Law enforcement, technology can cut passenger-van accidents, say experts

rooster59

Every single day there are reports of passenger van accidents

What I would like to know, is what happens to all these totaled vans ? and there must be hundreds of them !

Having lived in Thailand now for several years, I have yet to see a " scrap yard " where all these vans  ( and other vehicles from all the accidents ) are pulverised and sold for scrap value.

Surely all these wrecks are not ( made good ) and re-introduced back onto the roads ? or are they ?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

15 hours ago, Cake Monster said:

What I would like to know, is what happens to all these totaled vans ? and there must be hundreds of them !

Having lived in Thailand now for several years, I have yet to see a " scrap yard " where all these vans  ( and other vehicles from all the accidents ) are pulverised and sold for scrap value.

Surely all these wrecks are not ( made good ) and re-introduced back onto the roads ? or are they ?

In many cases- yes.

The vans are getting plenty of stick, as they should.
However, in this latest 'killing spree' (25 dead), half of those killed were in a pickup truck.
Using the kneejerk logic on display, should we have a go at phasing out pickups as well?

17 hours ago, Cake Monster said:

I also have never seen a scrapyard of carcarcasses, i've seen places where they are sold in pieces to be used again.

5 hours ago, bheard said:

The vans are getting plenty of stick, as they should.
However, in this latest 'killing spree' (25 dead), half of those killed were in a pickup truck.
Using the kneejerk logic on display, should we have a go at phasing out pickups as well?

Ban them all - go back to bullock waggons and elephants - dramatically cut the road deaths. ..