TrueVisions insists it has provided sufficient remedy for cancellation of HBO channels

snoop1130

I don't know! I certainly don't like the recent changes, but from where I am standing they still are the only act in town. When there is more feasible choices to make then perhaps I will make them. But for now they have our hands tied down. With the only choice being "Take it or Leave it!"

11 minutes ago, GOLDBUGGY said:

I don't know! I certainly don't like the recent changes, but from where I am standing they still are the only act in town. When there is more feasible choices to make then perhaps I will make them. But for now they have our hands tied down. With the only choice being "Take it or Leave it!"

Did you read any of the comments here? There are plenty of other choices.

21 minutes ago, GOLDBUGGY said:

Well, I left it about a year ago and never looked back. I now have a cable TV package for 3000 Baht per year that supplies me with a couple of channels I like as well as covering the wife's needs, and in addition I also subscribe to Netflix, which I stream using a basic 3BB internet package that still allows me to wtch HD quality content. I'll be looking at some of the services described in this thread to maybe do away with the cable TV as well.

Unless True vastly improve their business model (prices, service, content) they'll never have me as a costumer again. Come to think of it, they'll never have me as a costumer again - period.

8 minutes ago, Becker said:

Well, I left it about a year ago and never looked back. I now have a cable TV package for 3000 Baht per year that supplies me with a couple of channels I like as well as covering the wife's needs, and in addition I also subscribe to Netflix, which I stream using a basic 3BB internet package that still allows me to wtch HD quality content. I'll be looking at some of the services described in this thread to maybe do away with the cable TV as well.

Unless True vastly improve their business model (prices, service, content) they'll never have me as a costumer again. Come to think of it, they'll never have me as a costumer again - period.

The truth is that I live out in the sticks and am lucky I get Internet by WIFI. I have no idea how to even get anything else here. With True Vision it was easy. Call someone out you provided everything and hooked me up by Satellite.

I here all sorts of people claiming they get other channels from different providers. Hook this box up to that box and into your LAN Internet for streaming video (what LAN Internet). I just want something when I turn my TV it works. A may not be great anymore. Or even good. But it works.   

19 hours ago, pennine said:

Would like to hear comments about pulse TV, good or bad.

I have been trying to get a trial of pulse TV for a few weeks now as James the "customer service guy " promised however still have not heard back , service stinks. Also ditching True visions I get it for the golf and so far the advertised golf programes have been replaced with junk this year, I liked true because you could record and watch later. True have no respect for their customers.

I like hd have increased the price of the basic uk channel from 250 a month to 450 so I am looking around.

12 hours ago, GOLDBUGGY said:

The truth is that I live out in the sticks and am lucky I get Internet by WIFI. I have no idea how to even get anything else here. With True Vision it was easy. Call someone out you provided everything and hooked me up by Satellite.

I here all sorts of people claiming they get other channels from different providers. Hook this box up to that box and into your LAN Internet for streaming video (what LAN Internet). I just want something when I turn my TV it works. A may not be great anymore. Or even good. But it works.   

That is true if you live out of the lan areas true is the best or only way to go

40 minutes ago, jewell49 said:

I have been trying to get a trial of pulse TV for a few weeks now as James the "customer service guy " promised however still have not heard back , service stinks. Also ditching True visions I get it for the golf and so far the advertised golf programes have been replaced with junk this year, I liked true because you could record and watch later. True have no respect for their customers.

I like hd have increased the price of the basic uk channel from 250 a month to 450 so I am looking around.

Pulse seems to have a good selection of channels, but at 10,000baht a year it is a little too pricey for me, also only offers a 24hr catchup. I have just bought 365 sport for 6000baht, It also gives you a 7 day catchup choice. All my tv programs I can watch for free on FILMON and for about 180 baht month gives me 4 hours of recording time, so never miss any program. As for free movies nothing will beat Exodus on Kodi.

9 hours ago, curtklay said:

Well, I think their new channels are great. Just in the first week they showed the 1966 blockbuster, "Killer Bees".  :wacko:

Who needs movies from this century?

Ha!Ha!Ha!. Yep! I caught myself watching a few Spencer Tracy Movies and Betty Davis ones myself, which I haven't seen since I was a kid. Which is good as I forget the ending. Mom made me go to bed before it was finished. I also finally saw what Katharine Hepburn looked like when she was under 80 years old. A Real Looker back then to.

