Taiwanese businessman found dead with plastic bags wrapped round his head

webfact

Taiwanese businessman found dead with plastic bags wrapped round his head

1a.jpg

Picture: Daily News

BANGKOK: -- An elderly Tawanese businessman was found dead in a Bangkok condo yesterday with his head wrapped in several plastic bags.

His girlfriend said he had contacted her saying he didn't want to see her anymore, reports Daily News.

Police in Wang Thong Luang district found 73 year old named only as Liaw dead on his knees by the bed in a fourth floor condominium.

He had a total of seven plastic bags in two layers wrapped around his head and had a rope and piece of cloth tied around his throat.

There was no sign of a struggle or evidence of theft in the room. Medics said he had been dead at least three days.

His girlfriend - referred to as "A" - said that he was involved in the rag trade. But business had been bad recently. She said he had contacted her on January 6th to say not to bother to come and see him any more.

She went round but got no answer and left.

The Daily News story made no comment as to what might have happened nor did they quote police.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-01-13

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, webfact said:

He had a total of seven plastic bags in two layers wrapped around his head and had a rope and piece of cloth tied around his throat.

Sounds like someone really wanted to make sure he was dead. 

Whether suicide or not. 

Edited by Bluespunk

Whether suicide or not.  When you are alone in this world then you are vulnerable.

Old people are becoming a softer and softer target every day.

Kids murdering their parents for inheritance.  Never heard of in my day.

Unless you were a king or something.

What a shame that a man who had probably worked hard all his life should die alone in a foreign country, unable to rely on a welfare state or his family to help him enjoy a peaceful retirement. In the West he would have at least a state pension to support himself with, here nothing. I consider myself lucky to have both a pension and a supportive family. RIP old man.

50 minutes ago, car720 said:

Whether suicide or not.  When you are alone in this world then you are vulnerable.

when was your day? these things have always gone on, but today information is easy to come by so you hear it more.

52 minutes ago, car720 said:

Whether suicide or not.  When you are alone in this world then you are vulnerable. Old people are becoming a softer and softer target every day. Kids murdering their parents for inheritance.  Never heard of in my day. Unless you were a king or something.

Never heard of in your day because they crimes went undiscovered or were not reported.

23 minutes ago, Classic Ray said:

What a shame that a man who had probably worked hard all his life should die alone in a foreign country, unable to rely on a welfare state or his family to help him enjoy a peaceful retirement. In the West he would have at least a state pension to support himself with, here nothing. I consider myself lucky to have both a pension and a supportive family. RIP old man.

The man was  from Taiwan. You are obviously unaware of the relatively generous old age benefit available to retirees.  If the work was  classified as "hard" retirement age is 55. Otherwise tey can start collecting at age 60. Who knows how he treated his relatives. Based upon the stories in TVF, many of  our elderly members abandoned wives and kids.

35 minutes ago, Classic Ray said:

Let's not get sentimental, as long as you are comfortable and without pain it doesn't matter where you die, the cessation of all worldly things, your family and monthly income will mean nothing at that moment,for you the universe has ended and all that is in it,your struggles and achievements,your love's and failures will all seem pointless.

19 minutes ago, GAZZPA said:

when was your day? these things have always gone on, but today information is easy to come by so you hear it more.

Years ago when i was in Germany i read an article from a criminal inspector. He was complaining about the lack of autopsies being carried out, especially on older people who died at home with their family. His comment was if a candle was lit in a graveyard in any Bavarian town for those who had been murdered by their families for the inheritance the graveyard would be as bright as day.

1 hour ago, car720 said:

Past, present and future. It has always happened, is happening now, and will happen as much in the future. Nothing, really has changed about mankind.

The only difference is that now we have internet.

7 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

Let's not get sentimental, as long as you are comfortable and without pain it doesn't matter where you die, the cessation of all worldly things, your family and monthly income will mean nothing at that moment,for you the universe has ended and all that is in it,your struggles and achievements,your love's and failures will all seem pointless.

You can always rely on TVF to cheer you up on an otherwise uneventful day.

3 hours ago, BuaBS said:

What ? How ?

Usually a combination of sedatives and a plastic bag. When you pass out from the drugs the carbon dioxide kills you, though the best way is to elasticise the seal around your neck and hold it open till you lose consciousness. Either that or you need a big plastic bag that allows for enough oxygen till the drugs take effect. This guy seems to have done it the hard way. RIP