Video: Hunt on for foreigners who disrespected Thai flag

webfact

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 hours ago, soalbundy said:

It's a piece of coloured cloth ( just to get things into perspective )

Words are only words but they can also be lies, perjury, slander, fraud etc.

This is Thailand and they do things differently here. I understand that this is a crime and the minimum punishment is six months prison and a fine. Their country, their laws, we are only observers.

Edited by rott

They are young and obviously stupid + they were drunk - according to them.

That does not give them the right to damage property.

Make them pay for the damaged property + a hefty fine for drunken vandalism. Probably think of some way to make them more respectful of other nationalities flags and then get them out of the country with a banning order.

No jail time required.

13 minutes ago, rott said:

This is Thailand and they do things differently here. I understand that this is a crime and the minimum punishment is six months prison and a fine. Their country, their laws, we are only observers.

I'll have to tell my Thai wife to stop polishing the brass door knobs with the Thai flag then although it is almost black now due to the brasso, so all black, maybe it isn't a flag anymore, just another rag in the box

20 minutes ago, phetphet said:

Haven't read every post, so I don't know if it has already been mentioned, but in that video of them apologising in post #141, they sound more German than Italian.

Tirol, Northern part of Italy that used to be part of Austria, the inhabitants speak German and generally reject the idea of being Italian.

21 minutes ago, rott said:

speaking of perjury,there is a cafe in the Munich court house called cafe Meineid (perjury), in the West we can laugh at anything, it's one of our strengths.

5 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

I'll have to tell my Thai wife to stop polishing the brass door knobs with the Thai flag then although it is almost black now due to the brasso, so all black, maybe it isn't a flag anymore, just another rag in the box

Think you are talking rollox....Gawd.... Forehead slap animated emoticon

21 hours ago, kannot said:

I have a full head of hair so i dont need to split them

You have not yet answered the question, "Is Jesus your Spanish boyfriend?". But that name is common enough now, he might not be from Spain.

Yeah u 2 Fd that up didnt u boys :)

Pay a few baht, wai and bow.

kor Tod tod tod tod tod tod tod.... and its all good now. Dont do it again!

Now how about solving some real crime.... next!

(its vital Thailand protects its national identity or it will just become another Surfers Paradise or Florida).

3 minutes ago, walterego said:

Yeah u 2 Fd that up didnt u boys :)

Pay a few baht, wai and bow.

kor Tod tod tod tod tod tod tod.... and its all good now. Dont do it again!

Now how about solving some real crime.... next!

(its vital Thailand protects its national identity or it will just become another Surfers Paradise or Florida).

Can you start again.....:thumbsup:

I will have no sympathy for these two when they are caught and really do hope they do time for this.

For anyone thinking this is a trivial matter, try doing this to your own national flag in your home country.......................default_wink.png

Happens all the time in the UK by Muslim citizens living in Britain. They display their anger by burning the Union Jack in public demonstrations.
No police action taken or arrests.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Both men have been charged with property damage, as well as damaging and disrespecting the national flag, confirmed Lt Kunsawai Kunno of Krabi City Police.

The Thai Flag Act stipulates a six-month prison term and a 1,000-baht fine for such actions. Thai criminal law states that anyone found guilty of desecrating flags or state symbols is subject to a jail term not exceeding two years, a fine up to 4,000 baht, or both.

Have you ever listened to an Italian trying to speak English ? They are not Italians with names like  Ian Gerstgrasser and Tobias Gamper . With the accent the kid spoke with in the video my guess is Austria or Switzerland .  

Stupid, drunk and, particularly in this nationalistic country, ignorant. We have all done stupid things when drunk. Fine them is enough to sooth poor, dear Thais sensitive feelings (and a few delicate TVF posters) but that's it enough is enough.

1 hour ago, LammyTS1 said:

Happens all the time in the UK by Muslim citizens living in Britain. They display their anger by burning the Union Jack in public demonstrations.
No police action taken or arrests.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Happened in Australia a few times too, Muslims pull down the Aussie flag and stamp on it and piss on it. 

51 minutes ago, tukkytuktuk said:

Both men have been charged with property damage, as well as damaging and disrespecting the national flag, confirmed Lt Kunsawai Kunno of Krabi City Police.

The Thai Flag Act stipulates a six-month prison term and a 1,000-baht fine for such actions. Thai criminal law states that anyone found guilty of desecrating flags or state symbols is subject to a jail term not exceeding two years, a fine up to 4,000 baht, or both.

This is a maximum punishment i doubt very much that they will go so hard on two tourists. It is to be hoped that the authorities will see it as it is, two drunk young men who acted in a reprehensible way and let mercy prevail over right of law, nobody was injured or killed and no serious damage to property.

27 minutes ago, balo said:

Have you ever listened to an Italian trying to speak English ? They are not Italians with names like  Ian Gerstgrasser and Tobias Gamper . With the accent the kid spoke with in the video my guess is Austria or Switzerland .  

Jesus ! how many times has it been said here, Tirol, Northern Italy, where the people are of Germanic stock.

These kids probably looking for pokemon and angry they did not find it so they focus on flags instead , they should be having efty fine and kik out with red lag in the system never to return  to  the land of smile hehe.

These two were pillocks for disrespecting someone's national flag, but saying that, I wish the locals could show as much hurt and pride in their country when it comes to people (mostly fellow Thais) dumping litter. They utter not a peep.

12 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

Jesus ! how many times has it been said here, Tirol, Northern Italy, where the people are of Germanic stock.

Sorry I didn't read the whole thread , so they are Italians but looks like they live near the border of Austria and Switzerland.  

Edited by balo

5 hours ago, Mangostin said:

If you are confused by his posts it's because you are likely to be a confused person.

He was very clear and spot on, he was accused by another confused poster as you, to be claiming something false, which he wasn't and has repeatedly proven, is it you and your friendos which are clutching at straws, but at least you admitted to be a confused person, which it's a first step toward the right direction.

I am not confused, never have been, but I dont mind humouring the odd member on here occasionally this includes you

I am not bothered what A. N. Other accused him of, thats of no interest to myself

I replied to him because he posted a sign which the like has not been seen or allowed in the UK for a very long time whether you or he likes it or not, or more likely dont know about or never heard of the Race Relations Act

I can see no point in going back in history to resurrect such things hence my own delving back in time to emphasize that point

I actually found our little exchange quite amusing, but as happens with most good things they come to an end

Unfortunately in this case to be replaced by you

I suggest you go back and read our whole exchange and then maybe you might find yourself on safer ground

I refer of course to being in the same position as myself where confusion is concerned

If this post does not help, then by all means come back to me and I will start with explaining the basics, as in this is your right hand and this is your 5555555555555