I hate to admit it but after watching a few of these Oldies and Goldies, they really knew how to make a movie back then and how to act. Someone once said they haven't made a good Western Movie ever since John Wayne died. I don't fully agree to that, but at least now I understand what they were trying to say.

I have to go now as they will be showing Captain Courageous soon with Spencer Tracy.I don't want to miss this one as it is one of there newer movies they show now. It came out in 1937. This sure beats the Silent Movies and reading the capture in Thai.    

15 hours ago, Becker said:

A period costumer?  Can I get a codpiece please? Extra large.

3 hours ago, jewell49 said:

Also ditching True visions I get it for the golf...

They have sleeping pills nowadays that are just almost as effective as watching golf.

Edited for accuracy.

Edited by impulse

15 hours ago, GOLDBUGGY said:

Are you sure you dont have options though ?? 

I live in a village (tho in the outer environs of chiang mai) and have fiber.. 400m down the road theres a couple of flavors of fiber.. And ADSL functions well enough for streaming here too and has been available for years. My wifes family just visited the boonies and the village has signs up for CAT fiber, AIS fiber and adsl providers hanging about. 

I do get that some people really are out somewhere they cant get good options, but its getting rarer.. 

this keeps reminding me more and more of the California Fitness thing a few years back... how is it that so many folks have no idea what an income statement is?

one's that are made public and are in the general news as well.

you don't have to be a CPA.

no surprises here.  move along.

Edited by maewang99

24 minutes ago, LivinLOS said:

Are you sure you dont have options though ?? 

I live in a village (tho in the outer environs of chiang mai) and have fiber.. 400m down the road theres a couple of flavors of fiber.. And ADSL functions well enough for streaming here too and has been available for years. My wifes family just visited the boonies and the village has signs up for CAT fiber, AIS fiber and adsl providers hanging about. 

I do get that some people really are out somewhere they cant get good options, but its getting rarer.. 

No! To be honest I don't know for sure. What I do know is that nobody in my village has a Land Line Telephone, or Cabled Internet. I am probably the only one here who has True Vision Satellite TV. All other have the one for Free Thai Channels. 

And yes, I do like my quiet community. I only wish my TV was better, which was okay before, and although the Internet is okay, I would pay more for that if it was better to. 

37 minutes ago, impulse said:

They have sleeping pills nowadays that are just almost as effective as watching golf.

Edited for accuracy.

Here! Here!

Fun to play Golf but Hell to watch! So I agree!

But when you have a choice between that, and a Chinese Ping Pong Tournament, or Darts, when everyone reacts sadly when he misses his triple 20 his first time, then I can't blame him one little bit for choosing Golf. I do to. 

On 09/01/2017 at 5:22 PM, snoop1130 said:

TrueVisions upgraded the subscription packages for its customers to the next higher package for one month. Those who subscribe to the top package of Platinum will receive 1,000 True Bonus points for spending to buy goods and services from True partners.

The above is interesting as we now have less sports channels than we had before, so a funny way to upgrade. Sony TV has also disappeared.

After subscribing to UBC/True for 18 years as a gold customer, I was able to cut the cord thanks to a TOT fiber link installed in our home in a small village 18km outside the city.  Now, with netflix and a boatload of internet available shows, I have more than enough to keep me occupied.....costs about $10 a month.  My wife has her large satellite dish that gives her all the Thai/Lao channels she wants......one time installation cost only.

True reminds me of some of the old-style shop owners who continue to try and sell outdated appliances/tvs......most don't honor a return policy.  They slowly dry up because they can't compete with the big stores who openly advertise their prices.....same price for all customers.

True's a dinosaur.........and I'll guess won't last much longer given that there are increasingly other legit options out there.

5 minutes ago, bangkok blue said:

This single gateway could throw a spanner in the works for those of us who stream live sport and download/stream movies and series. Does it look like it is being approved?

What is pulse TV?

Pulse tv is an iptv service through the internet carries lots of channels and is good value for money imo of course. Pulsetv.net you will find all you need to know.

The problem is that many of us live in areas where internet access/speed is unreliable - and so find it easier to switch on the TV.  Who wants to start watching something only for the programme/film to keep stopping throughout?

I've downgraded to Gold with Truevisions, but am appreciating the opportunity to watch some (old) films that I haven't seen previously!

Let's be honest, the old HBO package wasn't great either as they showed repeat after repeat for years....