At least 15,000 vans could be taken off the roads

rooster59

The winner will be The Transport Company  (state-owned) as it has the lions share of  (if not a monopoly on) inter-provincial bus routes.

The losers will be the passengers as its buses are relatively slow, unreliable and uncomfortable compared to the private tour buses. 

Edited by GazR

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, GazR said:

The winner will be The Transport Company  (state-owned) as it has the lions share of  (if not a monopoly on) inter-provincial bus routes.

The losers will be the passengers as its buses are relatively slow, unreliable and uncomfortable compared to the private tour buses. 

I've found the Transport Company to be very reliable. 

I've travelled hundreds of times and routes with them. The only issue I've ever had with them was a bus on the Korat-Bangkok route which broke down. They had her up and running again in approx. 15-20 minutes.

They drive slower than the private operators, granted, but they've always gotten me to my destination safe and in one piece. Something I value very much. 

On 1/7/2017 at 11:05 PM, tomacht8 said:

Same for me.
I will never forget my few MiniVan trips.
Hua Hin to Bangkok at 130 km / h, safety distance 1 meter to the other Mini Van in front; Blind flight over 2 hours.
Surat Thani airport to the ferry port at 120 km/h at heavy rain;  aquaplaning sliding without end.
Koh Samui Airport to Hotel at 70 -100 km/h on the ringroad while the driver was playing with his smartphone non stop.
Bangkok to Kampheng Phet, almost crash on the highway. In the evasive maneuver, the van was only on 2 wheels.

Better to pull the monkeys out of traffic first.
Better today than tomorrow.
They can start again with the MiniVans, when the drivers have learned to drive a vehicle safely.
At the moment there are only a few.

Yes I can surely picture everyone of your rides. Minivans are definitely an experience that every farang should experience. Sorry only joking. Never again for me unless its an emergency or no other possible way. Anyone have a coined word for Thai minivan+ death trap. Got to be one out there somewhere

Buses are slower that's the whole point!

On 1/8/2017 at 2:45 PM, Brer Fox said:

That's fine having one bus instead of 5 overloaded pickups so long as the driver is a sensible driver. Again buses don't kill people the drivers do. Anyway I thought the discussion was about minivans rather than pickups.

Its just another example of where these smaller forms of public transport need to be replaced with bigger vehicles, the minibuses are leaving in convoys to the same destination, it's ridiculous.

1 hour ago, Shawn0000 said:

Its just another example of where these smaller forms of public transport need to be replaced with bigger vehicles, the minibuses are leaving in convoys to the same destination, it's ridiculous.

I agree with you.