Savannakhet SETV

On ‎1‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 5:05 PM, brizz said:

Yes, this is a very good point.

My own bank statement was from BKK Bank. I presented a print-out of my statement, NOT my bank book...and this was fine. In addition, when I was standing in line, I noticed that another American showed a bank statement from a US bank, and I think he was fine. I also noted that someone tried to show a credit card and was refused. The purpose is to show that you have at least 20,000 THB, and a credit card doesn't exactly do this.

A credit card does do this if you show a minimum available credit of 20,000 THB that means a credit card statement must be shown, not a physical credit card of course.

On ‎1‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 4:04 PM, juice777 said:

That is still open for debate because the notice says round ticket not a ticket out of Thailand. But you are right but it's not confirmed yet.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I think you're taking that "round-trip" part too literally. AFAIK, the term "round-trip" is simply American English for "return trip" in British English, but what consulates/embassies and immigration really care about is an outbound ticket...to anywhere outside of Thailand, even Vientiane, Laos, whose airport is located less than 5km from Thai territory.

On 15/01/2017 at 1:48 PM, juice777 said:

Dose anyone know if the ticket had to be within 60 days or is 90 days ok?

My flight ticket (to the UK) is fixed for around 80 days from the date I requested the visa. He carefully looked at the date, tapped it with his pen, cocked his head as if doing a mental calculation then moved on to the next document.

Of course, the visa is valid for 3 months. The 60 (+ 30) day clock only starts ticking when you enter Thailand. So, theoretically, a ticket out of Thailand 150 days, and possibly 180 days, in the future would be okay.

My flight ticket (to the UK) is fixed for around 80 days from the date I requested the visa. He carefully looked at the date, tapped it with his pen, cocked his head as if doing a mental calculation then moved on to the next document.

Of course, the visa is valid for 3 months. The 60 (+ 30) day clock only starts ticking when you enter Thailand. So, theoretically, a ticket out of Thailand 150 days, and possibly 180 days, in the future would be okay.

Oh yes of course I forgot that you had 3 months 2 get to Thailand.

Thanks for reminding me.

1 hour ago, Briggsy said:

If you have a Thai wife or child, you may be eligible for a 60-day extension to visit them, and it could be longer than 180 days even.

In the end, it will vary from consulate to consulate whether they are willing to take the possibility of extensions into account when looking at the duration of your proposed visit.

• Like 1

Ok they accepted mine I should pick it up tomorrow.

2 people got refused why I was there. The first one no bank statement and to many tourist Visas.

The second one had a Thai mini stament I think. but the guy said i can't see your name on it so he showed him his bank card but the numbers wasn't on the bank mini statement . He then said 2 many Tourists Visas you need proof of funds.

He really checked my bank statement and I had 2 show him my card to prove it was from the same account. I believe this is because my name wasn't on it.
Thanks God I noticed that myself and decided to bring my card with me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, juice777 said:

He really checked my bank statement and I had 2 show him my card to prove it was from the same account. I believe this is because my name wasn't on it.
Thanks God I noticed that myself and decided to bring my card with me.

Do you mean your Debit Card, or a Credit Card? Because, I only have a Debit Card from my Thai Bank and there isn't my name written on it. Last time I showed a Bank statement issued from the SCB with stamp and sign. Sure, it includes my name. Next time I ask them if they could add my Passport number onto the statement.

May be I missed it, but did you show also a flight or other ticket?

Edited by alocacoc

Do you mean your Debit Card, or a Credit Card? Because, I only have a Debit Card from my Thai Bank and there isn't my name written on it.

Mine was a debt card from the UK with a print out of my current balance. My last banks statement was from Jan the 1st so a bit old and I didn't have a lot of money in there at the time.

Maybe that was the guys problem in front of me.That he didn't have his name on his card . The guy behind the window asked him if he had a bank book but he didn't.

Basically I think he needs something with your name and enough funds on it.Or in my case 2 things 2 cross reference them.

He seemed strict but fair

• Like 1

Thanks again. So, as conclusion we could say, bring a Bank Statement and a outbound ticket and you are fine, even with many TV in the passport. However, probably next time (in March) I will go to Vientiane. Therefore I ask a Visa office about the requirements.

