Break in CNN coverage of Thai weather and flooding

SantiSuk

Was just tuned into CNN News at about 8:20am this morning. In their regular coverage of Asian weather they turned from discussing weather over Japan and China to the weather over Thailand and showed some pictures of flooding in southern Thailand. Suddenly True Visions showed a screen "this programme will resume shortly".

Curious - just saying - you can form your own views and choose whether or not to discuss them here. I'm just giving a heads up on the facts. 

True has be been blocking anything about Thailand for a while now. As soon as the word Thailand is said it is blocked not matter what is about. It appears to be overkill to prevent getting into trouble if was something was said was something the government does not like.

I was totally amazed yesterday when they blocked the weather report.

It is not only CNN that is being blocked. BBC and others also.

Prayuth reminds me of the little boy who put his finger in a hole in the dyke. As if we can't find the same news online. 

What next? Censorship of any English language article online containing the word Thailand? We can kiss this forum goodbye if, or when, that happens. ..

6 minutes ago, dbrenn said:

Prayuth reminds me of the little boy who put his finger in a hole in the dyke. As if we can't find the same news online. 

What next? Censorship of any English language article online containing the word Thailand? We can kiss this forum goodbye if, or when, that happens. ..

It would just migrate over to Facebook much the same way many forums have already done already.

Just now, BudRight said:

That is censored too.

I don't think it is in the same way. I know people get into trouble over FB postings however it isn't on the same level as censorship that happens through True. They could block Facebook. lol That might get the attention of the Thais. Right now nobody cares that a handful of foreign news sources are doing this. Take away FB their might be a reaction.

There could even be a bunch of hackers sittting around pushing their F5 buttons repeatedly.

2 hours ago, dbrenn said:

Wall Street Journal and The Harald Tribune (NY Post) are long gone, so we are already far down that dirty road.

10 minutes ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

Wall Street Journal and The Harald Tribune (NY Post) are long gone, so we are already far down that dirty road.

?

Do you refer to certain reports/links?

I have no problem opening WSJ or Herald Tribune/NYT from Thailand.

i noticed it as well santisuk. glad i wasnt the only one.

4 times the last 2 mornings like clockwork.

i can only assume they dont want conflicting weather reports....but still it seems awfully strange to me.

or maybe they dont want people to cancel their trips to thailand?

that or its just more *fake* news.....:smile:

Edited by turnpike