Pattaya repaints bus stops, no-parking zones

Rimmer

Pattaya repaints bus stops, no-parking zones

Work crews have been out repainting traffic lines and bus stop lines along Pattaya Beach Road.

PATTAYA:--Pattaya began repainting lines for bus stops in hopes that baht bus and other public transport vehicles will actually use them this time.

Engineer Chanchai Suksomchom led a work crew to Beach Road near Soi 7 Jan. 4 to paint yellow-and-white “temporary stopping only” and red-and-white “no parking” zones.

He said there had been complaints that people could not identify easily where it was legal to park. It also would help as the city and military works together to relieve traffic congestion by reregulating baht buses.

Read more: http://www.pattayamail.com/news/pattaya-repaints-bus-stops-no-parking-zones-161156

PATTAYA MAIL 2017-01-13

Alllllll together now.....

:guitar:Spot the waste of

Spot the waste of

Spot the waste of fuggin paint

Fuggin paaaaaiiiiiiaint

Spot the waste of fuggin paint.:guitar:

It amuses me when 'newbies' to Pattaya try using the Zeba Crossings, expecting the traffic to stop.. Some traffic lane marking last year made all but NO difference. We all know about traffic lights and One Way soi etc.... why bother.. Drive as fast as you can, anywhere you want and hope for the best.. So far, in 9 years driving here and all around the country, no accidents... So far!!  

1 hour ago, NUUM said:

Could they also paint similar on the left side lane of the highways saying 'Buses please stay in this **** lane and stop blocking all of the cars with your slow movements. You do not own the road."

Not only on highways. In the cities as well. Sometimes they block 4 lanes on Sukhomvit in Jomtien. 

43 minutes ago, Matthew2027 said:

It amuses me when 'newbies' to Pattaya try using the Zeba Crossings, expecting the traffic to stop.. Some traffic lane marking last year made all but NO difference. We all know about traffic lights and One Way soi etc.... why bother.. Drive as fast as you can, anywhere you want and hope for the best.. So far, in 9 years driving here and all around the country, no accidents... So far!!  

Ah those pesky Zebas - not exactly much to do with bus stops. 

In my travels, the best I've seen was Fort Lauderdale.  Half a dozen "jaws" driving around towing illegally parked cars.  Everyone said to watch out for the jaws.  BTW at the time, you could park on the beach, which I did one night.  Copper woke me up at about 8am and said to move on.  Spring Break, so gave me a break.  555

15 hours ago, Srikcir said:

What's the sense of allowing temporary stopping in a bus stop zone?

Don't allow it.

Well if the buses weren't allowed to temporaily stop there they may as well not bother. In reality they may as well not bother anyhow as nothing is going to change.

Edited by jacko45k
typo

11 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Well if the buses weren't allowed to temporaily stop there they may as well not bother. In reality they may as well not bother anyhow as nothing is going to change.

I wasn't referring to buses but to all other vehicles such as cars, trucks, motorbikes, tour buses, minivans, etc. Bus stop zones should only allow buses no matter how often the zone is empty. Given the lack of traffic enforcement, bus stop zones become just another public parking strip.

The 'bus stop' will soon end up as a police check, since that will be the only car and motorbike free zone. 

Again I was stopped yesterday at the junction Thepprasit and Thappraya/Jomtien 2nd Road. 

There was a stretch of red-white marked area along the side walk (absolutely no-stop zone) so I drove up to Pan-Pan Restaurant and stopped there. 

The police officer waived angrily with his arms and I pointed at the red-white colored sidewalk.

Obviously the distance was to far away for him; he turned around and stopped another bike. :passifier:

16 hours ago, Matthew2027 said:

So far, in 9 years driving here and all around the country, no accidents... So far!!  

I said this until two months ago then two motor cyclists ran into me at 90 kph AFTER I'd crossed to the central reservation waiting to turn right.  My first class insurance enabled them to have life-saving medical treatment.

On Thursday they asked for compensation of nearly NINE MILLION!

Time to take my pensions elsewhere - anyone want to buy a lovely cheap house in Bang Saray?

11 hours ago, mikebell said:

I said this until two months ago then two motor cyclists ran into me at 90 kph AFTER I'd crossed to the central reservation waiting to turn right.  My first class insurance enabled them to have life-saving medical treatment.

Time to take my pensions elsewhere - anyone want to buy a lovely cheap house in Bang Saray?

Sorry to hear about your 'number coming up' mike, it's definitely a deal breaker for many these days.

On 1/14/2017 at 8:49 AM, mikebell said:

Some years ago two girls on a m/bike ran into me when i was turning left ,they tried to undertake , they wanted "compensation" i told them to go forth an multiply ? i had 1st class insurance as well .