Thanks again. So, as conclusion we could say, bring a Bank Statement and a outbound ticket and you are fine, even with many TV in the passport. However, probably next time (in March) I will go to Vientiane. Therefore I ask a Visa office about the requirements.

Yes I would say so. You might want to consider making your own tour porgamme just in case.All mine said was the dates where I will be and where I will exit from.

• Like 1

Thanks for the report, juice777.

It confirms the policies starting in the first week of Jan 2017 continue and an SETV from Savannakhet now requires some careful preparation of documents, in particular bank statements.

2 hours ago, Briggsy said:

Thanks for the report, juice777.

It confirms the policies starting in the first week of Jan 2017 continue and an SETV from Savannakhet now requires some careful preparation of documents, in particular bank statements.

A Finnish friend of mine was there last week, he gave them a copy of his Finnish bank statement, a bus ticket out of Thailand (to Malaysia I think) and proof of his ownership of his Condo in Thailand

This was accepted and he received his SETV with no issues

He had had one previous SETV just over 2 year ago and since then he has been on a ED Visa

Edited by darrendsd

A Finnish friend of mine was there last week, he gave them a copy of his Finnish bank statement, a bus ticket out of Thailand (to Malaysia I think) and proof of his ownership of his Condo in Thailand

This was accepted and he received his SETV with no issues

He had had one previous SETV just over 2 year ago and since then he has been on a ED Visa

Good to know a bus ticket is ok. That would have saved me about 1500THB. But at least it looks like I am going to HCMC In 3 months, Good for next time.

1 hour ago, juice777 said:

Good to know a bus ticket is ok. That would have saved me about 1500THB. But at least it looks like I am going to HCMC In 3 months, Good for next time.

Another friend was in HCMC around 3 weeks ago, same was asked but he produced a flight ticket instead of a bus ticket

A friend of mine was rejected SETV today, she was asked to show proof of 50,000 Baht (she had 30,000 in cash but that was not enough) and a ticket out of Thailand. Luckily she was admitted back in to Thailand by immigration but they gave her 28days, not 30 or 29, 28 so that she has time to sort things out!?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kasset Tak said:

A friend of mine was rejected SETV today, she was asked to show proof of 50,000 Baht (she had 30,000 in cash but that was not enough) and a ticket out of Thailand. Luckily she was admitted back in to Thailand by immigration but they gave her 28days, not 30 or 29, 28 so that she has time to sort things out!?

Where was this?

5 hours ago, Kasset Tak said:

When applying for a SETV, you need to have a bank-statement - not cash.  I think the amount may have been lost in translation - it should be 20K Baht.

14 hours ago, darrendsd said:

Where was this?

It was in Savannakhet.

9 hours ago, JackThompson said:

When applying for a SETV, you need to have a bank-statement - not cash.  I think the amount may have been lost in translation - it should be 20K Baht.

When you pass the border the immigration might ask you to show 20,000 in cash, bank-statements are not accepted for that so its really turn to a catch 22!
On the other hand how can you be expected to have a up to date bank-statement from a bank in your home country if you are a tourist in Thailand and applying for a new visa in Laos... the only way that you can have an up to date bank-statement is if you have a Thai bank account and that you shouldn't have if you are only a tourist!

9 minutes ago, Kasset Tak said:

On the other hand how can you be expected to have a up to date bank-statement from a bank in your home country if you are a tourist in Thailand and applying for a new visa in Laos..

I would assume many people have online banking that allows them to print out a bank statement.

I would assume many people have online banking that allows them to print out a bank statement.

...and how do you access this money from your home country account in Thailand..your bank card most likely not working...just wondering?

...and how do you access this money from your home country account in Thailand..your bank card most likely not working...just wondering?

It all most definitely dose you might just have to ring your bank for security reasons. Then you put the card in the Hole in the atm and follow the instructions.

6 minutes ago, wobalt said:

Living in Thailand for many years I can tell you that this definitely not work ..at least for most German banks

Living in Thailand for many years I can tell you that Thailand has been linked in to the global credit and debit card systems for a long time, allowing foreign cardholders to make cash withdrawals from ATM's in Thailand. Also online banking allows for foreign account holders to initiate foreign transfers to Thailand from the comfort of a chair in Thailand or Savannakhet. It is really easy and has been for many years. In this way funds outside of Thailand may be accessed from Thailand.