently reported that many police in the UK are reluctant to become firearms officers, one of the main reasons being the possible legal/career consequences of shooting someone.

Don't worry - the officer concerned will be moved to an inactive post (on full pay, of course) for a few months until the investigation is concluded.

5 hours ago, Andrew65 said:

How do you know what the police set out to do? ...the investigation into what happened is only hours old & not even close to conclusion.

How many cases can you point to of fao doing time for shooting someone or even going to trial?

4 minutes ago, bangon04 said:

Don't worry - the officer concerned will be moved to an inactive post (on full pay, of course) for a few months until the investigation is concluded.

Or transferred to Thailand where he can shoot anyone he likes with impunity

2 minutes ago, Enoon said:

Possibly the police thought it prudent to carry arms if Mr Yaqub was on the path that he was alleged to have been on 6 years ago:

http://www.examiner.co.uk/news/west-yorkshire-news/yassar-yaqub-cleared-over-birkby-4998267

Apparently the judge wasn't keen on the witness:

After hearing arguments from counsel, Judge Marson ruled Mr Hussain was one of the least compelling witnesses that he had seen in 35 years.

7 minutes ago, onthesoi said:

Apparently the judge wasn't keen on the witness:

After hearing arguments from counsel, Judge Marson ruled Mr Hussain was one of the least compelling witnesses that he had seen in 35 years.

I did say alleged.

The case failed.

I look forward to finding out what he has been up to since then.

I must say from the pictures of the car windscreen the 3 shots were pretty well grouped when you consider the stress the marksman is under. Well done the British police, good to see you all go home safe to your families and the scum bag goes to hell.

Edited by pommy pete
spelling

On 3 January 2017 at 4:27 PM, dunroaming said:

Well I was expecting the usual posts claiming that the person killed by the police must have been Muslim, IOW a terrorist.  At least in the UK you are more likely to get some idea of what actually happened...... eventually!

It appears that he was a Muslim who had previously been charged with attempted murder after a shooting.

Drug dealer with a gun ,who had goten away with attempted murder before because case collapsed gets shot dead , so ,whats the problem? as to his being a Muslim born in Britain ,irrelevant ,but if his parents had never been allowed in , there would never have been a problem .

On 1/3/2017 at 8:02 PM, onthesoi said:

How do you know what the police set out to do? ...the investigation into what happened is only hours old & not even close to conclusion.

How many cases can you point to of fao doing time for shooting someone or even going to trial?

The police went out armed because they had reason to believe that the suspect was also armed.

My original post on this subject was in response to someone stating that the police "murdered" someone, in legals terms that there was malice-aforethought.

Also, as someone else stated, do the police have to wait for someone to shoot at them before they shoot back?

This guy had lots of violent "form" also.

3 hours ago, i claudius said:

So the police shot first asked questions later,he was armed and dangerous,who gives a Shit,? A load of luvvies ,low life's and his parents

Sent from my ASUS_T00J using Tapatalk

You left 'those who believe in the rule of law' off your list!

I wonder if you would be saying the same if the dead man was white British. Your earlier comment

7 hours ago, i claudius said:

if his parents had never been allowed in , there would never have been a problem .

makes me think not!

Of course the police have the right, nay duty, to fire if they believe that their life or those of members of the public are in danger; but God forbid Paul Weller's lyric "In the city there's a thousand men in uniform/And I hear they now have the right to kill a man" should become the normality and we live in a country where they have the automatic right to shoot first regardless.

Every time an armed police officer in the UK discharges their firearm the case is referred to the IPS for investigation. They will decide, based upon the evidence rather than prejudice, whether or not this was a justified and unavoidable shooting.

makes me think not!

Of course the police have the right, nay duty, to fire if they believe that their life or those of members of the public are in danger; but God forbid Paul Weller's lyric "In the city there's a thousand men in uniform/And I hear they now have the right to kill a man" should become the normality and we live in a country where they have the automatic right to shoot first regardless.

Every time an armed police officer in the UK discharges their firearm the case is referred to the IPS for investigation. They will decide, based upon the evidence rather than prejudice, whether or not this was a justified and unavoidable shooting.

You asked would I say the same if he was white British?typical left wing attack tactic ,make you a racist a homophobe or some other phobe,I don't care if the piece of scum was Muslim ,white, black red with yellow stripes or anything else ,deal drugs carry a gun ,well,live by the sword die by the sword.

You asked would I say the same if he was white British?typical left wing attack tactic ,make you a racist a homophobe or some other phobe,I don't care if the piece of scum was Muslim ,white, black red with yellow stripes or anything else ,deal drugs carry a gun ,well,live by the sword die by the sword.

According to your earlier post here you do care about his religion and skin colour.

Sent from my ROBBY using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

According to your earlier post here you do care about his religion and skin colour.

See twisting things again ,I quote,"as to him being a Muslim ,irrelevant" is what I said ,I then went on to say that if his parents had not been allowed to come to Britain there would not have been a problem ,but hey you just twist things

See twisting things again ,I quote,"as to him being a Muslim ,irrelevant" is what I said ,I then went on to say that if his parents had not been allowed to come to Britain there would not have been a problem ,but hey you just twist things

Not twisting, just telling it like it is. As you claim to appreciate so much [emoji1]

4 hours ago, worgeordie said:

He had 10 security cameras positioned around his house,had very expensive

cars,but it does not say what his employment was,most likely on the dole.

and a gun was found in the car.

regards worgeordie

Sky News is saying his occupation is listed as "office clerk" 

Yeah right... :whistling: 

Dead violent criminal. No loss. 

Regarding all reports from the UK media this piece of <deleted> was a well established drug dealer and total thug who believed he was above the law. Yes he was a hypocritical Muslim who admits to partying with alcohol, he and his fello thugs were known to use firearms as a deterrent. Only last week he used a firearm to intimidate a woman.

all of the public outpouring of grief is laughable, he is now in the right place and out of danger to the public. I say a big well done to the UK police and long may there aggression continue