Crash casts shadow over Children’s Day

rooster59

On 15/01/2017 at 6:52 AM, mtls2005 said:

Not too mention the fire truck over-turning on the tarmac, which pretty much shut down the airport for the day.

It just seems like the Military could find better ways to show respect for "the children" one day if the year?

Agreed. I viewed a 'photos from around the world' and there was a picture of some small boys behind a machine gun titled 'Celebrating Children's Day in Thailand'. We're used to it but what image does that present to anyone thinking about booking a family holiday here?

13 minutes ago, flyingdoc said:

Slightly reminiscent of the Shoreham Air Show accident just over a year ago in the UK. .  RIP the pilot!  Neither reports are likely to be made public !

Yes very 'slightly'. At least the kids weren't allowed to clamber over tanks and get behind heavy artillery.

2 minutes ago, flyingdoc said:

Slightly reminiscent of the Shoreham Air Show accident just over a year ago in the UK. .  RIP the pilot!  Neither reports are likely to be made public !

The only similarity is that they were both aircraft.

The Hunter T7 at Shoreham was flown by a civilian who flew on a regular basis to keep current. He had not filed a display plan with the organisers but did not keep to it. He started his loop too low and in the wrong place and subsequently was too low to recover safely.

As to the report that you claim will not be made public. If you had done a simple Google search here might find what you are looking for.

https://www.gov.uk/aaib-reports/aaib-investigation-to-hawker-hunter-t7-g-bxfi-special-bulletin-s1-2016

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/statement-on-the-shoreham-air-display-accident-investigation

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/aviation/12190069/Shoreham-air-crash-report-Organisers-unaware-of-pilots-display-plans.html

There is more information out there if you can be bothered to look.

The Gripen is a modern aircraft flown by a fully qualified pilot who was current in his hours and an operational pilot. From what I have seen of the video he flew along the runway away from the crowd and started his maneuver which seemed to be a roll to port. He completed 180 degrees and was coming back towards 270 degrees but failed to complete the roll. Now whether he cleared that display with the tower before hand or not I have no idea but I would tend to think that he did. Just why he crashed is not known at this time but the court of enquiry will make its determination after the crash report is in and filed.

Will it be published in Thailand. I have no idea but it will be published or some sections will be published in the aviation world.

Who knows what happened or went wrong, Thais are just a bit different with their view on life, Idon't know what we'd call it, It will never happen , I suppose.

Was in the car with the kids on 2 lane dual carriage way.When we happened upon a lorry as i thought wth a riculously high and wide load. As we managed to get past it  turnout out to be a pick up carrying the load.How can you drum responsibility and caution into people like that , its impossible

Edited by Dave67